DePaul predictions

• 156 replies

TONYD3

Re: DePaul predictions
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »
Still a long way for this season, but it's likely we finish worse than last season, and now you have to wonder what the administration will do. 

Here is my idea....  It's highly likely we miss out on the NIT.  If that happens, you have to move on, considering the season's expectations. 

If they do bring him back after missing the NIT, then you force his hand and tell him he has to make changes to his staff.  He'll probably buck like a wild bronco, and resign.

So, you either fire him or force his hand, which I think will make him resign.
Whoever hired him should have made him hire an experienced staff. Our new AD should have made him do it last year. Both of those guys should be fired as well. Richmond and st. Jean are parts of the problem. However, They shouldn’t be scapegoated now.

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2018, 04:03:39 PM »
Still a long way for this season, but it's likely we finish worse than last season, and now you have to wonder what the administration will do. 

Here is my idea....  It's highly likely we miss out on the NIT.  If that happens, you have to move on, considering the season's expectations. 

If they do bring him back after missing the NIT, then you force his hand and tell him he has to make changes to his staff.  He'll probably buck like a wild bronco, and resign.

Think it’s really early for firing talks for CM.

I said, if we miss out on the NIT.  Frankly, it's very, possible we miss out on the NIT.

wpc77

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2018, 04:04:10 PM »
That's a wrap on this season. I will go to the duke game and that's that.  See you in the Fall.

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2018, 04:04:29 PM »

No, I disagree. Don't force hand. Forcing it is a reactionary response. Let him evaluate and make his own choices.   Making him resign would be automatically mire the program in mediocrity for another 15 years.  Next year, with talent coming in, we have a real chance.  This year, yes, the bench was thin; but they got hosed by the that one kid transferring to CT, and LoVette getting injured for all these crucial games.   You have those two kids, and the outlook on the season is so much better.

A regime change is not the answer. All the kids coming in next year would leave, and we will suck for another 15 years.
Patience is the answer.  This year is lost.  Just tune it out and focus on baseball.

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2018, 04:04:48 PM »

Whoever hired him should have made him hire an experienced staff. Our new AD should have made him do it last year. Both of those guys should be fired as well. Richmond and st. Jean are parts of the problem. However, They shouldn’t be scapegoated now.

Both or one of 'em should be gone.  But, they shouldn't be scapegoated.

Marillac

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »
Let Lovett walk at season's end (or before). Replace him with a tough NYC PG that will play every game even if at a lower level. Force Mullin to add an X's and O's coach to the staff, and send Matt A to some coaching clinics or let him go.

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2018, 04:05:32 PM »

I said, if we miss out on the NIT.  Frankly, it's very, possible we miss out on the NIT.

Even if they miss out on NIT, no way you force his hand. The let top man make his own evaluations after the season.

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »
NIT is meaningless.

Really was a Mullin guy but too much repeat crap.

This staff is flawed....from top down.

Dan

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »

Wouldn't say really early. Just early. If this season continues on this trajectory it's fair to discuss. I never expected it to go this south this quickly

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2018, 04:06:46 PM »
Let Lovett walk at season's end (or before). Replace him with a tough NYC PG that will play every game even if at a lower level. Force Mullin to add an X's and O's coach to the staff, and send Matt A to some coaching clinics or let him go.

No on LoVett.
X & O - can't disagree with that; but let coach make his own evaluation.
Matt A - he's doing his job.

Dan

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2018, 04:07:07 PM »
No way they fire CM after one disappointing year though,  they'll give him one more shot

Dan

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2018, 04:07:47 PM »
Matt A is the only person that seems to be doing his job well

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »
Matt A...ace recruiter left us a big man short this year. We all knew we needed another big.

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »

No, I disagree. Don't force hand. Forcing it is a reactionary response. Let him evaluate and make his own choices.   Making him resign would be automatically mire the program in mediocrity for another 15 years.  Next year, with talent coming in, we have a real chance.  This year, yes, the bench was thin; but they got hosed by the that one kid transferring to CT, and LoVette getting injured for all these crucial games.   You have those two kids, and the outlook on the season is so much better.

A regime change is not the answer. All the kids coming in next year would leave, and we will suck for another 15 years.
Patience is the answer.  This year is lost.  Just tune it out and focus on baseball.

Let me ask you this....  Are you seeing improvement? 

There's no discipline, unorganized offense, defense relies too often on steals, hardly any in-game adjustments, etc. 

Based on this season expectations, and missing out on the NIT, which is a real possibility, then you have to think of the recommendations I've put forth. 

As, I stated before....  I saw some of this stuff his first season.  Guess what?  Most of it still exists.  So, tell me who's learning (rhetorical)?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:12:55 PM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »

No on LoVett.

Do you watch Matt A during games? He's clueless and not involved at at all. That Italian secretary is more of a coach.

Marillac

« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
Matt A...ace recruiter left us a big man short this year. We all knew we needed another big.

And two guards short. We have one kid that can dribble the basketball below his chin.

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
No way they fire CM after one disappointing year though,  they'll give him one more shot

He's not getting fired.

But this experiment has been a big F at this point.  I mean seriously Providence and DePaul are not Xavier and  Villanova.  And you give up 90+ and get waxed by both at Carnesecca in year 3???.

I don't know what to say....

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
How can anyone on here say that Mullin deserved another year. What is he doing to warrant that? There is zero improvement, no basketball iq displayed and the team plays street ball. Look at teams who brought in new coaches this year and last. Guys like holy man and wade already making strides in year one. Mullin gets pass last two years but in year 3, we are no better than year one.

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »
Sorry holtman

TONYD3

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »

No on LoVett.

Do you watch Matt A during games? He's clueless and not involved at at all. That Italian secretary is more of a coach.
That is completely true. He is a statue. Even still, think he is the only assistant doing his job.