Fordham Game Discussion

• 193 replies

paultzman

Re: Fordham Game Discussion
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
@StJohnsBBall: LIGHTS OUT: #SJUBB Uses Total Team Effort To Frustrate Fordham, 104-58: Recap, Stats, Notes, Quotes, Photos, Video: http://t.co/ztuHHfHBp1

« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2013, 08:47:04 PM »
How the hell did the worst shooting team in the country and we all know that Lavin can't coach (see Longwood and Penn St games) beat a Fordham team that beat a MAAC powerhouse on the road like Manhattan by 40+ points?

How is that possible?

How can that be we know Lavin in 3 years could not recruit a 3 point shooter and even decided not to recruit a bonafide 3pt shooter in Jon Severe?

Someone needs to explain this to me right now...

Really?   You can't enjoy this win without being obnoxious?
I'm not saying Lavin is a good in-game coach or not, but beating Fordham today doesn't discount the last 30 games we've seen.   So give it a rest

Shut up and I don't care what you say.  People said SJU was the worst shooting team after the first 3 games you nice person.not the last 30.

But you proved my point the most obnoxious people are those who can't stand having it thrown back in their face and then justify everything they say by saying "this does nothing."  Laughable and predictable.  And a nice person.

Don't respond to any of my posts again...

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2013, 08:49:52 PM »
This was a pregame post on a fordham message board. Read if you want a good laugh.

Right now, SJU is talking smack..........imagine, some kid from Nigeria , who ended up at that very curious school in Centereach , telling New Yorkers who wants to go to what school in the NYC pecking order.......amazing.......all the pressure is on SJU in this game, all of it. We have the top freshman in NYC and we are hot.......let them keep yapping.......playing right into our hands, poorly coached and un-disciplined team.......Severe will bury them....
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:51:26 PM by STJ11Redmen »

mkras99

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2013, 08:54:31 PM »
So much anger in Fordham.

« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2013, 08:54:48 PM »
How the hell did the worst shooting team in the country and we all know that Lavin can't coach (see Longwood and Penn St games) beat a Fordham team that beat a MAAC powerhouse on the road like Manhattan by 40+ points?

How is that possible?

How can that be we know Lavin in 3 years could not recruit a 3 point shooter and even decided not to recruit a bonafide 3pt shooter in Jon Severe?

I'm not saying Lavin is a good in-game coach or not, but beating Fordham today doesn't discount the last 30 games we've seen.   So give it a rest

Shut up and I don't care what you say.  People said SJU was the worst shooting team after the first 3 games you nice person.not the last 30.

But you proved my point the most obnoxious people are those who can't stand having it thrown back in their face and then justify everything they say by saying "this does nothing."  Laughable and predictable.  And a nice person.

Not to mention, I thought we played very smart today too. But I didn't see anyone mention that.
We make a couple stupid plays in another game and we have the lowest IQ in the country. Also, no one really giving props to Lavin for the blowout win. I know it's Fordham, but many people predicted a very close game and were nervous about losing.

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »
That was fun. The ball movement was incredible today, hopefully we continue to play unselfish. Granted Fordham isn't great and rarely will we shoot the ball that well, that was a great team win. Between the 2nd half of the GT game and this game we have some nice momentum and swagger going into the Syracuse game. Time to take them down!

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
Some a**holes just like to rip the team they allegedly root for, players and coaches alike, not only when they lose but also when they don't win by "enough."  Some of those posters have been conspicuously absent this evening.  I commend you for your post Fordham (ironic that that is your name   :) )

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »

How is that possible?

Not to mention, I thought we played very smart today too. But I didn't see anyone mention that.
We make a couple stupid plays in another game and we have the lowest IQ in the country. Also, no one really giving props to Lavin for the blowout win. I know it's Fordham, but many people predicted a very close game and were nervous about losing.

And that is precisely my point SJU was in a no win situation which is exactly how the critics want it.  And Fordham as proven by their win up at Riverdale is no pushover this year.  Certainly no team you would think SJU would be beating by FORTY NINE POINTS with 6 minutes to play...

SJU needs to prove consistency no doubt but the critics are so quick to jump on the board (almost like they are ROOTING for their bad predictions) when SJU misses 3 shots in a row.  I mean saying things like they are the "dumbest team" "worst coached team "worst shooting team" after literally a handful of games and also as if they have watched all 300 plus D-1 schools to make those assertions is so laughable.

I just had to get a chuckle today...just for one day at least...

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
BTW-Let's take this earlier Providence argument about them being more impressive then SJU.

Well PC beat LaSalle was what I was told.  SJU beat Fordham by 46 points, who beat Manhattan by 2 who beat...LaSalle in Philly...

Extrapolate that out and SJU's win today is comparable no....!!!!  LOL!!!  Just joking,

Moose

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »
BTW-Let's take this earlier Providence argument about them being more impressive then SJU.

Well PC beat LaSalle was what I was told.  SJU beat Fordham by 46 points, who beat Manhattan by 2 who beat...LaSalle in Philly...

Extrapolate that out and SJU's win today is comparable no....!!!!  LOL!!!  Just joking,

Cuse only beat Fordham by how many?

Just kidding :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »
Hate to see two of the most insightful posters on the board  (fordham96 and desco80) going at each other. Hope you guys can bury the hatchet

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2013, 09:58:31 PM »
That's what I'm talkin' bout!  Now that's a good ole fashion a$$ whuppin!

Didn't see the game but listened to about half of it on the radio.  The announcers on 1130 were raving about our performance today.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast."

- AP

bk8664

« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »
Fun game... nice to see all the smiles on the team's bench today.

When Sanchez came out of at the end of the game, Sampson was whispering in his year.  You know he was telling Sanchez that this is what he should expect out himself every game, to be that kind of contributor.  If Harrison, Sampson, Sanchez get on the same page, supported by Greene and Pointer and finally some PG play, that can be a pretty good offensive team.

« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2013, 12:26:17 AM »
Finally looked like a real good basketball team today. Maybe Lavin was sandbagging leading up to this game.  :)

RedVet

« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2013, 12:38:32 AM »
Three years ago the loss to Fordham proved to be a turning point in our season. Ironically, today's win over Fordham could prove to have the same effect: After early season struggles, Sanchez and Jordan seem to have found themselves and no doubt gained much- needed confidence. Think they'll both be different players from this point on ... just in time for the Orange.

« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2013, 12:41:17 AM »

How is that possible?

If this isnt hypocritical I dont know what is
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2013, 01:34:28 AM »

How is that possible?

Please refrain from the name calling. You should know better.

Also don't let this carry on between you two. Agree to disagree and move on.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

hnk

« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
Anyone know where to find a replay?  iIwas there and forgot to tape it. I'd love to see it again. 

What a game! What a team performance!  NCAA's here we come.....this is going to be fun and not just this year....

Coach Lavin has things going in the right direction. 

It's so much fun catching a glimpse of the bench enjoying their teammates....they are the best fans in the arena.

Game after game the team is adding new wrinkles and improving.  I love the inside/outside offense. I loved watching Severe get frustrated. The call on Jordan's second foul seemed ridiculous from my vantage point and took away what would have been a real breakout game for him  as he had to sit....that is next.

« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2013, 10:09:40 AM »
Anyone know where to find a replay?  iIwas there and forgot to tape it. I'd love to see it again. 

What a game! What a team performance!  NCAA's here we come.....this is going to be fun and not just this year....

Coach Lavin has things going in the right direction. 

It's so much fun catching a glimpse of the bench enjoying their teammates....they are the best fans in the arena.

Game after game the team is adding new wrinkles and improving.  I love the inside/outside offense. I loved watching Severe get frustrated. The call on Jordan's second foul seemed ridiculous from my vantage point and took away what would have been a real breakout game for him  as he had to sit....that is next.

Unfortunately no replays with fox like espn3. Shame because this was a fun one to watch.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJUFAN

« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2013, 12:14:54 PM »
Three years ago the loss to Fordham proved to be a turning point in our season. Ironically, today's win over Fordham could prove to have the same effect: After early season struggles, Sanchez and Jordan seem to have found themselves and no doubt gained much- needed confidence. Think they'll both be different players from this point on ... just in time for the Orange.

I believe Jordan's game may take a little more time to develop. He needs to refine his skills. In HS, he simply over powered others teams with his physicality. That's not going to happen at this level. He needs to improve on his perimeter game and gain confidence in his dribble penetration.