NIT

• 71 replies

cjfish

Re: NIT
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2020, 09:53:15 AM »

Tha Kid

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »
I honestly don’t think there is a coach in the country that could have done worse.

Marillac, it's statements like these that make people not listen to any of the very good points you make.  You get hyperbolic and say something that no one could agree with.  Anderson did fine this year...did he do great? No.  But he did fine.  You're allowed to be disappointed.  But to suggest 314 or whatever the # is other coaches in the country would have done better this season, especially when he is coming off a win against Creighton without Heron? Come on...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2020, 04:24:54 PM »
Marillac, it's statements like these that make people not listen to any of the very good points you make.  You get hyperbolic and say something that no one could agree with.  Anderson did fine this year...did he do great? No.  But he did fine.  You're allowed to be disappointed.  But to suggest 314 or whatever the # is other coaches in the country would have done better this season, especially when he is coming off a win against Creighton without Heron? Come on...
  I'd also add, that our luck rating is like 300+ in the country according to Pomeroy.  there are a bunch of big close games that could have gone our way with a good bounce in the last minute, but instead the most of those went against us.  Sometimes things like that happen, especially with a rebuilding team where the margin for error is already so low.  2 or 3 more wins from those close games and this season would look entirely different.  I guess my point is, this was a rebuilding year and we're on the NIT bubble even with some bad luck.  I can't condemn the coach based on that.  Let's give him a few years to get his players and build this thing.

Foad

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2020, 07:16:27 PM »
our luck rating is like 300+

What's our fate rating?

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2020, 08:47:56 PM »
Screw the NIT boys. How many wins to make the big dance?!

Johnny23

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2020, 08:51:10 PM »

4 wins starting next Wednesday and they're in.

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »
4. In the BE T which shouldn't be that hard since the games are at the garden. Only question should be our seeding in the big dance. Figuring a BET championship should be worth a 4 seed.

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2020, 09:54:10 PM »
Marquette could end 2 things on Saturday.
Our very slim nit hopes, and cma's undefeated streak.

Oh well

Marillac

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2020, 10:30:32 PM »
Marquette could end 2 things on Saturday.
Our very slim nit hopes, and cma's undefeated streak.

Oh well

Undefeated streak? You mean finishing with .500 record overall? He’s had losing conference seasons.

Marillac

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2020, 10:31:40 PM »
4 wins starting next Wednesday and they're in.

And then how many more to win it all? Let’s start kicking dicks in!

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
4-13!  I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you Coach Anderson for the triumphant season.

Who could have thought that we could be just 9 games below .500 at this point? If we don’t make the NIT then the fix is in.

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2020, 01:28:18 AM »
4-13!  I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you Coach Anderson for the triumphant season.
You got it backwards. Coach Mullin had the triumphant season. Cfc - not yet.

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2020, 07:18:16 AM »
Is there a reason you guys just come on this board and bash the team and coach? Fans should have been optimistic and root for wins and hope for NIT? We just came off a huge win and had a game vs a team to help keep Coaches streak alive and solidify a a shot at playing more basketball.
Instead you instantly come on board and bash every thread because we lost...yes fans are frustrated I for one am but I don’t need to keep hijack this site/ no wondering it turns into attacks attacks every thread......and Marillac keep sticking to your Agenda...such a disgrace
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:22:26 AM by talkbigeast »

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2020, 08:30:12 AM »
Is there a reason you guys just come on this board and bash the team and coach? Fans should have been optimistic and root for wins and hope for NIT? We just came off a huge win and had a game vs a team to help keep Coaches streak alive and solidify a a shot at playing more basketball.
Instead you instantly come on board and bash every thread because we lost...yes fans are frustrated I for one am but I don’t need to keep hijack this site/ no wondering it turns into attacks attacks every thread......and Marillac keep sticking to your Agenda...such a disgrace

+1

On a board of maybe 10 everyday posters, to devote this amount of time and effort, for what? They’ve had ups and downs, thought that was expected.

I’d rather focus on rooting for champagnie to have a career game. Unfortunately didn’t have any help from the rest of the team.

Not sure why we didn’t press hard this game considering how much we turned them over last time we played.

Figueroa and Caraher turnstiles on D last night.

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2020, 08:40:47 AM »
Dunn's defense was also horrible last night. He couldn't keep anyone in front of him.

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2020, 09:49:46 AM »
Fans should have been optimistic
Optimism is utterly incompatible with St. John's fandom.
and root for wins
I for one sure am

and hope for NIT?
Can't get pumped over Nit prospects.

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2020, 10:01:57 AM »
yea Carmine your right ......Must be tough knowing that we had 3 NBA players on Mullin's teams and we didnt even make the NIT once and backed our way into dance with 2 NBA players.....and a team with "NIT Prospects" are 1 win away from tying Mullin's year 3 record in Year 1.

But yea keep defending the GOAT!!!! 

Foad

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2020, 11:27:07 AM »
Is there a reason you guys just come on this board and bash the team and coach?

I do it because your tears are delicious.

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »
yea Carmine your right ......Must be tough knowing that we had 3 NBA players on Mullin's teams and we didnt even make the NIT once and backed our way into dance with 2 NBA players.....and a team with "NIT Prospects" are 1 win away from tying Mullin's year 3 record in Year 1.

But yea keep defending the GOAT!!!! 

Who are these three NBA players? Do you understand the G-League is not the NBA?

Marillac

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2020, 11:31:57 AM »
+1

On a board of maybe 10 everyday posters, to devote this amount of time and effort, for what?

Why any of us devote time and effort to St. John’s basketball is a mystery. At least some of us get to make fun of delusional nice persons in the process.

Two more wins for the NIT baby. 6-14 is attainable! It’s amazing what a good coach can do.

Butler was picked to finish way higher than us at #8. We had no chance!