Providence Game 3 -BET

• 340 replies

desco80

Re: Providence Game 3 -BET
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »
There's a difference between being media-friendly and just saying stupid sh*t.    Plenty of coaches are a good interview, Jay W comes to mind, but he doesnt say half the crap Lavin does.   

He's obviously not getting fired, and he'll probably get this extension.  So he's here for awhile (baring a catastrophe) - I just hope he can stop with the BS.   

« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2014, 05:22:37 PM »
feel physically ill after that

paultzman

« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2014, 05:24:33 PM »
How long will we be young?

@DalyDoseOfHoops: Steve Lavin: "We have to hope they look at the body of work of a young team that continues to get better."#sjubb

goredmen

« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »
Dwayne Polee remains the only Lavin recruit to win a BET game

« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »
I may be totally in the minority here but I think going to the NIT and hopefully winning it is a good thing.  This team needs to get better and the possibility of playing 5 more games, in whatever tournament is a positive.  If you look at this team that is 20-12 and  if each player gets just 10% better going into the next year we can have a very successful season.

I am not saying that I am not disappointed losing in the first round of the BE tournamanet, but you move on and play the next one.

Look you cant shoot 50% from the FT line and you cant dig yourself into a 17 point deficet, but give them credit for coming back and having the opportunity to win the game.  Shoot, I've been a fan of this team for over 40 years and every lose  hurts no matter if its the first game or the 32nd.  But I want to see this team take how they played the last 3 minutes and turn it into 5 straight wins. 

« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »
Awful week for Baldi, awful. Gotta love college ball, it's a passion like no other

DFF6

« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
Well, assuming no defections, I think this team will be really good next year.  Some have already said it, but this game really was a microcosm of the entire season.  Very frustrating to see the team play so well for stretches and but also play without a clue in others. 

Now, let's win the NIT.     

goredmen

« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »
For somebody that was rumored to be thinking about leaving after this year, CO could not be happy that he didn't play again after picking up his 3rd foul

boo3

« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2014, 05:30:36 PM »
Playing Obekpa a total of two minutes is an absolute disgrace.  Missing 13 FTs is also. 

Just a wasted opportunity. Again. Same shit, different year. 

PIB

« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
I may be totally in the minority here but I think going to the NIT and hopefully winning it is a good thing.  This team needs to get better and the possibility of playing 5 more games, in whatever tournament is a positive.  If you look at this team that is 20-12 and  if each player gets just 10% better going into the next year we can have a very successful season.

I am not saying that I am not disappointed losing in the first round of the BE tournamanet, but you move on and play the next one.

Look you cant shoot 50% from the FT line and you cant dig yourself into a 17 point deficet, but give them credit for coming back and having the opportunity to win the game.  Shoot, I've been a fan of this team for over 40 years and every lose  hurts no matter if its the first game or the 32nd.  But I want to see this team take how they played the last 3 minutes and turn it into 5 straight wins. 

Why can't you? Why can't you acknowledge that the refs blew more than one crucial foul (and an inbound play) that absolutely DICTATED the final outcome of the game?

We were outplayed the first 35+ minutes of the game, but the zebras weighed in on the final outcome. That's a fact.

desco80

« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2014, 05:32:43 PM »
Awful week for Baldi, awful. Gotta love college ball, it's a passion like no other

So true.   

paultzman

« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Asked if this year would be disappointment if no NCAA berth, Lavin said he wouldn't feel that way, still feels it will be success. #sjubb

goredmen

« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »

Why can't you? Why can't you acknowledge that the refs blew more than one crucial foul (and an inbound play) that absolutely DICTATED the final outcome of the game?

We were outplayed the first 35+ minutes of the game, but the zebras weighed in on the final outcome. That's a fact.

We didn't deserve to win this game, also a fact

boo3

« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
Lavin being overly positive doesn't bother me.  It's who he is.  Just deal with it.  He's never going to be negative.   He's a college coach.   

« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
Playing Obekpa a total of two minutes is an absolute disgrace.  Missing 13 FTs is also. 

Also can't pick up 2 fouls in the first minute of the game.  And your third the first minute of the 2nd half.  If he stays out of foul trouble he'll get his minutes. 

I know he is rumored to be wanting to leaving, but he is not NBA ready and why leave if you are going to be a main option in the front court.  Work hard on your offense in the off season and become a first round pick.

« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »
Lavin being overly positive doesn't bother me.  It's who he is.  Just deal with it.  He's never going to be negative.   He's a college coach.   
But can I get a Calhoun moment where he gets pissed blames himself for loss and says this team needs some toughness!!

desco80

« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »

People on the other board are saying he refused to go back in.
But I can't imagine that at all.  I don't even know if it's worth repeating.

« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2014, 05:57:23 PM »

Wish him luck in the D league

« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2014, 05:58:01 PM »

Doubt that,  he'll get his minutes next game. 

« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »

Doubt that,  he'll get his minutes next game. 

Today's game was the biggest of his career. Next game isn't