Rysheed Jordan going pro

• 114 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan going pro
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »
I could see Jordan playing on the BallUp tour. He'll probably be joined by Marcus LoVett. They could make an all former SJU team with Ryan Williams and Willie Shaw.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
Do they only tour around Philly city limits?

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2016, 05:44:51 PM »
I could see Jordan playing on the BallUp tour. He'll probably be joined by Marcus LoVett. They could make an all former SJU team with Ryan Williams and Willie Shaw.

Do you think Lovett will flake out? Do you think he is leaving?

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2016, 06:15:09 PM »

I haven't been shy sharing my thoughts on LoVett from the start of him being difficult and inconsistent. The only thing he has been consistent with is moving around. 3 high schools and 4 travel teams during high school. So I wouldn't rule it out but it would be extremely foolish on his end if he did.

ras

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2016, 06:45:46 PM »
If Lovett wanted to go the JC root, he could have gone after HS. If he wants to transfer he will have to sit out another year. Seems to be working hard on his grades.

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2016, 07:12:23 PM »

I haven't been shy sharing my thoughts on LoVett from the start of him being difficult and inconsistent. The only thing he has been consistent with is moving around. 3 high schools and 4 travel teams during high school. So I wouldn't rule it out but it would be extremely foolish on his end if he did.

Hope you are wrong Dave, always respect your opinion, but hope you are wrong. We've certainly had our share of flaky recruits...Michael Porter, Nuri Lindsey, Norvel Pelle to name a few. Next year's backcourt of Lovett, Ponds and Mussini would be a good thing.

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2016, 08:50:24 PM »

Unfortunately this seems to be a legit concern at this point

paultzman

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2016, 09:05:54 PM »
Oh my

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2016, 09:12:14 PM »
Are people here rumors re: Lovett from legit sources, or is this pure speculation based on his past and our pessimism.

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2016, 09:21:51 PM »
Are people here rumors re: Lovett from legit sources, or is this pure speculation based on his past and our pessimism.

Word around campfire aint good

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »
Hope it doesn't change.  From what I've read on Lovett, having him here with a year of practice under his belt is just what this team will need next year.  Ponds won't be ready to shoulder the PG load right away, IMO, and Mussini will still be more of a shooter even with a year of development and improved strength/quickness.  If no Lovett, my guess is the staff looks to go shopping with the grad transfer route or even a JUCO point (a transfer who has to sit isn't ideal either, unless you get a hardship waiver, and I don't believe there are many impact PG's left at the HS level who haven't signed or verballed).

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »
For the record Ponds is not a PG. He's a SG who can handle. I think Ellison long term is best PG on the team right now and that includes LoVett.

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2016, 09:45:08 PM »
For the record Ponds is not a PG. He's a SG who can handle. I think Ellison long term is best PG on the team right now and that includes LoVett.
very interesting

ras

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
If Ellison is such a great PG, compared to others on the team, why isn't he playing PG to move Mussini to the 2.

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2016, 10:22:33 PM »

I would rather 2 points that aren't really points than Ellison playing the point.
From what I have seen of Ponds between him and Mussini they should be able to handle it.

cjfish

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2016, 10:50:37 PM »
Ponds has the ability to play the point well.  Everyone in HS with his talent is a SG, it's HS.  His penetrating ability is excellent and he gets a lot of assists when you consider he is the show.  Havent seen enough of Lovett yet but I think we will have a great 4 guard rotation next year, though I think Ellson will see some time as a small forward,  Eillison at this point is likely the 4th guard, will have to fight Lovett for third spot.

ras

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2016, 11:16:30 PM »
Ponds has the ability to play the point well.  Everyone in HS with his talent is a SG, it's HS.  His penetrating ability is excellent and he gets a lot of assists when you consider he is the show.  Havent seen enough of Lovett yet but I think we will have a great 4 guard rotation next year, though I think Ellson will see some time as a small forward,  Eillison at this point is likely the 4th guard, will have to fight Lovett for third spot.
Not if Lovett isn't here.

Foad

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2016, 06:43:20 AM »

I didn't see Lovett on the bench ---> Lovett was not on the bench --> Is Lovett transferring ---> Lovett has transferred -----> Who will fill Lovett's scholarship ----> Our new PG, Malik Ellison

Sounds about right.

Moose

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:27 AM »

I didn't see Lovett on the bench ---> Lovett was not on the bench --> Is Lovett transferring ---> Lovett has transferred -----> Who will fill Lovett's scholarship ----> Our new PG, Malik Ellison

Sounds about right.

You forgot Ellison is better than Lovett.

Now its complete
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2016, 11:03:47 AM »

Sounds about right.

You forgot Ellison is better than Lovett.

Now its complete

In fairness I think the Ellison thing is just a way of coping with the possibility of Lovett leaving. Would be like talking yourself into an ugly girl as a replacement for your hot girlfriend dumping you.
BTW I did not see anyone actually say Ellison was better than Lovett. Does Pervis post on here?