Jordan not playing

• 61 replies
Jordan not playing
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »
I am pretty sure SJU campus was built on Indian burial ground. That midget lady from Poltergeist still alive? Might need her.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:10:34 AM by we are sju »

Re: Jordan not playing
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:05:50 AM »
What?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »
I am pretty sure SJU campus was built on Indian burial ground. That midget lady from Poltergeist still alive, might need her.

Evidently the coach's decision. “It's clear that Rysheed needs more time before returning to action." He will be doing his grieving on the bench in street clothes. Odd, to say the least. Out of respect for the dead I'll be keeping my theories to myself for the time being.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 10:08:27 AM »
What?

Stayed in Philly, needs more time-according to Lavin in the Post

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »
I am pretty sure SJU campus was built on Indian burial ground. That midget lady from Poltergeist still alive, might need her.

Evidently the coach's decision. “It's clear that Rysheed needs more time before returning to action." He will be doing his grieving on the bench in street clothes. Odd, to say the least. Out of respect for the dead I'll be keeping my theories to myself for the time being.

Thought he was still in Philly?????
That is... um strange?

Foad

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 10:12:01 AM »

That is... um strange?

On Friday Jordan attended his aunt Niaja Kane’s funeral in his hometown of Philadelphia. Red Storm coach Steve Lavin, who also attended, said Jordan called it “the most difficult day” of his life. The two spoke several times Saturday and the school announced in the late afternoon Jordan would not play but will be on the team bench in street clothes for the Johnnies’ 12 p.m. Big East game against DePaul at the Garden.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/grieving-st-john-pg-jordan-sit-depaul-article-1.1707591#ixzz2uoo8qbmx

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »

That is... um strange?

On Friday Jordan attended his aunt Niaja Kane’s funeral in his hometown of Philadelphia. Red Storm coach Steve Lavin, who also attended, said Jordan called it “the most difficult day” of his life. The two spoke several times Saturday and the school announced in the late afternoon Jordan would not play but will be on the team bench in street clothes for the Johnnies’ 12 p.m. Big East game against DePaul at the Garden.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/grieving-st-john-pg-jordan-sit-depaul-article-1.1707591#ixzz2uoo8qbmx

The only problem with your theory is no one would actually call him on it,which would make Lavin an evil genius. Not sure he qualifies. I don't understand the sitting on bench and not playing either, but having never been in that situation I have no idea.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:24:26 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »
 :down:

DFF6

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 11:07:25 AM »
This one could easily fit within Fun's theory about Lavin and his odd penchant of removing key players from the line up at critical points in the season. Nevertheless, I hope Rysheed can find a way to cope with the tragedy. A lot of pressure on that young man's shoulders, and regardless of the motivation, I hope taking some time off the court helps him.

Even without Jordan, we should still crush DePaul. For God's sake, we shouldn't need a freshman to win on senior day!   

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:01 AM »
Just speculation,  but many coaches have no practice no play policies that they pretty strictly enforce regardless of circumstances.  Like not starting if you miss practice the day before a game is very common.  That's why I wasn't surprised the savior didn't start but still played 30 against Xavier.  Wouldn't be surprised if a you "miss two days of practice you don't play at all" policy is in place. 

DFF6

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
Just speculation,  but many coaches have no practice no play policies that they pretty strictly enforce regardless of circumstances.  Like not starting if you miss practice the day before a game is very common.  That's why I wasn't surprised the savior didn't start but still played 30 against Xavier.  Wouldn't be surprised if a you "miss two days of practice you don't play at all" policy is in place. 

So how do you explain Obekpa playing against Nova?

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
Congratulations on reaching a new low fellas
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »
Congratulations on reaching a new low fellas
?

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »
Jordan's "street clothes" look awfully similar to our game warm-ups..... He's dressed to play

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »

Obekpa may have been at practice, just unable to participate in on court activities.  In fact id bet on it.  Not saying carmine is right, but he could be.
"I drink and I know things"

DFF6

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »

Obekpa may have been at practice, just unable to participate in on court activities.  In fact id bet on it.  Not saying carmine is right, but he could be.

So you don't "miss" practice if you show up to practice but can't actually, like, practice?  I guess I understand punishing a kid who simply blows off going to the gym for an offical team practice, but I didn't interpret Carmine's email that way. If Lavin gives you a pass for practice because you're attending a wake for a family member, or you're injured and cannot participate in on court activities seem like the same thing to me, but I really don't know how the rule is enforced, and even if Lavin has such a rule.

Foad

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »

That makes sense, but then why did Branch miss two games? He was probably at practice but couldn't participate due to injury.

This decision was probably best for Jordan.

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »
I think we're reading too much into this.  Here's an 18 year old kid who's gone through a string of tragedies in his life.  If  I had events like this occur when I was his age, I don't think i could have handled it at all.  Let alone play ball!  I believe Jordan sitting was about Lavin caring more about the kid then winning the game, which I support. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:33:34 PM by Jake209986 »

Johnny23

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
Jordan's "street clothes" look awfully similar to our game warm-ups..... He's dressed to play

:2funny: