Current Roster

• 27 replies
Current Roster
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:25:38 PM »
I am having a hard time of keeping track of everything that is going on with this team. Is this our current roster?

PG (2) - Jordan, Branch
SG (3) - Harrison, Greene, Balamou
SF (1) - Pointer
PF (1) - Jones
C (0)
Recruits (0)
Incapable/Overmatched Coach (1) - Lavin

Can't wait for next season.

Re: Current Roster
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »
Its becoming laughable at this point. Teams go centuries without dealing with rosters like this. If lavin doesnt make something happen quick we'll have one twice in 4 years. What a waste of an awesome back court.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:35:34 PM »
Did Felix ever return from his family issue back home?   I'm not implying anything, I just wasn't looking for him on the bench in our final games.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »
Did Felix ever return from his family issue back home?   I'm not implying anything, I just wasn't looking for him on the bench in our final games.

Was there I believe. No suitcase.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
Not that it will help much, but I would guess Lipscomb will be on scholarship next year.

Can't recall a walk-on ever red-shirting before.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:46:12 PM »
Not that it will help much, but I would guess Lipscomb will be on scholarship next year.

The kid can play.  I know our board loves to rip the kids that should not be touched, but layoff the walkons.  Redshirting the kid was a great move whether you like or hate Lavin.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

The kid can play.  I know our board loves to rip the kids that should not be touched, but layoff the walkons.  Redshirting the kid was a great move whether you like or hate Lavin.

If this is what we are counting on........

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 02:52:11 PM »

How is it his fault? He pays his own way to this point...he works hard, he is not a typical walkon, and his father is has a couple of top 75 kids. 

We are the only school in the countyr that rips walkons and 12th and 13th kids. Ndiaye works his ass off in practice when the rest of those divas run around like princesses and he becomes a running joke on this site.  Pisses me off. Lavin started him...what is he supposed to do, say no?

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 02:52:29 PM »

Wasn't really ripping him. I don't think he can play PF or C, which as you know are the major holes we need to fill.

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 02:56:37 PM »

How is it his fault? He pays his own way to this point...he works hard, he is not a typical walkon, and his father is has a couple of top 75 kids. 

We are the only school in the countyr that rips walkons and 12th and 13th kids. Ndiaye works his ass off in practice when the rest of those divas run around like princesses and he becomes a running joke on this site.  Pisses me off. Lavin started him...what is he supposed to do, say no?

Appreciate your respect for walk ons Marillac, but a friend on Georgia  hoops scene tells me we have zero chance for those top 75 kids you mentioned. Can't fault Lavin for trying, but I would not count on this coming to fruition.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »

Who said anything was Rudy's fault? My point is any kid who was a walkon at some point is not going to have any kind of positive impact on next season. Good for him and his family  but if this is what we are resorting to talking about the program is in a lot of trouble.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 03:10:15 PM »
I am having a hard time of keeping track of everything that is going on with this team. Is this our current roster?

PG (2) - Jordan, Branch
SG (3) - Harrison, Greene, Balamou
SF (1) - Pointer
PF (1) - Jones
C (0)
Recruits (0)
Incapable/Overmatched Coach (1) - Lavin

Can't wait for next season.

I like this roster, it looks like Villanova's. We can go 4 guards or even smaller and use 5 guards, like Hickory. That would create huge match-up problems. Well, huge might be the wrong word, the opposite really, tiny. We out small them, see? Then we run run run, 40 minutes - or 40 my-nutes, hahaha - of hell and shoot tons of threes. I bet you're thanking god Phil Greene is still here right about now aren't you haterz.  On D we play the 1-3-1 match up box and two with Nydiaye on the back line, he's been tearing it up in practice, or maybe Lavin pulls another talented walk on out of his ass, there's lots of room in there now that his prostate's gone, who knows what he's hiding up there. Only issue I see is maybe someone gets the croup or whooping cough and you can't blame Lavin for that, he's not a doctor.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 03:16:27 PM »

My point is any kid who was a walkon at some point is not going to have any kind of positive impact on next season. 

There were more than a few kids this year who went from walkons to major contributors.  I'm not saying that will be him, although I do think he is substantially better than our typical walkons. 
I'm not singling you or anyone out, but walkons should be off limits. 

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
The team is clearly in turmoil. Inexplicable really. Unthinkable to find ourselves in this position.  There are very few scenarios in which Lavin can survive this. And we as a program may not survive either. Fan support not good. We lose money every time we play at the Garden . The school is in difficult financial straits. We are at a crossroads. Just terrible.

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »

My point is any kid who was a walkon at some point is not going to have any kind of positive impact on next season. 

There were more than a few kids this year who went from walkons to major contributors.  I'm not saying that will be him, although I do think he is substantially better than our typical walkons. 

Unless one finds his way onto the starting lineup before a big game or in the NIT which is a pipe dream for us anyway why would one ever be brought up? No one ripped the walkons but rather Lavin for playing them for no discernable reason. Well at least there will be a reason to play them next season

Foad

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »
The team is clearly in turmoil. Inexplicable really. Unthinkable to find ourselves in this position.  There are very few scenarios in which Lavin can survive this. And we as a program may not survive either. Fan support not good. We lose money every time we play at the Garden . The school is in difficult financial straits. We are at a crossroads. Just terrible.

I don't find it inexplicable or unthinkable: people such as my nostradamus-like self have been questioning Lavin's fitness since last spring. You just didn't notice because you were too busy explaining why the doubters were panic stricken and irrational. If you're feeling poorly have a stiff KoolAid and a lie down, this'll pass. 

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 03:29:37 PM »

Unless one finds his way onto the starting lineup before a big game or in the NIT which is a pipe dream for us anyway why would one ever be brought up? No one ripped the walkons but rather Lavin for playing them for no discernable reason. Well at least there will be a reason to play them next season

The walkon redshirt is a weekly joke on these boards.  It was good move....looks better by the minute.  He doesn't have to play a minute in an actual game for that to hold true. 

mkras99

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
Jay ‏@JayOn_1  3m
2 more players could leave the program also as a result of CO leaving
Expand

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »
Jay ‏@JayOn_1  3m
Expand

Exodus, all right! Movement of Jah people!
Oh, yeah! O-oo, yeah! All right!
Exodus: Movement of Jah people! Oh, yeah!

Yeah-yeah-yeah, well!
Uh! Open your eyes and look within:
Are you satisfied (with the life you're living)? Uh!
We know where we're going, uh!
We know where we're from.

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 04:57:08 PM »
Jay ‏@JayOn_1  3m
Expand

He mentioned the other two are Greene and Rysheed.

If that happens I can't see how the man can keep his job.

That's like being a manager and having half of your staff leave while your on vacation. You aint coming back to a job.