Harrison

• 41 replies
Re: Harrison
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 10:13:23 AM »
Something is clearly wrong.  Injury or in the head now.  He is clearly not right.

Agreed. Lacking the passion that everyone originally hated him for. Plus he is def hurt

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
I think it's the realization that the last four years and what was sold to him and the other incoming freshmen 4 years ago was a crock of shit and truly a disappointment. I mean this kid has had a tremendous individual career here and I hope he got something out of it academically, but when you come here with 6 other talented kids you expect to play in multiple tournaments and to receive coaching that expands and improves your abilities and that's not the case here. The realization that he and these seniors will never play in the tournament I'm sure is weighing on him hard. Also the fact that really he hasn't improved his skill set that much from the day he got here. He had more experience now but the skills are what they are when he arrived. Lucas taught him more than anyone on this staff. It's a real shame

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 11:38:00 AM »
Great post

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 11:43:58 AM »
Something is clearly wrong.  Injury or in the head now.  He is clearly not right.

Agreed. Lacking the passion that everyone originally hated him for. Plus he is def hurt

I don't think he is lacking passion at all.  Every team's game plan against us it to stop Harrison.  It's up to Lavin to design a scheme to get the team's best offensive player consistent touches.  Rysheed trying to beat his man off the dribble and chucking contested shots all game while DLo is being draped by the opposing team's best perimeter defender must be frustrating.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »

I don't think he is lacking passion at all.  Every team's game plan against us it to stop Harrison.  It's up to Lavin to design a scheme to get the team's best offensive player consistent touches.  Rysheed trying to beat his man off the dribble and chucking contested shots all game while DLo is being draped by the opposing team's best perimeter defender must be frustrating.

He has dealt with that the last 3 years. In addition to being hurt, I agree with Moose, he seems off to me.....Frustration, sadness, something seems different. Just my opinion

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »
Last night it looked like Harrison was fed up with everything going on in the game. Between Obekpa and his elbow, Jordan and Pointer not passing the ball, and overall suckness...looked like he was aiming out of the game. I never seen a player run to the bench so fast after fouling out

He runs over to the bench every time he has fouled out this year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 01:59:05 PM »

He has dealt with that the last 3 years. In addition to being hurt, I agree with Moose, he seems off to me.....Frustration, sadness, something seems different. Just my opinion

Yea I said it on the other board. I dont think ive seen him yell since the seton hall loss. This team gets it fire from Harrison's emotion.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

goredmen

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
He's also been retweeting all positive things posted about him individually, even after losses. He's smart enough to realize that this season isn't going anywhere and he's just looking out for number 1 now

boo3

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »
He's also been retweeting all positive things posted about him individually, even after losses. He's smart enough to realize that this season isn't going anywhere and he's just looking out for number 1 now

I don't think that is fair or accurate... He's a kid who has accomplished some terrific individual achievements.  He's allowed to feel proud about that and retweet away.

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »
I admire Harrison, his passion, his game, his character. He has matured and deserves our respect. He has given it his all, and is a team player.

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »

I don't think that is fair or accurate... He's a kid who has accomplished some terrific individual achievements.  He's allowed to feel proud about that and retweet away.

He ran to the bench because he's grown as a person and understood that yelling at the referee or throwing the referee to the ground would not help the team.  He's clearly been hampered by injuries, but I don't think he no longer cares.  As for the tweets, he also rewteets stuff like this: 

Dan the Man @AlmostAsSpecial  ·  Jan 25

@jjmc112002 @DangeloHarrison @StJohnsBBall He just didn't have it today. Frustration fouls, poor shot selection killed us down the stretch.

Damn @DangeloHarrison were you even at the game??? #nonfactor #frustrationfouls

Dan the Man @AlmostAsSpecial  ·  Jan 25

@DangeloHarrison lost it for @StJohnsBBall . He should've been pulled out of this game in the 2nd quarter. Congrats to Coach K. #CoachK1K

boo3

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
Is that "Dan" from the Jungle? 

goredmen

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »

Fair. Just pointing it out

jr49

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 03:21:58 PM »

And on a night that saw him reach a wonderful milestone, his selfish teammate with the sicko smile thinks it's all about him, hurts opposing player and gets himself thrown out. Dlo deserved to play in a competitive game last night. The guys on this board are ripping, think how he must feel. I don't know if it's remembered but in year 2 coach Lavin went on record saying St. Johns would never again be so short of players. Well it's year 5 and he brought in walkons and low D1 players to fill out the roster. Now for the kids sake I'm pulling for them to keep things from falling apart. It's the staffs responsibility to keep a player who's looking to hurt people off the court.   

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:28 PM »

And on a night that saw him reach a wonderful milestone, his selfish teammate with the sicko smile thinks it's all about him, hurts opposing player and gets himself thrown out. Dlo deserved to play in a competitive game last night. The guys on this board are ripping, think how he must feel. I don't know if it's remembered but in year 2 coach Lavin went on record saying St. Johns would never again be so short of players. Well it's year 5 and he brought in walkons and low D1 players to fill out the roster. Now for the kids sake I'm pulling for them to keep things from falling apart. It's the staffs responsibility to keep a player who's looking to hurt people off the court.   

Who is ripping on him?

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 04:20:08 PM »
Dlo is one of the two or three reasons (being a sucker for agony aside) that I will still watch every game the rest of the way and attend as many as possible.  He is definitely hurt, and I think he is trying to keep his emotions in check.  I hope he finishes strong.

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 07:56:23 PM »
Harrison is the only player on the team that I feel wants to win just as much as the fans. Rare in an athlete.

jr49

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 11:34:49 PM »

Who is ripping on him?
Marco, did not say board is ripping DH, both the player and the guys on the this board are ripping as in mad about what's going on with the team.

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2015, 11:18:45 PM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 11:40:59 PM »

The results after I just voted, can't believe Barlow, Butler fans must be going big time, we need to show the love!!!!!