DePaul

• 169 replies
Re: DePaul
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2017, 11:46:18 PM »
Ellison had 0 turnovers in 37 minutes today. Just saw that on the stats, he is improving finally.

Also I wouldn't worry about Yakwe. Mullin is actually giving out well proportioned big man minutes. He's averaging 2 minutes less per game this season than last year. He was good in the wins over Syracuse and Butler. Today just wasn't his day.

Ellison also had 8 assists, impressive

Actually, I thought Ellison may have played his best game to date.  Ellison is a decent player when plays within himself.  There are too many times, he doesn't play within himself and screws up.  He could end up being a solid, four year player for us, as he continues to improve and know his limitations.

I feel like he is a kangaroo with the basketball. He can either dunk on someone's head, kick the ball into the 20th row, or knock his own front teeth out while dribbling
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:48:29 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2017, 11:46:49 PM »
Ellison had 0 turnovers in 37 minutes today. Just saw that on the stats, he is improving finally.

Also I wouldn't worry about Yakwe. Mullin is actually giving out well proportioned big man minutes. He's averaging 2 minutes less per game this season than last year. He was good in the wins over Syracuse and Butler. Today just wasn't his day.

Actually, I thought Ellison may have played his best game to date.  Ellison is a decent player when plays within himself.  There are too many times, he doesn't play within himself and screws up.  He could end up being a solid, four year player for us, as he continues to improve and know his limitations.

I think the opposite. I think he can do more. Needs to work more to have more confidence and consistency to do those things.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2017, 11:51:21 PM »

Ellison has been improving. I compared his game to DJ last summer and I think they have a lot in common now. Ellison is defending, he's rebounding and he's playing within himself. As a 3rd or 4th option on offense he can be really good. Just like DJ was in 10/11.

« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »

I feel like he is a kangaroo with the basketball. He can either dunk on someone's head, kick the ball into the 20th row, or knock his own front teeth out while dribbling

For some reason, I got the image of the kangaroo from the "Looney Tunes" cartoons.  The one whom "Sylvester the Cat" use to think was a big rat. 

Marillac

« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »

At least half were dumpoffs or handoffs for treys. Still, he played a very good game.

Your point??

Context.

« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2017, 11:55:41 PM »

I think he has less limitations than we currently think. He has shown a pretty nice shooting stroke at times this year and there is still more there in regards to slashing and finishing at the rim.

Not sure he will ever be a guy to completely take over a game like we have seen Lovett and Ponds do this year, but he may end up as the most versatile of the bunch.

« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2017, 01:28:20 AM »
RF - invisible today but expected now and then with freshmen

He missed a three; was the defender of record on two Depaul threes; then turned the ball over on an ugly pass - all in the span of two minutes.  Then, rightfully so, never got of the bench again.

I would say that in fact he was highly visible.  Just not in a good way.

« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »

At least half were dumpoffs or handoffs for treys. Still, he played a very good game.

Your point??

Context.

Assists are assists. Points are points. He was making the right the decision.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »
RF - invisible today but expected now and then with freshmen

He missed a three; was the defender of record on two Depaul threes; then turned the ball over on an ugly pass - all in the span of two minutes.  Then, rightfully so, never got of the bench again.

I would say that in fact he was highly visible.  Just not in a good way.

Yes that was a mercy benching by Mullin

Poison

« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »

Your point??

Context.

Assists are assists. Points are points. He was making the right the decision.

His assists were incredibly helpful but we'd like more flash. More showtime. Why does he always have to look at the player when he drops off a pass? Can't he no look that shit? Also, why do our players wear spandex?