Couldnt of called this any better

• 49 replies
Couldnt of called this any better
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »
Perhaps if he goes to a place like St. Johns he will be able to bring in one or two good recruiting classes like he was able to do in his first two years in Westwood taking advantage of the cache Jim Harrick rebuilt in Westwood. Yet sooner or later he will get exposed as a complete fraud. We have gone over in details about Lavin not just being the wost head coach in the history of UCLA basketball, but also being nothing short of a sleazebag. We can also go on about how in addition being completely incompetent he was also a classless and lazy SOB.

Here is what Bruins Nation had to say before St John's hired Lavin and they couldn't have predicted this any better.  Read what they wrote and then think to yourself and I mean I couldn't describe the guy any better.  We all got totally duped but it just goes to show how desperate we were for anything positive to happen around here that we all just looked the other way and talked about his positives.  I didn't follow UCLA basketball to know that all the good players had come in his early years and then stopped going to UCLA.  This guy is lower than Jarvis on my totem pole and I thought that was going to be impossible to achieve.

He really needs to go I feel dirty following him and this program he is such a total sleaze ball I cannot even read his quotes anymore taking about how they have made huge strides since the Georgetown game.  He never stops and wont till the media calls him out on this but like we said nobody really gives a s..t around here what St John's does.

His recruiting has totally fallen off since he had to resume his coaching duties. He wants to be a college gm (which doesn't exist) and live the high life. Good ol Stevie had us all fooled and is still piling up the crap every time he opens his mouth.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:44:31 AM by Needs2go »

Re: Couldnt of called this any better
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:50:26 AM »
Lavin, however, said he feels his team has played well of late, despite losses to underwhelming DePaul and Providence, using the word “breakthrough” as well to describe their overall performance in practice and as a team since the lopsided loss at Georgetown on Jan. 4.

“We’ve made progress — dramatic progress — from the Georgetown game and very easily could’ve been 3-0 or 2-1 or 1-2, and we ended up with the worst possible scenario, which is 0-3,” the fourth-year coach said. “I thought we played really well.”

It was a highly optimistic take for a team that was predicted by many — including those inside the program — of reaching the NCAA Tournament and making noise in the league.

He never ever stops too bad we couldn't pick up wins in practice.  This may end up being the best practice team in America before the year is over.  Cant wait for those 5 on 5's in February when this team really hits its stride.   He really plays the Johnnies fan base as being stupid with all this nonsense he keeps putting out.  I like how the NYPost writer kind of says he is full of b.s. at the end because everybody is catching on to ol Stevie boys act.  It looked like he was coaching real hard last night on the sidelines against that powerhouse Dartmouth.  Only if he knew what he was doing.  He is like a con artist and his whole scheme is unraveling right before our eyes.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:52:41 AM by Needs2go »

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 11:15:07 AM »
“We know coach Lav’s teams are best late season,” Sampson said. “February and March, that’s where we make our run.”

So now we know for sure this guy is blowing smoke up the players rear ends as well.  UCLA fans pinned the tail right on the donkey with this guy.  We didn't want to hear it when we hired him but every single thing they said is coming true and they hate this guy with a passion.  You may dislike a coach who doesn't win a lot for your program but ton hate a guy the way this fan base hates him you know we are dealing with a fraud.  I just hope we don't have to deal with it for 7 year like they did.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:28:08 AM »
I take it you won't be breaking bread with  Lavin in SoHo in the near future.

Moose

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 11:41:49 AM »
I take it you won't be breaking bread with  Lavin in SoHo in the near future.

Paultz don't ruin his mojo.  Wanted to see how many straight posts he could reply to himself :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:42 AM »
Hey Moose weren't you the one comparing Lavin to Gary Williams?

This thread is just for you buddy :D

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
This guy has a very "Old Red" vibe going

Moose

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 11:52:44 AM »
Hey Moose weren't you the one comparing Lavin to Gary Williams?

This thread is just for you buddy :D

Uh no I wasn't but carry on!
Remember who broke the Slice news

mkras99

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 11:57:03 AM »
Have.

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »
Have.

Well done! Sybil Syndrome, lol

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »
“We know coach Lav’s teams are best late season,” Sampson said. “February and March, that’s where we make our run.”

So now we know for sure this guy is blowing smoke up the players rear ends as well.  UCLA fans pinned the tail right on the donkey with this guy.  We didn't want to hear it when we hired him but every single thing they said is coming true and they hate this guy with a passion.  You may dislike a coach who doesn't win a lot for your program but ton hate a guy the way this fan base hates him you know we are dealing with a fraud.  I just hope we don't have to deal with it for 7 year like they did.
What do you really think?

lihoop

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 02:09:21 PM »
Lavin is becoming more transparent as time goes on.
One of the best recruiters.  As far as a coach, not so much.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »
I could think of someone else that needs2go besides Lavin.

jr49

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »

Why you gatta be so nasty? Can you express yourself in basketball speak? If you want to deal in some real hatred there are killers and molesters out there. Coming after a basketball coach so hard a little off and not really necessary.   

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »
There is a lot of hate and anger going around for this guy why don't get. Mad/ disappointed/ frustrated so far I understand. Saying this is worse then the Roberts and Jarvis years I do not get...

Jarvis brought NCAA sanctions and a vacated NIT championship whic is embarrassing. Lavin can do worse by getting CBI championship vacated.

Roberts brought only 2 tournament appearance in his 5th and 6th year in the CBI and NIT, which SJU loss in the first round both times.

Lavin has made the NCAA once and if DJ wasn't hurt we may have done some damage and has raised te profile of the school...to call him worse then Jarvis an Roberts is over the top...
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 03:55:54 AM »
For all those saying we may have advanced in the NCAA T if DJ didn't get hurt-we would have lost if we had 5 DJs. Gonzaga's big front line pounded the crap out of us and blew us out. We had pretty good depth with our mid sized guys-would have needed Bill Walton or Lew Alcindor just to have been competitive that night, the whole team came up small.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »
Perhaps if he goes to a place like St. Johns he will be able to bring in one or two good recruiting classes like he was able to do in his first two years in Westwood taking advantage of the cache Jim Harrick rebuilt in Westwood. Yet sooner or later he will get exposed as a complete fraud. We have gone over in details about Lavin not just being the wost head coach in the history of UCLA basketball, but also being nothing short of a sleazebag. We can also go on about how in addition being completely incompetent he was also a classless and lazy SOB.

Here is what Bruins Nation had to say before St John's hired Lavin and they couldn't have predicted this any better.  Read what they wrote and then think to yourself and I mean I couldn't describe the guy any better.  We all got totally duped but it just goes to show how desperate we were for anything positive to happen around here that we all just looked the other way and talked about his positives.  I didn't follow UCLA basketball to know that all the good players had come in his early years and then stopped going to UCLA.  This guy is lower than Jarvis on my totem pole and I thought that was going to be impossible to achieve.

He really needs to go I feel dirty following him and this program he is such a total sleaze ball I cannot even read his quotes anymore taking about how they have made huge strides since the Georgetown game.  He never stops and wont till the media calls him out on this but like we said nobody really gives a s..t around here what St John's does.

His recruiting has totally fallen off since he had to resume his coaching duties. He wants to be a college gm (which doesn't exist) and live the high life. Good ol Stevie had us all fooled and is still piling up the crap every time he opens his mouth.
I was on to Lavin from day one but he always had an undeserved following that made it dangerous to criticize him.  Cat's out of the bag now so there's no need to beat the horse any further.  Sticking to current stuff I really have to take exception to his latest BS story. I sat third row center for Dartmouth and happened to compare Jones' height  to the rest of out so called front court.  The three inches Lavin is dreaming about was nowhere to be seen. I wish he would just tell the truth every now and then but I guess that's too much to ask.   

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 12:10:38 PM »
For all those saying we may have advanced in the NCAA T if DJ didn't get hurt-we would have lost if we had 5 DJs. Gonzaga's big front line pounded the crap out of us and blew us out. We had pretty good depth with our mid sized guys-would have needed Bill Walton or Lew Alcindor just to have been competitive that night, the whole team came up small.

This is a really stupid post.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 12:21:49 PM »
We wouldn't have been playing against Gonzaga 1st round if DJ wasn't hurt

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »
We wouldn't have been playing against Gonzaga 1st round if DJ wasn't hurt

Not to mention we throttled the National Champion Huskies, Duke, 'Nova, and beat Pitt among other quality wins that year with DJ in the lineup. He arguably was our best player, all around that is. Leading rebounder. So saying we had absolutely no shot is just a really dumb thing to say.