Are You Ready to Move on?

• 86 replies

TONYD3

Re: Are You Ready to Move on?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »
obekpa played only a few minutes in the big east tourny because he is not a good defender. He can block shots but can he bench  press 100 pounds. Against strong post players he gets killed.

desco80

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »
Anyone want to bet that Obepka is  transfering? I will wager that does not happen. Takers?

I'm happy to take your money, but it pains me that CO is leaving and the program is falling apart.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:34:46 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »
Anyone want to bet that Obepka is  transfering? I will wager that does not happen. Takers?

I'm happy to take your money, but it pains me that CO is leaving and the program is falling apart.

Witness! How much cash we talking here????

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2014, 12:58:14 PM »
You tell me how much?

Foad

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2014, 01:12:14 PM »
You tell me how much?

Save your money;

@JayOn_1: Breaking news coming soon and it's not good #sjubb

OJeezus

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2014, 03:30:42 PM »
I dont feel comfortable calling for a mans job, but i'm finally off the Lavin bandwagon and think we need a new coach

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »
I dont feel comfortable calling for a mans job, but i'm finally off the Lavin bandwagon and think we need a new coach

I myself, a long time jonnie fan, former student and athlete have seen enough of this mess at this given point and time.  IMO, Lavin knew the types of kids he was bringing in, good and bad and if he chose to turn a blind eye, to win at all costs then he needs to be held accountable with his teams actions on and off the court.  The suspensions with his kids and team moral is an embarrassment to him as a professional and university. 

Enough is enough, so a tourney birth, however it has to come this year, even with a depleted roster, which falls solely on him as a coach, or good bye.

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »

Loughlin, you would have lost.

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »
Getting back to the title of this tread-if 3 months ago counts as ready-than YES!

bk8664

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2014, 08:29:46 PM »
Can we re-do this poll?

goredmen

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2014, 09:00:56 PM »
Keeping Lavin on board for this upcoming season would be absolutely devastating to this program. He'd be a lame duck coach because the team will stink, he knows he wouldn't survive and would give up on recruiting leaving the program in complete disarray. A coaching change has to be made right away so the new guy can get working on the 15 class.

If Lavin is still the captain of this Titanic in November the program will be set back at least 3-4 years

DFF6

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 09:05:07 PM »
Keeping Lavin on board for this upcoming season would be absolutely devastating to this program. He'd be a lame duck coach because the team will stink, he knows he wouldn't survive and would give up on recruiting leaving the program in complete disarray. A coaching change has to be made right away so the new guy can get working on the 15 class.

If Lavin is still the captain of this Titanic in November the program will be set back at least 3-4 years

Fun already said it, but I think Lavin is already working on the exit story to save face.  Whether it's because he told the team he might not be back for personal reasons or whatever, he's sure to have an excuse for the mass exodus taking place.   Not saying many will buy it, but he will assuredly try to sell it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:05:35 PM by DFF6 »

desco80

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
How long do you think it'll be before one of the guys at the Daily News or Post writes a column "What's going on at St Johns?"
I say by Tuesday of next week we see that headline or something close to it.   

goredmen

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2014, 09:09:21 PM »

Fun already said it, but I think Lavin is already working on the exit story to save face.  Whether it's because he told the team he might not be back for personal reasons or whatever, he's sure to have an excuse for the mass exodus taking place.   Not saying many will buy it, but he will assuredly try to sell it.

Yup, I wouldn't surprised at all if he claims some medical issue will force him to step away from coaching like Urban Meyer did after Tebow graduated and he knew his Florida teams wouldn't be able to compete with the Alabama's and LSU's of the SEC anymore

MCNPA

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2014, 09:10:58 PM »
How long do you think it'll be before one of the guys at the Daily News or Post writes a column "What's going on at St Johns?"

Over/under tomorrow?

desco80

« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »

Over/under tomorrow?

You know somebody is gonna write it.   Zach, Rubin, Howie .. one of them.     Then that starts to put a little more pressure on coach, because the average fan and donor will start asking questions.   

DFF6

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »

Over/under tomorrow?

You know somebody is gonna write it.   Zach, Rubin, Howie .. one of them.     Then that starts to put a little more pressure on coach, because the average fan and donor will start asking questions.   

Paultz has already posted tweets from some of the talking heads placing the blame at Lavin's feet.  I'd take the under.

goredmen

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »

Over/under tomorrow?

Braziller left for the final 4 today I think so he probably won't write one until after that's over. Not sure if another paper will tell a writer to write about that with the final 4, first week of the MLB season, Knicks trying to gain a playoff spot all going on, but I could be wrong as I usually am

paultzman

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »

Over/under tomorrow?

Paultz has already posted tweets from some of the talking heads placing the blame at Lavin's feet.  I'd take the under.

Zach in Dallas for Final Four. Next week would be my guess.

lihoop

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »
we just turned into DePaul overnight