Rysheed Jordan going pro

• 114 replies

desco80

Re: Rysheed Jordan going pro
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »
Sheed had a ton of experience in the 2 years traveling between SJU and Philly--maybe he is best suited for a job with Amtrak
This is the latest rumor on here. Doesn't mean its true. I am not saying he never missed a practice or even a game. But I don't believe that he was rarely here like some say.

The latest rumor?     Tony you've been on the board for long enough to know this isn't news.    Come on

TONYD3

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
I believe he skipped classes and didn't do much if any school work. I assume the players have to lift or do some kind of conditioning every morning . I also assume their are practices every day. Plus some kind of film work. I assume Harrison and the other guys attendance was near 100 percent . On game day the players stay at a hotel and are together for much of the time before the game, walk throughs . It is obvious he missed certain team events . But I don't believe he was missing as much as some are saying. No way the other players would stand for that.

Chilleb

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »
I believe he skipped classes and didn't do much if any school work. I assume the players have to lift or do some kind of conditioning every morning . I also assume their are practices every day. Plus some kind of film work. I assume Harrison and the other guys attendance was near 100 percent . On game day the players stay at a hotel and are together for much of the time before the game, walk throughs . It is obvious he missed certain team events . But I don't believe he was missing as much as some are saying. No way the other players would stand for that.

He would just up and disappear, go back to philly, sometimes would refuse to come back. Sometimes staff didn't know where he was. Would come back around the games and then leave again. By fall he had nearly all online courses. Did not help. Mom was an enabler. Didn't help the situation at all . Remember he has many other siblings. Mom was very dependent and needy. No coach around the area would touch him. Jay wright wanted him before he did his background check. This is all coming from a source very close to the situation in Philly. If we didn't have Phil Greene rysheed would have been done half way through his freshman year.

TONYD3

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »

He would just up and disappear, go back to philly, sometimes would refuse to come back. Sometimes staff didn't know where he was. Would come back around the games and then leave again. By fall he had nearly all online courses. Did not help. Mom was an enabler. Didn't help the situation at all . Remember he has many other siblings. Mom was very dependent and needy. No coach around the area would touch him. Jay wright wanted him before he did his background check. This is all coming from a source very close to the situation in Philly. If we didn't have Phil Greene rysheed would have been done half way through his freshman year.
Thanks for that.

paultzman

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »
http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/542015?referrer_id=1566508

Not taking finals was an interesting though unsurprising approach. :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:23:15 PM by paultzman »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »
Did SJU move to the city?
"Steve Lavin, the coach who recruited Jordan to the Manhattan school and coached him the last two seasons."
Cougar O' Malley

paultzman

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2015, 12:50:30 PM »
Good planning :)

@NYPost_Brazille: Rysheed Jordan has yet to sign with an agent as future remains in flux, I'm told. #sjubb

Moose

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2015, 01:13:59 PM »

@NYPost_Brazille: Rysheed Jordan has yet to sign with an agent as future remains in flux, I'm told. #sjubb

Where is that passport thread I started?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »

Where is that passport thread I started?

He won't even need a passport with the way his plans are going.  Insane what has happened with this kid.  He better hope he gets on a D-League team. 

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2015, 04:44:12 PM »
I wish Rysheed nothing but the best.  He was one of my favorite players to watch during his time with sju.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2015, 09:13:03 AM »
Sheed headed to the DLeague. Wishing the best for the kid, hoping he gets on the right track and realizes his potential.
Section 3
Section 116

Johnny23

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2015, 09:51:32 AM »
He'll end up overseas eventually if he wants to make a living playing bball. Very slim chance of staying on an NBA roster.

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2015, 11:37:23 AM »
He'll end up overseas eventually if he wants to make a living playing bball. Very slim chance of staying on an NBA roster.

You're probably right, because his head isn't there, but I think he's got the physical skills to be an NBA point in ~2-3 years. He's got good size, good vision, decent handle, developing shot, good body control in the paint. Just needs to get his head straight. It's unfortunate that didn't happen here.

Moose

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »

Overseas is too far from Philly.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »

He couldn't stay in NY for more than 5 days at a time. He isn't going over to Europe. Teams would boot him so fast
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Johnny23

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »

He couldn't stay in NY for more than 5 days at a time. He isn't going over to Europe. Teams would boot him so fast

Well he sure as hell isn't going to make a living playing in this country.

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 03:47:46 PM »
Pennsylvania Penal League

Poison

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2015, 08:47:58 AM »

How is he a criminal? He may have been high maintenance but that's not a fair leap to make. We've had a player go to jail for manslaughter and another player incite a riot.

Jordan went home to see his mommy. He may be a pussy, but he's not a criminal. At least not yet, he's not.

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »

Bloods and Crips Summer league

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2015, 09:09:25 PM »

Bloods and Crips Summer league
"Illadel, land where the Killers Dwell..."

Baldi, is my Roots song reference too obscure?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:10:46 PM by bball purist »