Franklin Pierce -Game Discussion

• 109 replies
Re: Franklin Pierce -Game Discussion
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
The great...You'd have to go back a long way to find a better performance than Harrison's last night.  I hope the Knicks are watching.

The good.  Green IV is an outstanding...dominating...player when he doesn't shoot the three.  He only took one last night (which, of course, missed).  Branch also only took one.  The only players who should be taking that shot are Harrison and  Jordan.  Period.

The bad...I couldn't believe how Franklin Pierce was running their offense in the first half.  I was thinking, "We're looking at our new head coach".  I didn't think they could sustain it, and they didn't.

The ugly.  Tarik Turner is lucky he's a big St. John's contributor, otherwise he'd have to pay for his seat to the game.  He has his idea of what to say before the game.  No matter what happens, he sticks to his game plan.  He kept blaming Franklin Pierce's three point onslaught on Obekpa being in foul trouble.  I thought Obekpa played under the basket.  How would that affect FP's three point shooting?  There was zero dropoff when Christian Jones was in the game.  Eight points, four rebounds and one blocked shot in eleven minutes is pretty strong.  Tarik has come a long way since he started doing the games...now he has to learn to think on his feet. 

Newsman, was that the first game you've seen Phil Greene play? Dominating? wow that's insane. Telling a guy who shot 40% on 75 3 pointers his junior year to never take one again is just as insane. Phil is a spot up shooter, a pretty good one, but he has never been able to get by defenders consistently and on the rare occasion he has been able to do so, his 'dishes' are few and far between.

Phil Greene is a decent shooter when left wide open, on left side, and he doesn't have to put the ball on the floor. Outside of that he shoots at a very low percentage and he is best when attacking the basket in transition.

He'd be really good as a change of pace guard off the bench to ball out for 5 minute stints.

Yea, thats a spot up shooter. Dont think the side matters though.

Here's the bottom line...Green was 0-2 from three against Humboldt State...0-4 against NJIT...0-1 against Pierce.  If the three point shot remains in his repetoire, we'll be playing in the NIT this season.  Pullleeeeze. 

So he goes 4-5 against powerful STAC's matador D...making this senior 4-12 overall this season against the weakest opponents we'll face.  That STAC stat is fool's gold.  I'm sure he has another 4-6 game in him.  That would put him over 40 percent...a useless stat in this case if ever I saw one.

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2014, 10:57:16 AM »
Here is Phil Greene's shot chart from last year. Outside of right corner three and layups he is generally below average everywhere else.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:45:12 PM by Moose »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

desco80

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »
How can you shoot 78% from one corner, and 25% or below from straight-away and the other corner?   
I can understand a slight difference, but that's absurd.

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »
How can you shoot 78% from one corner, and 25% or below from straight-away and the other corner?   

Might be one eye dominant. Not uncommon. D-Lo shoots for crazy percentages on left side vs right.

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2014, 11:11:06 AM »
Here is Phil Greene's shot chart from last year. Outside of right corner three and layups he is generally below average everywhere else.

This is great.  I hope someone shows it to Phil and he plays accordingly.

desco80

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2014, 11:16:37 AM »

Might be one eye dominant. Not uncommon. D-Lo shoots for crazy percentages on left side vs right.

I get the whole "shooting-eye" thing, I've heard of that before.   But this just seems off the charts.    22%-25%-78%   

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2014, 01:43:52 PM »

what happened to left side ? ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »

How does one pull up the attachment?  I see the icon next to the post but when I click that it just drops down some emoticons.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »

He shoots better. 38 vs 28

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2014, 01:50:42 PM »

He shoots better. 38 vs 28

where do you see 38 on that shot chart?

I see 78 from the right and 22 from the left
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.