Remi Barry - SF - Loomis, CA (France) - Del Oro High School - NEW MEXICO STATE

• 198 replies
Re: Remi Barry - SF - Loomis, CA (France) - Del Oro High School
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
Pretty sure the visit doesn't end until this evening because he arrived late on Saturday.  Zags tweeted yesterday that Remi said the visit was going "Real Good".  Exciting time as we await his final answer.

kob24

« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »
he is having fun. umm i have a question because this was brought up by some posters. are we gonna be talking about this kids age. i know it was brought up with burrell and hardy

Poison

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2010, 02:05:29 PM »
he is having fun. umm i have a question because this was brought up by some posters. are we gonna be talking about this kids age. i know it was brought up with burrell and hardy

His age regarding what? I don't follow you?

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2010, 03:01:38 PM »
he turns 19 in August... so he is a little old for his age ;)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2010, 03:56:01 PM »
Rob Thomas and Paris are the old men.

Some people have nothing better to do.  College ball has more than its share of guys who took an extra yr of HS and a prep year to get qualified.  And this kid is foreign, so some things may not transfer, slowing him down.

As long as he can ball, I don't care if he's 26.

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
A kid I grew up playing soccer and basketball with had the same birthday as me but a year younger. He was 2 grades behind me. He got drafted to the NFL this year. Certainly worked out in his favor to develop more physically. Who cares? Honestly it benefits them to do this so why not.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »

Most finishing HS seniors turned 18 in 2010. He would be only 1 year older.
Not uncommon with him changing HS 2X
Molloy '71

« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53:58 PM »

Most finishing HS seniors turned 18 in 2010. He would be only 1 year older.
Not uncommon with him changing HS 2X

Agreed.  Not a big deal. Second half of the year birthdays are typically caught in between school years.  Too old for one... too young for the other.

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
Not sure who was questioning the ages for Jb,Paris and Hardy but that never should be an issue. I remember a few people questioning about Rob Thomas' age etc and even that shouldnt be an issue. Some of these kids are a year or 2 behind on purpose for their own physical development and some are a year or 2 behind because their schools sucked or they didnt have the proper support at home or at school

If they they werent basketball players and just students age wouldnt be an issue to go to college so no one should be saying anything about a kid who might be a year or 2 older.

« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2010, 08:17:30 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1096218&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Remi Barry arrived on the campus of St. John's on Saturday and the Red Storm went all out to woo the forward. If St. John's gets the French national it will be a coup' for the program.

« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2010, 01:03:57 AM »
Move over Mariano Rivera...Steve Lavin is the best closer in New York. Keep your fingers crossed that everything with the clearinghouse goes through. If I have something more concrete to give I will but everything as of now that I hear points to red and white.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sjd8886

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2010, 01:32:16 AM »
kids never wanted to take that plunge and be the first top recruits to st johns...now with the staff i guess they have something concrete to believe in...if we get barry on top of polee, and we make the tourny this year and upset a few teams, this will truly be the year everything turns around and we see a top 5 class for next year

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2010, 10:16:15 AM »
Available scollies mean playin time...kids see that they can get on the court sooner. Keep it going Steve and Staff.

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
Does anybody know anything about Remi and how he is leaning?

« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »
Couple of posters on the UCLA board think he's coming to St. John's.  Apparently when a recruit decides to go somewhere else they quite often play the "he wouldn't qualify here" card to save face.  Y

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=12&f=1737&t=6057392

"yes, sorry i wasnt more clear on that point, but that is my understanding, certain local media notwithstanding--the issue is NOT his grades...he just likes new york city"

sjd8886

« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2010, 09:11:39 PM »
Couple of posters on the UCLA board think he's coming to St. John's.  Apparently when a recruit decides to go somewhere else they quite often play the "he wouldn't qualify here" card to save face.  Y

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=12&f=1737&t=6057392

"yes, sorry i wasnt more clear on that point, but that is my understanding, certain local media notwithstanding--the issue is NOT his grades...he just likes new york city"

but when he asked about it he wasnt that adamant that he was going to qualify either...im forgetting the article, so hopefully someone can help me here but he either said he and his coaches "hoped" he would qualify, or that he and his coaches "thought" he would qualify...but either way if his grades were definitely in order you would think he would  just say that

« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »

but when he asked about it he wasnt that adamant that he was going to qualify either...im forgetting the article, so hopefully someone can help me here but he either said he and his coaches "hoped" he would qualify, or that he and his coaches "thought" he would qualify...but either way if his grades were definitely in order you would think he would  just say that

Here it is...

"As for concerns about whether he’ll be eligible, Barry insists he will.

“I really hope so,” he said. “They [my coaches] hope so, too. We all hope so. No one knows but the NCAA. Hopefully the NCAA will clear me.”"

« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »
After what he called an “amazing” 48-hour official visit to St. John’s, Remi Barry says he will make a college decision “maybe like next week.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/22/remi-barry-weighing-his-options/

sjd8886

« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2010, 04:07:18 PM »
whats goin on...no ones been talking at all, even the media...hes making the call this week isnt he?

« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
whats goin on...no ones been talking at all, even the media...hes making the call this week isnt he?

Yes, that is the word....  Barry is supposedly gonna pull the trigger this week.  Hopefully, he does pull the trigger and the place of target is St. John's.