Lavin, WTF is going on?

• 86 replies

Poison

Re: Lavin, WTF is going on?
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 06:50:40 PM »
I'm not ready to call out Steve Lavin. I think it's too soon for that. That said, in a month or two, we'll have a much better idea of what direction this program is heading in. Some of the things that happened over the course of the last few months are on the staff. They have to be. That's an objective opinion.

Yet, it's just silly to blame the staff for Pelle and Sampson failing to qualify and then changing their mind like a 15 year old girl. Lavin should have recruited more size. We know this. But the kids who didn't make it to campus are responsible for their own actions. Lindsey is responsible for his own actions. His career is probably over, and it's certainly not because of our staff. They took Hardy, Boothe & Horne and turned them into stars. They did it because all 3 had a strong work ethic. When things got tough, they worked harder.

If a kid comes here and doesn't want to work, well then F him. He can wind up flipping burgers for all I care.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:53:03 PM by Poison »

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:31 PM »
You guys are right, im panicing. At least, Tony Chiles isnt out recruiting

He was out recruiting today.  Two of our '13 targets.
+15

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?

We need players. I'm sure the locker room has been addressed. Like, the day after Nuri decided to quit.

Are you confident in that? Whose checking to make sure they go to class? Guess they forgot to check on Nuri's attendence?

Neither one of us knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.  Why the alarmist attitude?  Because one kid is a flake, no one is going to class all of a sudden? Lavin has like 5 guys on his staff.  I'm sure each one has a specific responsibility and if they don't fulfull it, they will have to answer for it.

To answer your question, I have full confidence that Lavin knows what he's doing. 

This is another one of the "stoke the fire" threads by Baldi.

Youre right, typical Baldi. Staff is doing a fine job. Lets pat all 11 staff members for a stellar job

No one ever said the staff was doing a fine job.  They also aren't doing a poor job, either.  Not to mention, I've also become accustomed to your style or way of posting.  This is one of your patented "stir the pot" threads.

You'll be lying to yourself, if you didn't agree.

If what I post is right, how am I stirring the pot? Same story with you guys when reality slaps you in the face. "Baldi's flaming the board" .This program is in shambles, probably only 3 Big East players on the roster. And the coach is in Colorado probably recruiting another eligiblity disaster
Reality slapped us in the face with Norm who couldn't coach and basically couldn't recruit. Too bad reality didn't slap you in the face as you turned a blind eye to what happened when he was here

Norm brought in some character guys. Guys who Lavin won with. Jury still out on what type of characters are here now

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »
I'm not ready to call out Steve Lavin. I think it's too soon for that. That said, in a month or two, we'll have a much better idea of what direction this program is heading in. Some of the things that happened over the course of the last few months are on the staff. They have to be. That's an objective opinion.

Yet, it's just silly to blame the staff for Pelle and Sampson failing to qualify and then changing their mind like a 15 year old girl. Lavin should have recruited more size. We know this. But the kids who didn't make it to campus are responsible for their own actions. Lindsey is responsible for his own actions. His career is probably over, and it's certainly not because of our staff. They took Hardy, Boothe & Horne and turned them into stars. They did it because all 3 had a strong work ethic. When things got tough, they worked harder.

If a kid comes here and doesn't want to work, well then F him. He can wind up flipping burgers for all I care.

Who advised Pelle and Sampson to go to that A factory? The same guy out recruiting '13 targets

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?

We need players. I'm sure the locker room has been addressed. Like, the day after Nuri decided to quit.

Are you confident in that? Whose checking to make sure they go to class? Guess they forgot to check on Nuri's attendence?

Neither one of us knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.  Why the alarmist attitude?  Because one kid is a flake, no one is going to class all of a sudden? Lavin has like 5 guys on his staff.  I'm sure each one has a specific responsibility and if they don't fulfull it, they will have to answer for it.

To answer your question, I have full confidence that Lavin knows what he's doing. 

Youre right, typical Baldi. Staff is doing a fine job. Lets pat all 11 staff members for a stellar job

No one ever said the staff was doing a fine job.  They also aren't doing a poor job, either.  Not to mention, I've also become accustomed to your style or way of posting.  This is one of your patented "stir the pot" threads.

If what I post is right, how am I stirring the pot? Same story with you guys when reality slaps you in the face. "Baldi's flaming the board" .This program is in shambles, probably only 3 Big East players on the roster. And the coach is in Colorado probably recruiting another eligiblity disaster
Reality slapped us in the face with Norm who couldn't coach and basically couldn't recruit. Too bad reality didn't slap you in the face as you turned a blind eye to what happened when he was here

Norm brought in some character guys. Guys who Lavin won with. Jury still out on what type of characters are here now
And look how many players transferred under Norm.

I have 2 question Baldi yes or no. #1 If Norm would have been here last year would he had achieved the same results as we did with Lavin. #2 If Norm was here to fill out that ridiculous amount of schollies that we were going to be stuck with whether he was here or not here who would we be better off with. Lavins remaining 5 or whatever Norm brought in

Poison

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 06:58:46 PM »
Norm also went after some poor character guys too. Lest we forget Aaron Spears, Derwin Kitchen, Lance Stephenson & Jayvaughn Pinkston & Doug Wiggins.

If I recall once that POS Wiggins left is for Uconn, Norm brought in Derwin Kitchen, who had a fake juco transcript.

It's easy to remember Norm as being a "nice" guy, but let's not forget that he went after several morally suspect recruits.
He just didn't any of them.

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »

I have 2 question Baldi yes or no. #1 If Norm would have been here last year would he had achieved the same results as we did with Lavin. #2 If Norm was here to fill out that ridiculous amount of schollies that we were going to be stuck with whether he was here or not here who would we be better off with. Lavins remaining 5 or whatever Norm brought in

#1 Cant say for sure, but probably not
#2 Ask me again in a few weeks.

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
Norm also went after some poor character guys too. Lest we forget Aaron Spears, Derwin Kitchen, Lance Stephenson & Jayvaughn Pinkston & Doug Wiggins.

If I recall once that POS Wiggins left is for Uconn, Norm brought in Derwin Kitchen, who had a fake juco transcript.

It's easy to remember Norm as being a "nice" guy, but let's not forget that he went after several morally suspect recruits.

1 of those guys played for St Johns. Fact is Lavin couldnt or wouldnt keep Omari, Ron Roberts, Polee and he even asked Stith to leave.  All those guys are eligible

Moose

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »

1 of those guys played for St Johns. Fact is Lavin couldnt or wouldnt keep Omari, Ron Roberts, Polee and he even asked Stith to leave.  All those guys are eligible

You can't force someone to stay who wants to leave.  That was Polee.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
 Can we please stop comparing Norm to Lavin. It's nice personic.

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »

Guess he wasnt happy with what was going on

Moose

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 07:08:33 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

Not my job. Lavin is supposedly the "living room" guy

Moose

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

What is your job then exactly?

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

Resident flamer

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 07:12:07 PM »

#1 Cant say for sure, but probably not
#2 Ask me again in a few weeks.

Baldi I'd like to say I can't stand you but during that hurricane I actually realized I didnt want you to get swept into the ocean.

BUT

#1 Come on now. I don't know how long you've been a fan. Maybe since Mullin ( myself it's since 87 ) but other than someone arguable saying those 1st 2 jarvis years last year at least for me was the single most enjoyable season EVER.

Duke,Uconn,Gtown and Pitt taken down at the garden. Duke and Uconn completely dismantled. For that month and a half or whatever we were flat out scary and this was from a team that accomplished NOTHING before that. And I'm not even including going down to Nova and whipping their ass so hard I almost had tears in my eyes.

That NEVER would have happened with Norm. Come on now Baldi be fair here.

#2 I won't even go crazy about but looking at these 5 kids now tell me which Norm players showed the same potential at the same time. GG,Brownless,Hardy I rate all equal at this time their 1st years here. Obviously Hardy then became quite possible my all time favorite player ( under Lavin )

DJ showed a lot of promise his first year as well as Burrell. But come on. Harkless and Pointer have crazy potential. You have to admit that.

I still can't believe your answer to question #1. I'm honestly freaking shocked

sju89tr

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »
Lavin was at Walt Hazzard's funeral in LA, went to check out players we desperately need for future. Great that we complain about everything.  ::)

boo3

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

Resident flamer

remove the resident part and you nailed it.

boo3

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 07:14:32 PM »
Lavin was at Walt Hazzard's funeral in LA, went to check out players we desperately need for future. Great that we complain about everything.  ::)

thanks for the informed response to an uninformed thread.

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »
Ive said many times, Lavin did a great job with those guys last year.