Phil Greene

• 84 replies
Re: Phil Greene
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 02:12:28 PM »
JayOn just called Sampson & Hooper exits;

@LAVINWOOD: The man @JayOn_1 is now 2 for 2. Now also suggesting that Phill Greene is thinking about transferring. #sjubb
Now that would be amazing...a guy getting more playing time and free reign than he merits thinking about training...I guess its along the lines of not wanting to be with someone who would have him

Wow set of Onions on Greene. What the hell was he unhappy about? Two best players on team were guards and he still played too much.

His thinking of a transfer only makes sense if Lavin isn't coming back. Should be an interesting few weeks around here.

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »
A good rule of thumb is that if you would not voice the harsh and personal criticisms posted on this board about our players to their face in a one on one meeting, you should not post it here. Your anonymity on this board is not a license to make persoanl attacks. Constructive criticism, positively stated, is fine. But the insults on this board are way over the top. Every player on the team and every coach on the staff has been attacked on this board. They play for our school. We are supposed to be supporters. Instead many posters here more resemble a circus mob in Rome. Frankly, I don't know why any reruit would come here with this pack of wolves nipping at their heels in the guise of fans. It has been a disappointing season. We all know that. But can we at least act in a mannerly, civilized way and remember these are our players you are denigrating and ridiculing. If you are not willing to say what you have to say directly to the player at issue, don't post it. Among other things, it is cowardly to hide behing your screen name.

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 04:08:29 PM »
A good rule of thumb is that if you would not voice the harsh and personal criticisms posted on this board about our players to their face in a one on one meeting, you should not post it here. Your anonymity on this board is not a license to make persoanl attacks. Constructive criticism, positively stated, is fine. But the insults on this board are way over the top. Every player on the team and every coach on the staff has been attacked on this board. They play for our school. We are supposed to be supporters. Instead many posters here more resemble a circus mob in Rome. Frankly, I don't know why any reruit would come here with this pack of wolves nipping at their heels in the guise of fans. It has been a disappointing season. We all know that. But can we at least act in a mannerly, civilized way and remember these are our players you are denigrating and ridiculing. If you are not willing to say what you have to say directly to the player at issue, don't post it. Among other things, it is cowardly to hide behing your screen name.
So your first name is Loughlin and last name is Guy? Dutch?

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »

You are aware that if people didn't hide behind anonymity on the internet and had to actually say something face to face the web would be blank.

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 06:03:47 PM »
The two replies are truly disappointing. Attack my name. Very sophisticated. Intellectual even. And suggest everyone attacks mindlessly  on the web and therefore it's ok. How about rational intelligent civilized discourse. What goes on on this board from so called fans is embarrassing.

kob24

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 06:18:07 PM »
The two replies are truly disappointing. Attack my name. Very sophisticated. Intellectual even. And suggest everyone attacks mindlessly  on the web and therefore it's ok. How about rational intelligent civilized discourse. What goes on on this board from so called fans is embarrassing.
dude u are not gonna win that argument. trust me I went thru it. the thing I learned is that u have to ignore it and hope that someone slips up and u find out who they are and u choke them unconscious

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:38 PM »
dude u are not gonna win that argument. trust me I went thru it. the thing I learned is that u have to ignore it and hope that someone slips up and u find out who they are and u choke them unconscious
There was a Wire episode about that - lmao - funny one kob

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 06:27:52 PM »
Watch out because, even though Baldi got engaged, he still specializes in discourse.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:36:49 PM by bball purist »

DFF6

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »

Participating in fan boards is like going to a baseball game or riding the NYC subways during rush hour.  If you don't want to get hit with foul ball or get shoved on 1 train, don't go to the ball park or take the subway.  Similarly, if you don't want to read critical or even mean spirited comments made fans of a team that has just had a disappointing season, don't visit the fan boards.   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:35:47 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 06:39:28 PM »

Participating in fan boards is like going to a baseball game or riding the NYC subways during rush hour.  If you don't want to get hit with foul ball or get shoved on 1 train, don't go to the ball park or take the subway.  Similarly, if you don't want to read critical or even mean spirited comments made fans of a team that has just had a disappointing season, don't visit the fan boards.
Speaking of riding the NYC subways during rush hour and being shoved, it was worse as I recall taking the subway when woman were on crowded trains getting purposely bumped from behind by shady guys.  Pretty "hard up" individuals ...

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »
No one ever attacks Phil's character, no personnel attacks. So if you think someone is fat and you discuss it with someone else you should also go up to that person and say Gee you're fat. Thanks for the lesson, now I get it, can't wait for the next time the family gets together, probably at Easter. Hope they are all well dressed.

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »

No dopey, you indicated people should not hide behind a screen name and I guess too subtly for you let you know that was funny coming from a guy whose real name is clearly not Loughlin Guy.  The only things I have seen on this board that have gone over any line have been things people have said about Harrison. If Phil Greene would like to fight me because I posted he was a terrible point guard, dribbled in circles and is a lousy defender tell him to get in line behind Eugene Lawrence.
Signed yours truly Joe Smith  ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:53:25 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »

Having met Kob, I guess I am glad I was always a Burrell fan and Kob was not involved in any way with Geno or Greene :)

kob24

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
wasju u have a pass because u and fun always have me laughing

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 09:55:54 PM »
You are right. I can't expect civility on this board because it's like a Met game or the subway, whatever that means. I can't expect people to act any better than the lowest common denominator because that is their base nature.  Wonderful insights.  Some species eat their young. Half the posters on this board want to devour the very players they are supposed to root for and support. Add in the fact that those same people hardly come to games, and complain about scheduling times and prices, and the picture crystalizes. Any recruit who is thinking of coming here and reads this board should think again. Would not want to be in fox hole with these fans.

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 11:01:41 PM »

Speaking of riding the NYC subways during rush hour and being shoved, it was worse as I recall taking the subway when woman were on crowded trains getting purposely bumped from behind by shady guys.  Pretty "hard up" individuals ...

True story. Today my fiancee got stuck on downtown Bogota at rush hour and you pretty much need to get the heck out of there after sunset. You can't get a cab during rush hour and no subways here. We had to take an hour long bus ride uptown in a bus that was so packed you could barely breath and this 6ft 4 gringo who was the only gringo on the bus got stuck standing next to an 80 year old guy who pissed his pants.

The bus was stifling hot and I was so close to throwing up I would have taken the whole bus out since I had a stomach full of empenadas and colombian pizza. Quite the experience
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:02:37 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
wasju u have a pass because u and fun always have me laughing

Not with me he doesn't.  If I ever get my hands on that pencil neck geek I'll pulverize him.

Foad

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
Today my fiancee

Wait, you have a fiancee? Congratulations!!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »

True story. Today my fiancee got stuck on downtown Bogota at rush hour and you pretty much need to get the heck out of there after sunset. You can't get a cab during rush hour and no subways here. We had to take an hour long bus ride uptown in a bus that was so packed you could barely breath and this 6ft 4 gringo who was the only gringo on the bus got stuck standing next to an 80 year old guy who pissed his pants.

The bus was stifling hot and I was so close to throwing up I would have taken the whole bus out since I had a stomach full of empenadas and colombian pizza. Quite the experience
Great story.  Good thing the 80 year old wasn't groping you or your fiancee! 

desco80

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
You are right. I can't expect civility on this board because it's like a Met game or the subway, whatever that means. I can't expect people to act any better than the lowest common denominator because that is their base nature.  Wonderful insights.  Some species eat their young. Half the posters on this board want to devour the very players they are supposed to root for and support. Add in the fact that those same people hardly come to games, and complain about scheduling times and prices, and the picture crystalizes. Any recruit who is thinking of coming here and reads this board should think again. Would not want to be in fox hole with these fans.

By and large, posters don't "bash" the players.   They criticize the coach for playing less talented options 30+mpg.   There's a difference.

Also, not for nothing, but this isn't a booster club.   It's an anonymous message board on the internet.  If you're looking for every to be in lockstep, you're barking up the wrong tree.   And finally, I take issue with your critique that posters here bitch and whine about the team and ticket prices.   Posters here are the fan base.  They bring their wives, children, and friends to games.  We're the ones who wear the St Johns hats and sweatshirts and actually stand up and cheer at games.