Ceiling of this Team Now that We Have Begun BE Play

• 145 replies
Re: Ceiling of this Team Now that We Have Begun BE Play
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2020, 01:59:10 PM »
How is dancing in Year 3 the same as dancing in Year 4?
It is in my estimation due to the fact that Coach Mullin inherited the worse rock bottom roster in the history of St. Johns. He had Jones, Balamou and Alibagovic.  CFC inherited 2 preseason second team all conference players, including a 2 time SEC all conference player, and 3 others that show promise and have improved significantly from freshmen to sophomore years. There may have been some other redshirts that were already here but I don't know as I don't pay close attention to that stuff.

He is also building a foundation here, not a revolving door with guys transferring in and out
This is why I write these posts. 

Perhaps he is. He has a good track record. What he's done at other programs is meaningless to me as it should be.  Maybe one day they'll be erecting a statue of him outside of alumni hall. Yet as of this printing he's 1 and 4 and hasn't played Nova and the Hall yet.

Perhaps he won't have players transferring in and out, although it's not a bad thing if the players transferring in are better than the one's transferring out, but he's halfway into his 1st season. We don't know that yet. You're making assumptions.

Many posters here sing his praises, when there is not much yet to praise, just because he is not the greatest figure in the history of the program they pretend to be fans of.
that led to no sustainable formula.
Right now the formula has us at 1 and 4. I hope it's not sustainable.

If nothing else Anderson seems to demand consistency. 
I don't know what that means and I bet neither do you.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 02:03:06 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Rodman

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:29 PM »
It is in my estimation due to the fact that Coach Mullin inherited the worse rock bottom roster in the history of St. Johns. He had Jones, Balamou and Alibagovic.  CFC inherited 2 preseason second team all conference players, including a 2 time SEC all conference player, and 3 others that show promise and have improved significantly from freshmen to sophomore years. There may have been some other redshirts that were already here but I don't know as I don't pay close attention to that stuff.This is why I write these posts. 

Perhaps he is. He has a good track record. What he's done at other programs is meaningless to me as it should be.  Maybe one day they'll be erecting a statue of him outside of alumni hall. Yet as of this printing he's 1 and 4 and hasn't played Nova and the Hall yet.

Perhaps he won't have players transferring in and out, although it's not a bad thing if the players transferring in are better than the one's transferring out, but he's halfway into his 1st season. We don't know that yet. You're making assumptions.

Many posters here sing his praises, when there is not much yet to praise, just because he is not the greatest figure in the history of the program they pretend to be fans of. Right now the formula has us at 1 and 4. I hope it's not sustainable. I don't know what that means and I bet neither do you.

This is complete drivel.  It sounds like a 3rd grader wrote this.  Is there no age limit restriction on this board?

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2020, 02:10:03 AM »
This is complete drivel.  It sounds like a 3rd grader wrote this.  Is there no age limit restriction on this board?
Oh yeah. Your a big poo poo head.

« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »
We are having a bad go of it- no NCAAs and NIT certainly in doubt. Shame to waste Heron too. But its hard to put this all on MA- I think he is a great coach and the team plays hard for him. He just needs to get better players. Outside of Heron, LJ, Roberts and Dunn there just really is not much depth to this team in terms of talent. This is why we need to prioritize 4s and 5s in a competitive Big East. In addition- Simon and Ponds sure look foolish now for leaving. Would have been mutually beneficial for us and them if they stayed.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 12:38:57 PM by friendofjohnnie »

Marillac

« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2020, 01:10:07 PM »
We are having a bad go of it- no NCAAs and NIT certainly in doubt. Shame to waste Heron too. But its hard to put this all on MA- I think he is a great coach and the team plays hard for him. He just needs to get better players. Outside of Heron, LJ, Roberts and Dunn there just really is not much depth to this team in terms of talent. This is why we need to prioritize 4s and 5s in a competitive Big East. In addition- Simon and Ponds sure look foolish now for leaving. Would have been mutually beneficial for us and them if they stayed.

NIT is “certainly in doubt” to you? What doubt do you have?

TonyD having a 3-way with two of the Jonas brothers is more likely.

TONYD3

« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2020, 01:54:48 PM »
NIT is “certainly in doubt” to you? What doubt do you have?

TonyD having a 3-way with two of the Jonas brothers is more likely.
Been laughing at you all week. Thank you. This isn’t as funny but I appreciate the effort.
I will pay you for another heart felt cease fire or common ground essay. It has been a crappy week. But that shit was hysterical!