Lamont Jones - PG - American Christian School - Aston, PA - IONA

• 560 replies
Marillac should know by now we like to bust his chops about his better than Bilas analysis of youtube clips. It's his thing, I'd be upset if he didn't do it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

My guess is Jones to SJU, sit out a year. Harrow to Louisville

Guess again. :)

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/17/harrow-to-decide-by-end-of-may/#more-52541

St. John’s could also be a potential landing spot for former Arizona point guard Lamont “Momo” Jones of Harlem, who obtained his release Monday and said he hoped to transfer closer to home to be near his grandmother.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

Was Dunlap at AZ when MoMo was being recruited?
Remember who broke the Slice news

kjd01067

Dunlap was at Arizona for the '08-'09 season and MoMo was originally in the '09recruiting class so I would think yes but I could be wrong.

Harrow to SJU, Jones to Seton Hall, Jevon Thomas to go get qualitized?

Why are you so dead set that Jevon is getting recruited over.. and forgive my ignorance.. but what does qualitize mean?

Why are you so dead set that Jevon is getting recruited over.. and forgive my ignorance.. but what does qualitize mean?

"We like to say we qualitize every kid who comes through here."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2011/04/23/2011-04-23_growing_hoops_program_in_north_carolina_raising_ncaa_eyebrows_over_schools_quali.html

mkras99

Oh no, the LJSA mush is in - now we won't get either kid :)

Dunlap was at Arizona for the '08-'09 season and MoMo was originally in the '09recruiting class so I would think yes but I could be wrong.

I don't think Dunlap had anything to do with Momo going to Zona.  It was the new staff and Book Richardson specifically that got him aboard.

Remember what happened.  He, Derrick Williams and Solomon Hill were all set to go to USC and play for Tim Floyd.  Jones and Williams actually signed NLI's.  But then the NCAA thing hit the fan and Floyd was canned. 

USC AD Mike Garrett did them both a huge favor.  Not only did he release both of them to a rival PAC 10 school (unbelievable in itself) he helped get the waiver allowing them to not be penalized under PAC 10 intra-conference transfer rules which would have forced them to sit a year and lose a year of eligibility.  Keep in mind the Big East is even tougher.  The BE simply does not allow at all a player who signs a valid NLI with one member school to then go to another member school.

Hill, who had originally verbaled to Arizona when Olson was there then switched to USC after Olson retired, switched back to Zona along with Jones and Williams.

Moose

I don't think Dunlap had anything to do with Momo going to Zona.  It was the new staff and Book Richardson specifically that got him aboard.

Not insinuating he had something to do with it but there could be familiarity if he was asst during the recruitment.

I understand but I don't even think Zona was recruiting him when Dunlap was there (considering that everyone knew that Zona was going to hire someone not on the current staff during that year).

Jones just fell in their lap after the whole USC/Floyd thing blew up and Book saw an opportunity to get a kid he was familiar with.

kjd01067

Not insinuating he had something to do with it but there could be familiarity if he was asst during the recruitment.

Yea that's what I was trying to say.  I don't know if Dunlap does much recruiting or had anything to do with the recruitment of MoMo but he was on staff at that point

pretty interesting tweet from Jevon Thomas 17 minutes ago..  "  if they recruit another guard im out!!! "

Wow

This might be the first i have heard any Lavin recruit semi unhappy.  I hope he is kidding because Jevon is the real deal.  Forget the rankings . He will be really really good.

Do you have a link...I searched for Jevon right after you posted this but didn't see anything.  Did he take it down?  I am twitter challenged so help me out.
Jevon's tweets are protected and you must request to become a twitter "friend." Go to twitter and search his name. 

I wish I could tell all this info like you from watching a 2 min highlight tape on youtube. Personally I can't gauge all of this by watching a guy's best plays. I can see some of the guy's capabilities and potential but if I put all my stock into highlights then Dele Coker was the next Dikembe Mutumbo.

I guess you haven't figured him out by now.

Nevertheless, I hope Thomas was joking about leaving if the Johnnies pick up another guard.  I doubt the Johnnies take both Jones and Harrow.  I believe only one of 'em will be with the team.  Not to mention, these kids have to be careful what they say on social sites.

Finally, I'd hope Thomas wouldn't stray away from a lil' competition. 

Figured him out?  MJ, this is a fansite.  I give my opinion and so do you.  I don't put any weight in what say and you are free to do the same with my posts.  Why do you have to keep this up?  These sites are here so fans can speculate, share opinions, gossip, etc.  We don't deal with facts.  Get over it.  If you don't like my posts, don't read them.  It's really quite an easy fix. 

I know what fan sites are all about and what goes on on 'em.  I also do not have an issue with you nor with what you say.  OTOH, I also call it like I see it and we'll leave it at that.
Mj and Marillac, I thought we left all of that "stuff" on redmen.com.  You 2 are some of the better posters from there - always entertaining!

LJSA

Ouch. But I'm willing to put my non-reputation as an insider on the line. :)

So what is your guess?

Marillac

So what is your guess?

I'd be shocked  if we didn't get Harrow and Momo doesn't end up at Seton Hall.  We don't really need Momo with D'Angelo Harrison, Nuri, and Phil Greene (especially if we get Harrow).  No need to jeopardize losing Jevon Thomas.  Plus, Momo would leave the year before this current class makes its biggest push as seniors.  I think Harrison will be better by the time Momo is cleared to play and his shooting ability is a must for this team...Momo can't shoot well.

Thomas, Gathers, and Anderson could for the second generation Lavin core.

SJU79

The staff prefers Harrow.

Moose

The staff prefers Harrow.

I'd love to know what the staff is thinking based on whether or not MoMo can play immediately.  I honestly would only want MoMo if he can play this year.  If he has to sit out I'd rather take Harrow.  Is that playing into the staff's preferences?