Depaul Game - Player of the Game

• 41 replies
Re: Depaul Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »
I honestly do not know how anyone voted for anyone other than Obepka?

Thats because very few on here have a clue about the game of basketball. Anyone who would vote for Harrison cannot of possibly watched more then three games in their lifetime.  He was a train wreck in the second half and did his best to give the game away.  Were it not for CO's blocked shots, bailing out Harirsons continuous turnovers, poor ball handling, horrendous forced BAD shots and lack of defense, we lose the game by 10.  Harrison did have a good first half but his horrendous second half outweighs his first half effort.  And what did he shoot in the second half?  I don't give a crap about his points as he took a multitude of shots.

As for the game, no comment.  I said I would be back at the end of the season to post some final thoughts.

25 points 10 rebounds and 4 assists. Yea how could anyone think he was player of the game??

Harrison needs to play well for us to have a chance.
I thought Obepka's D was the difference especially down the stretch.
Nothing against Harrison, Sanchez and Pointer who all played well.

I can understand anyone thinking Obekpa was the player of the game. Would just disagree. My problem was saying that a anyone who chose D'lo has no idea what a basketball is. That's just nice personic.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 10:11:59 PM »

Thats because very few on here have a clue about the game of basketball. Anyone who would vote for Harrison cannot of possibly watched more then three games in their lifetime.  He was a train wreck in the second half and did his best to give the game away.  Were it not for CO's blocked shots, bailing out Harirsons continuous turnovers, poor ball handling, horrendous forced BAD shots and lack of defense, we lose the game by 10.  Harrison did have a good first half but his horrendous second half outweighs his first half effort.  And what did he shoot in the second half?  I don't give a crap about his points as he took a multitude of shots.

As for the game, no comment.  I said I would be back at the end of the season to post some final thoughts.

25 points 10 rebounds and 4 assists. Yea how could anyone think he was player of the game??

I can understand anyone thinking Obekpa was the player of the game. Would just disagree. My problem was saying that a anyone who chose D'lo has no idea what a basketball is. That's just nice personic.

Agree, he played amazing in the first half which could warrant the POG honor. I just couldn't give it to him because his 2nd half was absolutely brutal.

cjfish

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 11:12:21 PM »
great all around game by Sanchez, my pick.  HARRISON HAD A GREAT STAT LINE BUT NEARLY BLEW THE GAME. Stats are not everything.

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 12:04:36 AM »
great all around game by Sanchez, my pick.  HARRISON HAD A GREAT STAT LINE BUT NEARLY BLEW THE GAME. Stats are not everything.
+90000000000000000!

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 12:06:59 AM »
D'lo also played good defense . Team played well. Let up a bit. We won. Fun day.
Let up a bit????? 20 down to 3 with DePaul player driving to basket and plenty of time left due to countless horrendous turnovers against a last place team! What are you smoking?

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 08:45:43 AM »
1st half Dlo
Down the stretch, when it counted Dom.  he had the blocks, played tight D and drained those free throws.
Chris O key blocks and tough bounds.

But it was Dom that stopped the bleeding with his play at the end.

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »

I never said that.
Also I was just trying to pump up Obepka did not mean to disparage Harrison. I thought Obepka was def a game changer, but the 4 guys played well and I am a Harrison fan but I thought the 2nd half was erratic from him.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »

I never said that.
Also I was just trying to pump up Obepka did not mean to disparage Harrison. I thought Obepka was def a game changer, but the 4 guys played well and I am a Harrison fan but I thought the 2nd half was erratic from him.

Bottom line is the POTG is Harrison, but if he is this erratic against any other BE team, we lose. The second half collapse is upsetting. Hope they are focused and ready for Marquette, because you know Buzz's guys will be ready.

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 10:49:02 AM »
Voted for D'lo - second half was not good including missed front end of a 1and1 and the turnovers/out of control play, however he hit all of his free throws at the end and they could not have weathered such a bad last 10 (or so) minutes if not for his great offensive performance up until that point.

Dom also deserves accolades, very solid performance, drove to the basket end to end, hit a 3(!) in rhythm, and the big block.  My player of the game 1b.

Obekpa good too, big blocks as usual and showing some ball handling and a nice dish to sanchez (I just hope he doesn't get too enamored with this until he can do it consistently).

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 11:43:17 AM »

I'm on pins and needles waiting to see how profound the criticisms will be spewing from that fiery pit of a mouth.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:43:47 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »

I never said that.

Sorry didnt mean to insinuate that you did. It was linda who I was referring to

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »
I give it to To Sir.   

3'lo has a very impressive stat line, not the least of which is 10 rebounds from the guard position.  He really as been a great rebounder for us this season.  Six recorded turnovers and several other "shot attempts"...and I'm using using that term loosely...dissuaded me from voting for him.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:00:46 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 07:51:01 PM »

I'm on pins and needles waiting to see how profound the criticisms will be spewing from that fiery pit of a mouth.

If you had a life, you wouldn't be.

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »

No, its called understanding the game which is more then just scoring a multitude of points on a multitude of shots.

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 10:32:14 PM »

No, its called understanding the game which is more then just scoring a multitude of points on a multitude of shots.

I know. 8-17 is absolutely god awful. Ten rebounds doesnt add much to the 'more than scoring' part, neither does 4 assists.

Moose

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2014, 10:42:57 PM »

I know. 8-17 is absolutely god awful. Ten rebounds doesnt add much to the 'more than scoring' part, neither does 4 assists.

If another player put up those numbers they would build a statue outside of Carnesseca.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »

If another player put up those numbers they would build a statue outside of Carnesseca.

Oh really? Nice try Moose but did you forget to mention that he accounted for 6 TURNOVERS or was an abysmal 2-10 or 3 - 9 shooting in the second half (depending on whose stat line you read).  If your going to make an idiotic statement of erecting a statue for someone then tell the whole story will ya? Now you just look silly.

Moose

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »

Oh really? Nice try Moose but did you forget to mention that he accounted for 6 TURNOVERS or was an abysmal 2-10 or 3 - 9 shooting in the second half (depending on whose stat line you read).  If your going to make an idiotic statement of erecting a statue for someone then tell the whole story will ya? Now you just look silly.

I aim to please you
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 10:48:59 PM »

I aim to please you

Look we all know you are a Harrison homer and do what you can to promote the young man.  I for one am amazed at his turn around with his on court demeanor and his self control.  I have given the kid kudos on many occasions this season, but in this particular game, if you look past the stats ( great book by the way, How to Lie With Statistics) and realize that it was largely his second half performance that allowed DePaul to get back in the game, how anyone can give him the player of the game award certainly shows they know little of the game.  Conversely how anyone can not put CO's performance as game SAVING not at the top should start following the sport of  frisbee tossing.

hnk

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 01:45:39 AM »
needs2go