If you need to win 1 game ..

• 47 replies
Re: If you need to win 1 game ..
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2018, 11:07:29 PM »
Hahah I couldn’t help but think of this scene from Black Sheep.
You can skip to 1:50 if for some reason you don’t want to laugh for 2 1/2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/KKN6JJYIWWY
that was absolutely hilarious !!!! When he was on SNL he used to crack me up on that show also

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
that was absolutely hilarious !!!! When he was on SNL he used to crack me up on that show also

RIP. We could use him. A big man who knew his role.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2018, 09:37:00 AM »
Anthony Glover was a 5* recruit rated higher than anyone we have now,

False. Heron was RCSI #18, Glover was 23.

#18 Heron
#23 Glover
#28 Ingram
#30 Simon
#36 Ponds
#52 Diakete
#63 Cuffe

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/awards/rsci-recruit-rankings-1998.html

and I think he lived up to that billing in college all things considered. He redshirted on an Elite 8 team and started on a Big East championship team as a freshman.

I'm not going to say anything bad about Glover but he was a 6'6" center playing against e.g. Emeka Okafor.

Elijah Ingram was a McDonald's All-American who averaged double digits on a tournament team. Cuffe, Shaw, and Diakate were all top 75 recruits. While it's safe to say Diakate didn't live up to his #52 ranking, I think Shaw and Cuffe did.

Yeah, you don't believe that, you're saying that because it plays into your I-loved-Ponds-more-than-anybody-first inner dialogue. Diakete was a joke. Kyle Cuffe e.g. was one of the softest players SJ ever had and if there had been a JJ back then you've had spent more time trashing him than you did trashing Dom Pointer, whose scholarship was the worst SJ's ever wasted. Unranked Willie Shaw averaged 6 points a game and shot 25 percent from three on the NCAA team before his career impoded. Ingram had a respectable career but nowhere near what you'd expect from a top 30 recruit: Allan Ray, Brandon Roy, Jarett Jack, Gerry McNamarra, Randy Foye, Deron Williams, and Taquan Dean were all ranked lower and all had markedly better careers.

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2018, 12:47:33 PM »
Are you sure about that?

"I am known as the president of the Ponds fan club, but I don't like the way he looks this season."

"He needs to show A LOT more."

"I'd like to announce my new favorite player is Heron and Figureroa is coming up quickly behind"

C'mon Carmine you don't believe that thread was 100% serious do you? I wanted to setup up a few of the forum contrarians by forcing myself to find the smallest flaws in his game. I caught WASJU who even complimented Ponds' shooting! WASJU has a career 99.5% record of opposing Marillac posts.

Nobody puts my Ponds in the corner--unless it's to hit a game-wining three.

Ponds over anyone, ever. The only guard that can trump him in some situations is Erick Barkley.

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »
C'mon Carmine you don't believe that thread was 100% serious do you? I wanted to setup up a few of the forum contrarians by forcing myself to find the smallest flaws in his game. I caught WASJU who even complimented Ponds' shooting! WASJU has a career 99.5% record of opposing Marillac posts.

Nobody puts my Ponds in the corner--unless it's to hit a game-wining three.

Ponds over anyone, ever. The only guard that can trump him in some situations is Erick Barkley.

Good work.  Very deceptive.  You fooled me.

I don't have a most favorite player yet on this year's team.  I'm waiting for you guys to choose one for me.

Foad

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »
I don't have a most favorite player yet on this year's team.  I'm waiting for you guys to choose one for me.

For the love of god Eddie Mush, pick one of the walk-ons, you have shit taste in basketball players. Jay Camus, think of all the stupid nick names you could think up, it's a no brainer.

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2018, 10:09:22 PM »
For the love of god Eddie Mush, pick one of the walk-ons, you have shit taste in basketball players. Jay Camus, think of all the stupid nick names you could think up, it's a no brainer.

I got it - "The Stranger"

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
Eugene Lawrence or Ricky Torres