NIT

• 71 replies
Re: NIT
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »
Why any of us devote time and effort to St. John’s basketball is a mystery.

This I agree with 100% haha. Worse is I’m torturing my poor kids with watching this, but good news is they’re learning how to deal with disappointment at an early age, an invaluable lesson nowadays.

I expected games like last night to be the norm this season so the fact we’ve been mostly competitive, with some big wins over Creighton, West Virginia and Arizona, is why I don’t think it’s been a hugely disappointing season, just a little on the weaker end. I’m with you that we should have gotten a few more... Georgetown, Vermont and maybe stealing one more from the big guys. And it’s obvious coach has some flaws in his style but he’s got them giving it their all. Plus, as you say, I want to see how he performs with a roster full of his guys, hopefully with a little more talent than this bunch.

I just don’t think it’s in good taste that posters gloat when losses occur, when these kids are playing hard and being good representatives of the university, not always a given in recent years. It’s obvious they are just not as talented as other conference teams and we have glaring holes. I think it’s clear we are not near Butler’s level when it comes to pg play, 3 or shooting and height. So #8 vs #9 isn’t as close as the numbers imply.

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2020, 01:39:55 PM »
Who are these three NBA players? Do you understand the G-League is not the NBA?

I am going by what our site Leader Dave's comments in the past saying Ponds / Simon and Owens were/are our past NBA players from Mullin's Tenure.....dont put those words in my mouth

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2020, 01:41:22 PM »
Foad i would love to meet you at the Big East Tournament please let me know where we can meet for a drink ...ill even treat! Would love to see how your computer fingers are and meet big bad Foady

Marillac

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2020, 02:07:56 PM »
I am going by what our site Leader Dave's comments in the past saying Ponds / Simon and Owens were/are our past NBA players from Mullin's Tenure.....dont put those words in my mouth

Are you all there? I quoted and responded. I didn’t try to attribute anything to you that you didn’t write yourself.

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2020, 02:21:02 PM »
yes i am all there thanks for checking bud.....page 1 i took a comment from Dave (sorry should have quoted) that Mullin produced 2/3 NBA players while Coaching St. John's.....but continue on your agenda my friend its what keeps the board entertaining

Marillac

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2020, 02:27:20 PM »
yes i am all there thanks for checking bud.....page 1 i took a comment from Dave (sorry should have quoted) that Mullin produced 2/3 NBA players while Coaching St. John's.....but continue on your agenda my friend its what keeps the board entertaining

My agenda is to get drunk at a Sweet Sixteen with St. John’s playing.

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2020, 02:43:45 PM »
Must be tough knowing that we had 3 NBA players on Mullin's teams
Fact check.

and we didnt even make the NIT once
Nobody cares about the Nit. And he inherited the worst team in the history of the program. Complete rebuilds take time.

and backed our way into dance
"The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory."
- traditonal
with 2 NBA players
Fact check. I can go back this far. Another Johnny had a cup of coffee in the show besides Ponds?
But yea keep defending the GOAT!!!! 
You know it! "I'm not new to this...I'm true to this" - unknown

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2020, 02:54:11 PM »
I just don’t think it’s in good taste that posters gloat when losses occur, when these kids are playing hard and being good representatives of the university,
Valid point.

I'll make a blanket statement that anything I ever write after losses occur, which is quite frequently, that could be construed as gloating is in no way meant to demean or detract from the efforts of the players or CFC and staff who are doing their very best to fight the good fight.

It is only meant to mock the traitors who postulated that Chris Mullin was the worst coach ever and solely responsible for our "failings" and assured us that now that we have a great coach, we could just sit back and watch us soar.
not always a given in recent years.
Effort and player behavior was obviously excellent under the legend.

Foad

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2020, 04:14:43 PM »
Foad i would love to meet you at the Big East Tournament please let me know where we can meet for a drink ...ill even treat! Would love to see how your computer fingers are and meet big bad Foady

My dance card is pretty full but I'll try and find some time for you Wednesday before the game. How about at Squirt Farm six thirty ish. Wear something frilly.

Johnny23

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »

Foad and Marillac will be out back handling their own treats.

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2020, 06:34:09 PM »
Hey marillac, how's lardass doing in nebraska? I'm hearing they're awful as well
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:53:09 AM by mullin85berry86 »

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2020, 08:41:44 AM »
Hey marillac, how's lardass doing in nebraska? I'm hearing they're awful as well

7-23. I’ve updated the forum on their futility no less than six times already this year. I also don’t like him and don’t wish him well.