Orlando Sanchez CLEARED by NCAA

• 131 replies

Chilleb

Re: Orlando Sanchez CLEARED by NCAA
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2013, 11:21:05 PM »
after all this practice time is there any new footage of sanchez?

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
Is Ryan Kelly a good comparison for Sanchez?

I keep saying a taller better passing version of Brownlee. Lets hope so.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2013, 11:39:24 PM »
I watched Sanchez play about six games as a JUCO on line and also saw a game on line with the Dominican national team. His game is very diverse from what I can see. On our team he is closest to Sampson although he is a little more physical and with more low post moves. At Monroe he was a center or power forward but on the Dominican team he played up top sometimes at the two and sometimes at the three.

His range on his shot is similar to Jakaar although he will very occasionally make a three. He is mobile and very good in transition. He runs and jumps really well. He is an excellent defender. He can post up and play with his back to the basket or play on the perimeter. He has an excellent handle, passes well and is unselfish, maybe a bit too unselfish. He is a better rebounder than anyone we have now and should really improve our stats in that category. Next to Obekpa he will be our best shot blocker. He will not put up huge scoring numbers but he should hit double digits most nights perhaps he will hit Sampson numbers points wise but his rebounds should be higher than anyone we have.

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2013, 11:46:15 PM »

just found this.  it's his youtube account with a bunch of video of him dunking, passing, shooting.  The kick pass to JKS at midnight madness  he's done before... and he has a sweet 3-point stroke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rft0e8bwHo

https://www.youtube.com/user/orlandomates123?feature=watch
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:46:43 PM by redmen4life »

Moose

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2013, 11:53:05 PM »

I wish people would tape practice to see what we do :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2013, 12:02:14 AM »

I wish people would tape practice to see what we do :)
Test pattern. :)

« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »
The jb2 comparison ain't bad .... ain't bad at all.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

bk8664

« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »

His outside jump-shot looked great in the video.  I know others on the sju internet boards said that he was nailing nba threes during warm-ups.  He might end up being out best outside shooter next year.  I hope he still wants to mix it up in the paint on offense a bit.  Not exclusively, but a bit -  to give our offense more ways to score and run better offensive sets

« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »
I always believed that if JB2 was few inches taller, he might have gotten a shot at next level...very smart, great passer, good footwork and a nice touch

« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
I hope him and Jakarr goin at eachother in practice helps Jakarr with his inside play. A lot of people are saying Jakarr needs to become a better shooter to make that next step, I say he needs to become a beast around the basket to do so. The highlights of the last game in Europe really gave me hope.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
I watched Sanchez play about six games as a JUCO on line and also saw a game on line with the Dominican national team. His game is very diverse from what I can see. On our team he is closest to Sampson although he is a little more physical and with more low post moves. At Monroe he was a center or power forward but on the Dominican team he played up top sometimes at the two and sometimes at the three.

His range on his shot is similar to Jakaar although he will very occasionally make a three. He is mobile and very good in transition. He runs and jumps really well. He is an excellent defender. He can post up and play with his back to the basket or play on the perimeter. He has an excellent handle, passes well and is unselfish, maybe a bit too unselfish. He is a better rebounder than anyone we have now and should really improve our stats in that category. Next to Obekpa he will be our best shot blocker. He will not put up huge scoring numbers but he should hit double digits most nights perhaps he will hit Sampson numbers points wise but his rebounds should be higher than anyone we have.

He never played the two.  In one scrimmage against the UK alum he played a lot on the perimeter, but he did not play the two.  He cannot guard the two...probably cannot guard the three for more than a few possessions.

The Sampson comparison is forced. There is nobody on the current roster that he compares to.  The only comparison I see with former Redmen is a taller Brownlee--always under control, capable of blocking shots, able to hit open treys, good vision and passing, good handle for a frontcourt player, sturdy, and no holes in his game. I'd be ecstatic with a taller Brownlee.

Sampson is an athletic freak that does everything at 100 mph--and is about 30 pounds lighter and far quicker than Sanchez.  Sanchez is a very deliberate player.