Congrats Coach Lavin!!!!! Now let's get to Work

• 21 replies

hnk

Congrats Coach Lavin!!!!! Now let's get to Work
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »
Diallo is job number one.  Let's get this done.

Re: Congrats Coach Lavin!!!!! Now let's get to Work
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
Let's Roll!!!!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:22:58 PM by bball purist »

Poison

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »
We have Brandon Sampson. What's left to do?

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
We have Brandon Sampson. What's left to do?
Schmedium has his doubts too:

Lavin is a nice guy but he could have all 5 stars and not win a tourney game or real offense. #sjubb Can he even recruit anymore?
— Exiled Redman (@brandersen631) March 25, 2015 ">

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 07:30:42 PM »

Johnny23

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »
The con artist gets an extension. Now in a few years when the program is in shambles he can walk away with enough money to never work again. Well played.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »
Hopefully there's still a Hurley on the market in 2 years.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:59 PM »
I parlayed my last 5 wrong Baldi predictions into a Lavin is coming back Vegas bet. Got 45-1 odds after the ncaa game

This could be my retirement payday

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
I don't get why some people have the hurley brothers as the holy grail of coaching, a few years ago bobby was out of hoops completely now after being an asst for his brother for a few years and a year at buffalo he's automatically a no brainer. Let him go to a Dayton type program and win a few ncaa games then we can talk.

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Lavin, St. John’s Have Had End-of-Year Talks, No Extension Discussed Yet http://t.co/l04ej39eNL

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 07:50:23 PM »
I don't get why some people have the hurley brothers as the holy grail of coaching, a few years ago bobby was out of hoops completely now after being an asst for his brother for a few years and a year at buffalo he's automatically a no brainer. Let him go to a Dayton type program and win a few ncaa games then we can talk.
I really think coaching hires, much like other elements of society, are in hyper drive because of the 24/7 media.  Patience is not a virtue.  If something doesn't work perfectly, the pressure to win creates more desperation for money hungry schools.  Competition for coaches is usually fierce, and schools feel like they need to jump quick at name candidates or lose them.

Much like our votes for US President, once the election is ocver, I will support whoever is in office. Coach Lavin has my support, and I will be following the entire way.  I want to see the recruiting paradigm be altered a bit, but either way I want better due diligence.

goredmen

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »

If a Dayton coach goes to multiple tourneys and wins multiple tourney games that guy will set his sights higher than SJU. See: Miller, Archie

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 07:54:56 PM »
Hopefully there's still a Hurley on the market in 2 years.

There won't be

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
The con artist gets an extension. Now in a few years when the program is in shambles he can walk away with enough money to never work again. Well played.

;D

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »
Has anything been finalized? Why are we congratulating Lavin?
Cougar O' Malley

Dan

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 08:09:49 PM »
diallo doesn't commit, jordan doesn't come back, snake oil salesman keeps slinging his excuses

boo3

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:59 PM »
Nothing is done until it's signed on dotted line...   But signs points towards more Lavin-Speak..    I think by now most us should be able to take his hyperbole for what it is... not get so bent out of shape by it..

" Not a great tournament coach"  =    covering for my seniors, kids.       stuff like that..

If it drives you that crazy, you can stop rooting, move on.. Root for Buffalo?   Iona?   Whatever floats your boat.. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:19:25 PM by boo3 »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Nothing is done until it's signed on dotted line...   But signs points towards more Lavin-Speak..    I think by now most us should be able to take his hyperbole for what it is... not get so bent out of shape by it..

" Not a great tournament coach"  =    covering for my seniors, kids.       stuff like that..

If it drives you that crazy, you can stop rooting, move on.. Root for Buffalo?   Iona?   Whatever floats your boat.. 

Thank, I  wasn't sure if I missed anything official.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 10:38:18 PM »

Needs to get some momentum going in this '15 class.  Outside of Sampson, not looking great so far.

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 11:08:56 PM »
I don't get why some people have the hurley brothers as the holy grail of coaching, a few years ago bobby was out of hoops completely now after being an asst for his brother for a few years and a year at buffalo he's automatically a no brainer. Let him go to a Dayton type progrham and win a few ncaa games then we can talk.

Their last names don't start with L and end with an N and have an AVI in the middle.

For some that is enough.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:09:51 PM by fordham96 »