Jordan not playing

• 61 replies

Foad

Re: Jordan not playing
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »
Is he going to play vs.  Marquette?

For Fun's theory to be proved correct one of Harrison, Jordan, Obepka or Sampson will not play for one reason or another. If Greene were to sit that would totally blow Fun's theory out of the water.

I thought he was talking about Robbie Benson.

There's already enough evidence to show Lavin's psychological pathologies: similar behavior going all the way back to UCLA. Only the willfully blind ignore 20 years worth of evidence. Did you notice on the CBS broadcast where someone (Szerbiak?) noted that Lavin likes to create situations where his players backs are to the wall so that they are forced to rise to the occasion. That's the charitable version. Marquette seems to me more a situation where he over compensates by over-coaching. Don't be surprised to see him come out in his Jenny McCarthy glasses.

I agree 100% about the over compensating coaching. As far as the evil plan, I enjoy a good conspiracy theory but it does seem a bit of a reach. If however one of the "core four" guys do not play next game for any reason you might change my mind.

Except I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think it's a mental defect. A psychological tic. A defense mechanism. Subconscious. He's not smart enough to conspire successfully.

All time actor / basketball player team
C Warren Coolidge-White Shadow
F Everett Flatch-Hoosiers
G Jimmy Chitwood-Hoosiers
G Henry Steele(Benson)-One on One
G Kyle Watson-Above the Rim
Bench
Rade Butcher-Hoosiers
Merle-Hoosiers
Ben Meechum-The Great Santini. Also nicest golf swing

No Ed Monix? No Jackie Moon? What kind of a list is this.

Damaine Radcliff (Willie Cager in Glory Road) was all NYC in high school.

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2014, 03:39:36 PM »

For Fun's theory to be proved correct one of Harrison, Jordan, Obepka or Sampson will not play for one reason or another. If Greene were to sit that would totally blow Fun's theory out of the water.

There's already enough evidence to show Lavin's psychological pathologies: similar behavior going all the way back to UCLA. Only the willfully blind ignore 20 years worth of evidence. Did you notice on the CBS broadcast where someone (Szerbiak?) noted that Lavin likes to create situations where his players backs are to the wall so that they are forced to rise to the occasion. That's the charitable version. Marquette seems to me more a situation where he over compensates by over-coaching. Don't be surprised to see him come out in his Jenny McCarthy glasses.

I agree 100% about the over compensating coaching. As far as the evil plan, I enjoy a good conspiracy theory but it does seem a bit of a reach. If however one of the "core four" guys do not play next game for any reason you might change my mind.

Except I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think it's a mental defect. A psychological tic. A defense mechanism. Subconscious. He's not smart enough to conspire successfully.

Bench
Rade Butcher-Hoosiers
Merle-Hoosiers

No Ed Monix? No Jackie Moon? What kind of a list is this.

Damaine Radcliff (Willie Cager in Glory Road) was all NYC in high school.

Wouldn't have pegged you for a big Will Ferrell fan
Speaking of Semi pro,forgot Woody Harrelson
Speaking ofWoody, read that Wesley Snipes had the benefit of creative editing and was not a good basketball player
Never saw Glory Road for some reason
Fast Break or Fish that ate Pitt either.

Foad

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
Speaking ofWoody, read that Wesley Snipes had the benefit of creative editing and was not a good basketball player

Ferrell has his moments, although few and far between. Glory Road is definitely worth watching. I cried like a big girl's blouse at the end. It was more moving than Old Yeller and even Taxi Driver. The Fish the Ate Pittsburgh is atrocious, well worth a viewing as well. Features Julius Erving, Meadowlark Lemon, Connie Hawkins, Bob Lanier, Spencer Haywood, Lou Hudson, Norm Nixon and Curtis Rowe, all of whom act better than DiCaprio plays basketball. 

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »
Not saying carmine is right, but he could be.

Stop the presses!  We may have JJ history in the making!

LJSA

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
You guys forgot to include James Scott for his five-second cameo in "Lean on Me." I'm guessing he would have been able to play for us.

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »

Bench
Rade Butcher-Hoosiers
Merle-Hoosiers

The late, great Philip Seymour Hoffman's my favorite.  Forget the movie - but it had Jerry Stiller and Ann Meara's son and the girl from "Friends" in it.

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »

Bench
Rade Butcher-Hoosiers
Merle-Hoosiers

The late, great Philip Seymour Hoffman's my favorite.  Forget the movie - but it had Jerry Stiller and Ann Meara's son and the girl from "Friends" in it.

Along came Polly
PSH great actor but this was a terrible movie.
Jennifer Anniston looked hot in it though

dR3w

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »

Bench
Rade Butcher-Hoosiers
Merle-Hoosiers

Along came Polly

Really?  Loved the movie.  For anybody with OCD, there were great scenes.  Alec Baldwin rubbing his shoulders in the bathroom … "I sharted" … Sweaty guy playing pick-up ball.  It was the little things.

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »

Bench
Rade Butcher-Hoosiers
Merle-Hoosiers

Along came Polly

I could watch that movie a million times and never get sick of PSH. He was great and loved him in everything, but for my money that is his best role.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:39:22 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 04:37:12 AM »

Ferrell has his moments, although few and far between. Glory Road is definitely worth watching. I cried like a big girl's blouse at the end. It was more moving than Old Yeller and even Taxi Driver. The Fish the Ate Pittsburgh is atrocious, well worth a viewing as well. Features Julius Erving, Meadowlark Lemon, Connie Hawkins, Bob Lanier, Spencer Haywood, Lou Hudson, Norm Nixon and Curtis Rowe, all of whom act better than DiCaprio plays basketball.

Coach carter was the best bb movie the past 10 years.  Hands down.

desco80

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »
Kevin Bacon, bum knee and all, displayed some sharp point guard skill in the Air Up There.   I don't know how that has gone overlooked

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 10:59:25 AM »
SUNSET PARK WHAT TIME IS IT!!!!

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 11:02:31 AM »
You guys forgot to include James Scott for his five-second cameo in "Lean on Me." I'm guessing he would have been able to play for us.

THEY USED TO CALL ME CRAZY JOE.  NOW THEY CAN CALL ME BATMAN!!!!

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Kevin Bacon, bum knee and all, displayed some sharp point guard skill in the Air Up There.   I don't know how that has gone overlooked

Def the best basketball movie besides Hoosiers.  The school was St. Joe's too, right?  I thought it was made up at the time, as I was a kid and only knew of St. John's.

desco80

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 12:03:54 PM »

Def the best basketball movie besides Hoosiers.  The school was St. Joe's too, right?  I thought it was made up at the time, as I was a kid and only knew of St. John's.

We must be about the same age, because I thought the same thing.      It's not our fault though, midmajors never made it on tv in those days!   I knew about the Big East teams I saw in person and the national programs that got coverage around tournament time.

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 12:50:29 PM »
Was it Sidney Poitier in Go Man Go?

Poison

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 12:57:28 PM »
We need to change the title of this thread.

boo3

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »

Someone should just start a Lavin conspiracy/diabolical/ evil genius thread instead.  If he lasts another couple of years it may rival the Iona thread for length.

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 01:23:27 PM »

Someone should just start a Lavin conspiracy/diabolical/ evil genius thread instead.  If he lasts another couple of years it may rival the Iona thread for length.
I just heard Deangelo Harrison will be suspended for Marquette game for trying to eat his pudding before he ate his meat.
I think this one is warranted though. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
Looks like Sheed lost another friend:

_____whynot_
Smh r.i.p FAT MIKE GONE MISS YOU BIG HOMIE.....
http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/f287ed64a3c811e3b35c0e258272326a_8.jpg