Departures and Arrivals Thread

• 189 replies

Johnny23

Re: Departures and Arrivals Thread
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
You put far to much emphasis on the coach’s role in a player’s development.

Ponds from year one to year two improved as much as anyone I’ve ever seen, but that doesn’t fit your narrative.

C'mon for someone who has coached as you claim coaching has a huge impact on player development or the opposite in Mullin's case. These kids this past season were so severely under coached that I actually felt bad for them. As has been stated ad nauseum a million times, the window was there for them to have a banner year and it did not happen. Hell they didn't even finish .500 in a way down BE which was insane. I don't want to talk about Mullin anymore. A great figure in SJU bball lore. I'm just happy Anderson's here.

« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2019, 01:13:50 PM »
That is where your post should have ended. Everything after that is pure conjecture and a minority view at that.

Or as viewed by the ncaa, the 4th best team in the BE.

You do understand that you and carmine are just two different sides of the same coin right?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »
Or as viewed by the ncaa, the 4th best team in the BE.

You do understand that you and carmine are just two different sides of the same coin right?

And we all know the NCAA has an impeccable track record on selection Sunday, tongue firmly in cheek. I'm glad they made the tourney but based on their erratic play, the committee could have left them out and it wouldn't have been a major snub.

Marillac

« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2019, 01:39:22 PM »
C'mon for someone who has coached as you claim coaching has a huge impact on player development or the opposite in Mullin's case. These kids this past season were so severely under coached that I actually felt bad for them. As has been stated ad nauseum a million times, the window was there for them to have a banner year and it did not happen. Hell they didn't even finish .500 in a way down BE which was insane. I don't want to talk about Mullin anymore. A great figure in SJU bball lore. I'm just happy Anderson's here.

Unrealistic expectations. We didn’t have a second ball-handler. Nova had five. We don’t have a big man. The only chance we had to win was Clark scoring 15+ to make up for the disaster we had in the front court.

People predicted 20-24 wins expecting Keita to be decent. He was the worst big man we’ve EVER had and nobody adjusted their totals after that was clear. Keita was unimaginably bad. I was caught completely off guard.

Foad

« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2019, 01:56:59 PM »
He was the worst big man we’ve EVER had

Yeah no, not even close.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2019, 02:04:21 PM »
Yeah no, not even close.

Tomas Jasiulionis, Dele Coker and that big british stiff?

« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2019, 08:56:52 PM »
That is where your post should have ended. Everything after that is pure conjecture and a minority view at that.
I wrote this after you said my post should have ended . "4 teams danced including us." Is that conjecture and a minority view?

It really does appear that you are completely incapable of distinguishing between truth and lies.

QuanMan

« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »
Another recent TJ follow:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066777/troy-baxter-jr

Jon Rothstein

Verified account

@JonRothstein
 23h
23 hours ago

More
Troy Baxter tells me that he plans to transfer. Was at Florida Gulf Coast last season.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »

Jon Rothstein

Verified account

@JonRothstein
 23h
23 hours ago

More
Troy Baxter tells me that he plans to transfer. Was at Florida Gulf Coast last season.
I really hope we get involved with Baxter.  He was originally a top 100 4 star recruit (247 had him at 74). Super athlete who can play some D. I think he could look great in CMA's running and gunning style of play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt-KNGGBlyg
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:22:06 PM by colelatshaw2010 »

derk

« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »

I don't think this is who you mean but I'll throw his name in anyway. Phil Wait. How about Richard Ellington. Just making that one up but I think it's closer to the guy you mean.

« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2019, 06:42:09 PM »
I don't think this is who you mean but I'll throw his name in anyway. Phil Wait. How about Richard Ellington. Just making that one up but I think it's closer to the guy you mean.
Mohammed Diakite...Curtis Johnson had the one game v ND...Jack Wolfinger

« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2019, 10:18:31 PM »

Jon Rothstein

Verified account

@JonRothstein
 23h
23 hours ago

More

Baxter was recruited by CMA at Arkansas, so they know each other.

Poison

« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2019, 12:37:14 AM »
Rutgers’ Omoruyi is transferring.

Poison

« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2019, 07:54:10 AM »

Hey, lay off Phil Wait. He made a great pass once in an actual game.

Jasiloines was terrible. Coker was terrible. Many forget Tom Bayne who seemed to move like he was in an iPhone slo-mo video. Mike Menefield was on par with Coker. Similar I’d say. Ed “The Rebound” Brown was pretty bad, but he was pretty heavy when he got here.

TONYD3

« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2019, 09:13:36 AM »
Tom bayne had trouble walking into a classroom.

« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2019, 09:22:50 AM »

Jasiloines was terrible. Coker was terrible. Many forget Tom Bayne who seemed to move like he was in an iPhone slo-mo video. Mike Menefield was on par with Coker. Similar I’d say. Ed “The Rebound” Brown was pretty bad, but he was pretty heavy when he got here.
I saw Dele Coker one time in montgoris eating a mound of mashed potatoes that was the size of my head. Most impressive thing I ever saw him do at SJU.

Foad

« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2019, 09:24:32 AM »
a mound of mashed potatoes that was the size of my head

Seeing that, was it like looking the mirror?

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2019, 10:37:00 AM »

Are you talking about Phil "Velcroed to the floor" Wait?

« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2019, 12:02:18 PM »
Baxter was recruited by CMA at Arkansas, so they know each other.
Good inside info Hogwood.  Thanks.  It's great having you Arkansas folks contributing here.

Marillac

« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2019, 12:11:37 PM »
I really hope we get involved with Baxter.  He was originally a top 100 4 star recruit (247 had him at 74). Super athlete who can play some D. I think he could look great in CMA's running and gunning style of play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt-KNGGBlyg

Only if he’s immediately eligibile. He’s already 23 and he’s been to two colleges that I can see and committed to another (USF) before that. You can’t trust a kid like that to sit and play a year+ later.