« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »
Can we beat them in Jersey?

Why can't we?

Poison

Re: Game 21: Seton Hall
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »

Why can't we?

Gotta stop Delgado. Take it to him early, and get him in foul trouble.

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »
Help on Delgado early, and don't let Carrington get going.

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »
It's going to be a war as usual. I'll be making my way over the GW, as should anyone else who doesn't have plans on Sunday afternoon.
Section 3
Section 116

redslope

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 06:37:42 PM »
I don't think wearing a Ranger jersey will help--they are desperate for a win (or should be)

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 08:04:50 PM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:09:16 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
I don't think wearing a Ranger jersey will help--they are desperate for a win (or should be)

Shouldn't we be desperate too, try to get as many wins as possible after last years horrible season?

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »
Seton Hall is a tough underrated team.  We played them tough last year and they lost their best player and our top four were not here.  Hopefully it's a good competitive game.

MCNPA

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Make em beat us from the outside.  Delgado is the guy that opens up everything for them.

derk

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 03:45:45 PM »
Any word on RF for this game. Has he fallen into the abyss ? Saw him in his SJU t'shirt for Nova. I know he was nursing an injury but this kid is turning into Porzingas.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »
Any word on RF for this game. Has he fallen into the abyss ? Saw him in his SJU t'shirt for Nova. I know he was nursing an injury but this kid is turning into Porzingas.

The word unfortunately is stinks

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 05:26:54 PM »

Better athlete then max hooper. (Still not a good one). Not as good of a shooter. Max was a 2 star player. Richard for some reason was a 4 star player. A huge part of the rivals rankings is determined by how big and athletic the athlete is .

1-5 Georgetown is a terrible matchup for us . In two years their PF is still going to be to strong for Richard and their 3 is going to still be to quick.

Creighton  in McDermott the player's senior year had PF who wasn't athletic . Forgot his name, but he was an excellent shooter and could play post defense. He was also bigger then Richard. Still athletic teams gave him trouble.

I think Richard was way over rated out of HS. A 4 star player should be an impact freshman . Especially on our team. He does not look like a big east athlete.

goredmen

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »

Better athlete then max hooper. (Still not a good one). Not as good of a shooter. Max was a 2 star player. Richard for some reason was a 4 star player. A huge part of the rivals rankings is determined by how big and athletic the athlete is .

1-5 Georgetown is a terrible matchup for us . In two years their PF is still going to be to strong for Richard and their 3 is going to still be to quick.

Creighton  in McDermott the player's senior year had PF who wasn't athletic . Forgot his name, but he was an excellent shooter and could play post defense. He was also bigger then Richard. Still athletic teams gave him trouble.

I think Richard was way over rated out of HS. A 4 star player should be an impact freshman . Especially on our team. He does not look like a big east athlete.

Relax. Not everybody lights it up in their freshman year. He has to adjust to a completely new style of play and adjust to the speed of the game as well. He may never materialize into a Big East player but it's still way too early to make that determination

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 06:23:43 PM »

Relax. Not everybody lights it up in their freshman year. He has to adjust to a completely new style of play and adjust to the speed of the game as well. He may never materialize into a Big East player but it's still way too early to make that determination
Very relaxed. What position does he guard?

goredmen

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »

Very relaxed. What position does he guard?

Right now he can't guard a fire hydrant. That doesn't mean he won't turn into a capable defender by his junior year. He's 6-9 and has the athletic potential to guard 3s in the future

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 12:44:09 AM »

Again....  I don't get the "terrible" matchup talk when it comes to Georgetown.  I recall a few posters saying the same during the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons, respectively, after Georgetown beat us in DC.  Then, we beat the breaks off the Hoyas by 22 and 11 (which, wasn't even that close) at MSG in those seasons.

It's made to look like a bad matchup by how we play in DC and/or how we may attempt to play 'em (as, in style).  They're not so, much of the bad matchup, as some make it. 

As far, as Freudenberg is concerned....  Not all freshmen, even if highly-regarded, come out of the gates smoking.  It's a bit appalling how a few of y'all take a shite on some of your own players.  I've been watching this game for a long, long time, and I'd cut Freudenberg some slack until it's quite visibile he can't play on this level.  He may not be able to contribute on high-major level, but don't count him out after his first season. 

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:14 AM »

Disagree with this comment. I happened to be reading an old SI article from a few months ago which talked about the success of incoming freshman. I can't remember it word for word. However, it stated that only the players rated in the top 10 have a great success rate as being an "Impact" player their first year. 10 to 20 it drops. 20 to 50 it drops further. 50-100 it's only about 13%. Last time I checked, I think RF landed in that 50-100 category if that.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 01:42:50 AM »
As far, as Freudenberg is concerned....  Not all freshmen, even if highly-regarded, come out of the gates smoking.  It's a bit appalling how a few of y'all take a shite on some of your own players.

It's what we do here at JJ...Eat our young. 

Look at the way in recent memory Fellini, Ellison and even Sima were destroyed following less than stellar freshmen campaigns.  It's pathetic.