Marquette Post Game Discussion

• 62 replies

xhoops

Re: Marquette Post Game Discussion
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2010, 12:49:41 AM »
hold on im confused he get 3 shots against usf and its ok because we win but he takes 4 shots and doesnt look for the ball and we lose and he played bad. thats kinda crazy. the past few games he finally returns and they dont even look for him this shit was bound to happen. the only reason why im ok with it was because he was grabbing rebounds and getting assist. he was diving on the floor and playing defense. when the hell did butler become a 3 point threat. i would have told justin to back off. after he made 2 or three then it caused a huge problem and then he was taking justin off the dribble and getting him into foul trouble. but let me ask this question who was guarding haywood? hmmmmm. i told him if his shot isnt falling u better be doing something else. why couldnt brownlee or evans or coker or thomas or omari or paris or mase or stith pick up the slack and score. matter of fact why isnt anyone saying that??????? i predicted 5 attempts i was off by one even if he was playing passive u still pass him the ball. he was still getting people open. oh yeah if that was justin in the open court he would have crushed it from that deep. that was evans trying to be cute and that was the game changer. nothing else
How about Brownlee's charge on a layup......Justin was wide open for a drop off dunk....a win in regulation if that happened

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 05:51:07 AM »
hold on im confused he get 3 shots against usf and its ok because we win but he takes 4 shots and doesnt look for the ball and we lose and he played bad. thats kinda crazy. the past few games he finally returns and they dont even look for him this shit was bound to happen. the only reason why im ok with it was because he was grabbing rebounds and getting assist. he was diving on the floor and playing defense. when the hell did butler become a 3 point threat. i would have told justin to back off. after he made 2 or three then it caused a huge problem and then he was taking justin off the dribble and getting him into foul trouble. but let me ask this question who was guarding haywood? hmmmmm. i told him if his shot isnt falling u better be doing something else. why couldnt brownlee or evans or coker or thomas or omari or paris or mase or stith pick up the slack and score. matter of fact why isnt anyone saying that??????? i predicted 5 attempts i was off by one even if he was playing passive u still pass him the ball. he was still getting people open. oh yeah if that was justin in the open court he would have crushed it from that deep. that was evans trying to be cute and that was the game changer. nothing else
How about Brownlee's charge on a layup......Justin was wide open for a drop off dunk....a win in regulation if that happened

How about when JB2 drives hard to the basket and runs into the the future Nba allstar  ;) and get's called for the charge even though the MU player takes the charge squarely on the arm which is impossible. Announcers made a big point of how he made sure his feet were set due to the three fouls he had but if he doesn't stick out his arm, JB2 is by him for an easy layup. Would have been a huge fourth foul on their best player with a lot of time remaining, and a 2 or 3 point play for us.

As I said,  the what ifs were numerous.   

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:47 AM »
xhoops, Butler is a guard-sized forward, he basically plays the power forward (if Hayward is the "center").  He and Hayward are Butler's "size", so St. John's bigs would have to defend them