DePaul Game

• 131 replies

Re: DePaul Game
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2014, 05:42:35 AM »
Also, got a question for anybody thats in the know: What is Keady's role in all of this? Does he not really contribute all that much, or does Lavin ignore it? You would think that having a somewhat legendary coach by your side, easy to fix "blunders" would not be happening time and time again. At least Keady's ability to look at various players and tell Lav's that they aren't contributing.

Maybe he's the genius behind the "hoist midrange jumpers" tactic. Those were all the rage in the 70's.

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2014, 06:08:06 AM »
It's beginning to look a lot like the Norm Roberts ERROR!  ::)   For those saying Lavin isn't going anywhere that's what some continued to maintain about Norm. If things continue to go south and recruiting falls off Lavin may leave of his own accord to spare the embarrassment of being a BE bottom feeder. Of course he will spin leaving in his own inimitable way. Lavin is a born salesman who came out of the womb selling umbilical cords and bottled afterbirth!

If you were Lavin, would you walk away from the SJU salary?  He'll never get that again.

As he said earlier in the year, you expect to get fired as a coach.  And he will stick it out until precisely that happens.  Since SJU is not exactly an institution that will gladly eat the rest of his contract, I can't foresee a new coach next season.

pmg911

« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2014, 06:58:43 AM »
Why the pass to Hooper for a 3 when all we needed was a 2 for the tie.  Jordan should have taken it all the way to the basket and hit a layup or draw a foul.

What are the chances that's exactly what the used car salesman drew up in their final timeout

During the timeout before the Sanchez 3 from the corner Lavin didn't use a whiteboard, I can tell you that.

That shot was brutal. There was a lot of time on the shot clock too - dumb play by Sanchez there

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
I truly believed this team would have easily made the NCAA tournament and was a legitimate shot to get to the sweet 16.  On January 15th we are faced with getting in only if we win the Big East tournament.  Haven't been this low since Norm.

PS - for all those sainting Dunlap - although his basketball iq was high., the players were not happy playing for him.

Moose

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »
I truly believed this team would have easily made the NCAA tournament and was a legitimate shot to get to the sweet 16.  On January 15th we are faced with getting in only if we win the Big East tournament.  Haven't been this low since Norm.

PS - for all those sainting Dunlap - although his basketball iq was high., the players were not happy playing for him.

Harrison loved Dunlap.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:10 AM »
Dom was ready to pack

Moose

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »
Dom was ready to pack

And just think.  Since Dunlap left he has turned into a punching technical machine :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

TONYD3

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
Also, got a question for anybody thats in the know: What is Keady's role in all of this? Does he not really contribute all that much, or does Lavin ignore it? You would think that having a somewhat legendary coach by your side, easy to fix "blunders" would not be happening time and time again. At least Keady's ability to look at various players and tell Lav's that they aren't contributing.
I dont think keady does al that much. saw him in the lobby of MSG half hour before a game last year socializing

pmg911

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2014, 11:14:53 AM »
Anyone who thinks these kids and this team were better off with out Dunlap around really does not know basketball.

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2014, 11:27:16 AM »

Who cares?? This isn't sleepaway camp.  You don't think Jim Calhoun's players thought he was a pain in the a$$??  What matters is that they RESPECT their coach and they improve.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »
I dont think keady does al that much. saw him in the lobby of MSG half hour before a game last year socializing

Keady is half a sleep on the bench and is pulling in a very nice paycheck living in Manhattan with a personal driver all because of Lavin so I highly doubt he steps on his toes or does to much.  He is there more as friend and support.  I don't think Keady being on the staff can be used anymore as a selling point to recruits because he seems useless or has lost it because I wonder how Lavin can be so bad with him sitting next to him.  Keady was a head coach for a long time and he knows who the boss is. 

This programs biggest hit was when Dunlap left.  Who cares if these huge ego recruits didn't like him he made them all better players.  That's the problem with this team every kid thinks they are so great because they were a TOP 100 player but we are learning fast that doesn't mean squat.

How in the world was Branch a top 50 player anywhere?.....he must of been playing the worst competition at his prep school.

And why does every single one of our recruits have to be a prep player?????
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:39:46 AM by LavNeeds2go »