Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - BAYLOR

• 1016 replies
Re: Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2011, 12:11:05 AM »
Not sure how to feel about Gathers tweet. See bottom

Tim_theCreator
34 mins
Just saw some highlights on St. John basketball on espn and thought next year I'll be seeing that boy @RicoGathers21 there next year!

RicoGathers21
 33 mins
@Tim_theCreator maybee sonn. Maybe

Tim_theCreator
 32 mins
@RicoGathers21 lol I know u know I really wanna see u in that purp n gold tho
In reply to ª
  RicoGathers21
@RicoGathers21
@Tim_theCreator lol we gon see bro as of now I'm #stjbb tho
29 minutes ago  via

Supposedly, took an unofficial to LSU over the weekend.

@DanielJMartin_ Ricardo Gathers reportedly took an unofficial to LSU for the Auburn game today. Have you heard any news of him wavering?

https://twitter.com/#!/mattmccurdy/status/127978462978908160

« Reply #441 on: October 26, 2011, 12:12:54 AM »
Shoutout to #stjbb. Can't wait to thrill the fans of nyc next year.

https://twitter.com/#!/RicoGathers21/status/129045734443069441

Signing day can't get here quick enough.  LOL 

LJSA

« Reply #442 on: October 26, 2011, 12:54:37 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/RicoGathers21/status/129045734443069441

Signing day can't get here quick enough.  LOL 

That better be genuine and not damage control.

Moose

« Reply #443 on: October 26, 2011, 07:34:32 AM »
Not sure how to feel about Gathers tweet. See bottom

Tim_theCreator
34 mins
Just saw some highlights on St. John basketball on espn and thought next year I'll be seeing that boy @RicoGathers21 there next year!

RicoGathers21
 33 mins
@Tim_theCreator maybee sonn. Maybe

Tim_theCreator
 32 mins
@RicoGathers21 lol I know u know I really wanna see u in that purp n gold tho
In reply to ↑
  RicoGathers21
@RicoGathers21
@Tim_theCreator lol we gon see bro as of now I'm #stjbb tho
29 minutes ago  via

Just an over zealous fan. Much ado about nothing.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #444 on: October 26, 2011, 10:49:44 AM »
Forget the players I think we need to ban posters/fans use of twitter
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #445 on: October 26, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
Forget the players I think we need to ban posters/fans use of twitter

I used to get crazy when posters over analyzed Norm's post game quotes.  Now we've moved onto Twitter.  It's tough to make succent thoughts in 140 characters or less.

« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
Who is Tim the Creator?
I'm guessing Tim Walker wants to go, or likes, LSU, as he's from Louisiana like the Bull.   Of course, I'm twisting it cuz who knows what messing around they're doing.  To tag #stjbb means he's messing around.  2 and 1/2 weeks and it will be written, and done.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:03:28 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #447 on: October 26, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »
The "unofficial" "visit" made enough waves to generate some chatter on the LSU boards.  Hopefully, there's no substance to it. They do discuss "the buddy who works at LSU talking about him decommitting." Who knows...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/29282786/Gathers-Decommitting-From-St-john-and-going-to-possibly-LSU.aspx

Moose

« Reply #448 on: October 26, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »
The "unofficial" "visit" made enough waves to generate some chatter on the LSU boards.  Hopefully, there's no substance to it. They do discuss "the buddy who works at LSU talking about him decommitting." Who knows...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/29282786/Gathers-Decommitting-From-St-john-and-going-to-possibly-LSU.aspx

I've heard nothing about this and would be really alarming if true.

« Reply #449 on: October 26, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »

One board poster mentioned how this rumor decommit stuff happened with Greg Monroe too when he went to a few LSU games in the fall, before signing with GTown.  I just figure, jeez, can't the kids go to a game or two close to home with some friends? Hopefully not alarming yet Moose.

« Reply #450 on: October 26, 2011, 03:51:16 PM »
  One board poster mentioned how this rumor decommit stuff happened with Greg Monroe too when he went to a few LSU games in the fall, before signing with GTown.  I just figure, jeez, can't the kids go to a game or two close to home with some friends? Hopefully not alarming yet Moose.

Hopefully, this is just a rumor gone wild.  I'll say, it's something we should keep our eye on.

MCNPA

« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »
Ricardo has always had a lot of guys in his ear.  He had a list of about 10 schools yet we heard he was coming to SJU.  I'm not that worried, although definitely something to watch.  Would be nice to have the LOI.

LJSA

« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »
The guys on tiger droppings seem to think he's a lock to de-commit and that our staff is dirty.

« Reply #453 on: October 26, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »
The guys on tiger droppings seem to think he's a lock to de-commit and that our staff is dirty.
But we all know the "dirty" comment is just the jealousy and disbelief of some boards and fans at losing a local recruit. 

desco80

« Reply #454 on: October 26, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »
I hope this is all nonsense, and just some posters from the LSU board running wild.   

But man, this would be a kick in the balls if Gathers de-committed. 

I don't buy the "dirty tactics"  at all.   Like someone said, all fan bases claim that when they lose a recruit.  BUT; I think it's strange he said "I'm STJBB for now"  in his tweet.   A little more firmness would put me at ease. 

« Reply #455 on: October 26, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »
I hope this is all nonsense, and just some posters from the LSU board running wild.   

I don't buy the "dirty tactics"  at all.   Like someone said, all fan bases claim that when they lose a recruit.  BUT; I think it's strange he said "I'm STJBB for now"  in his tweet.   A little more firmness would put me at ease.
Yes, firmness would have been good to read. But that being said, as a twitter user for almost 2 years, I an say to not take every word tweeted as pure intent.  Some measure their words much more than others. That is why misinformation abounds on twitter. It's the Wild West of social media - fb is nothing compared to twitter. It's going full on with HSers as my son told me his friends are abandoning fb and going mostly with twitter now.

I think some of the players enjoy playing around with fan bases that are watching every word.  Many of us, myself included, are guilty of that at times.  I am going retro as many of the long time posters on this board do - I will wait until signing day and see if RG delays his signing 'til spring. I doubt it, but the proof will be in the signing pudding we get to eat  :-X

« Reply #456 on: October 26, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »

What part of that is not firm?

Moose

« Reply #457 on: October 26, 2011, 09:13:06 PM »

He does go on to say something along the lines of "I'm STJBB 'for now"

LJSA

« Reply #458 on: October 26, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
Signing period is coming in a few weeks, right?

« Reply #459 on: October 26, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »

He does go on to say something along the lines of "I'm STJBB 'for now"

Yeah but that was before my quoted tweet from him and we don't don't even know the full context he said that in.  We do know today he made it clear he "cannot wait" to play for SJU.  Furthermore are people suggesting that after being recruited and strongly committing and then going to SJU Midnight Madness he is going to commit to LSU who has done exactly what in the SEC recently???

Relax a little.