UCONN TO THE BIG EAST

• 168 replies

Poison

Re: UCONN TO THE BIG EAST
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2019, 09:21:49 PM »
Farrakhan is truly the scum of the Earth.

He’s scum yes, but he’s no scummier than Trump.

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2019, 11:09:11 PM »
He’s scum yes, but he’s no scummier than Trump.
Truer words were never spoken.

Marillac

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2019, 11:50:03 AM »
Your feeble mind can’t grasp the concept of cause and effect. You don’t even know what the definition of racist is. As far as what I conceptualize is that my forefathers were Kings building pyramids. How is your “reverse engineering” coming along with that?

DNA evidence has proven ancient Egyptians were related to modern day Turkish and Europeans. So what exactly did your forefathers build? I encourage you to look into Gobekli Tepe. Don’t you find it strange that the only part of Africa that built anything of note was the far north in an area that was in the most contact with Europeans and Asians?

And you clearly don’t grasp the concept of a king. There is one king to thousands of subjects. The chances your bloodline is traced to a king is somewhere between slim and none.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:57:58 AM by Marillac »

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2019, 02:28:20 PM »
You are right that it is genetics that makes the difference .. Homo sapiens sapiens are one of the most genetically homogenous species we know of. While there is a lot of genetic variation in humanity, but it's basically at the individual level. The between-population variation is very, very minor so as to make race an invalid issue (a British creation), it's almost random assignments.

If there was systemic and institutional racism still then we should expect "whites" to dominate all so-called races. Yet the highest income earning ethnic group is Asians (those Chinese and South Asians) in America ... how did they sneak past? ;)

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »
You are right that it is genetics that makes the difference .. Homo sapiens sapiens are one of the most genetically homogenous species we know of. While there is a lot of genetic variation in humanity, but it's basically at the individual level. The between-population variation is very, very minor so as to make race an invalid issue (a British creation), it's almost random assignments.

If there was systemic and institutional racism still then we should expect "whites" to dominate all so-called races. Yet the highest income earning ethnic group is Asians (those Chinese and South Asians) in America ... how did they sneak past? ;)

Amazing to observe the convergence of climate change denial and racism denial on a college basketball message board.  You might want to stick to 4chan.

SJUFAN

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »
Don’t you find it strange that the only part of Africa that built anything of note was the far north in an area that was in the most contact with Europeans and Asians?

Holy shit! Are you suggesting that Egyptian technology came from Europe? What architectural feet existed in Europe 5000 years ago that would even remotely give credence to that asinine comment?

Oh and DNA evidence may show you, and many others, are related to sub-Saharan Africans...what’s your point?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:35:00 PM by SJUFAN »

SJUFAN

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2019, 03:39:25 PM »
Amazing to observe the convergence of climate change denial and racism denial on a college basketball message board.  You might want to stick to 4chan.

What is the nexus of racism denial?

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2019, 04:03:54 PM »
What is the nexus of racism denial?

I am arguing that race is a social construct and not a biological one. That is, there needs to be statistically significant variation in genetics to qualify race as a valid issue in homo sapiens sapiens.  It does not exist. Oh and by the way, the climate is always changing ;) 

Foad

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »

I don't think anyone is arguing that there's no such thing as racism. The argument concerns what racism comprises.

Speaking of man made climate change, can you explain why there are aquatic and plant fossils in the Arctic and Antarctica Ice? Was it the result of emissions from Fred Flinstone's SUV? 

cjfish

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2019, 06:22:15 PM »
I don't think anyone is arguing that there's no such thing as racism. The argument concerns what racism comprises.

Speaking of man made climate change, can you explain why there are aquatic and plant fossils in the Arctic and Antarctica Ice? Was it the result of emissions from Fred Flinstone's SUV?

Yes I can explain. Over the eons the position on the poles has changed dramatically

Foad

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »
Yes I can explain. Over the eons the position on the poles has changed dramatically

So in other words what nice persons call "climate change" has nothing to do with carbon emissions or the industrial revolution or other man made forces and has everything to do with immutable cosmic forces over which homo sapiens has absolutely no effect or control. Thanks for playing dummy.

redslope

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2019, 07:43:00 PM »
I thought this was a SJU basketball discussion site.  All this Bull Spit ain't.  Since is so far OFF TOPIC--why not move it to "OFF TOPIC" and then it can continue unabated as it is turning a lot of people off.  I have strong political opinions BUT I always thought this site that Dave created was a good place to get away from them.  This diatribe is ruining the main purpose of this site and making it unreadable and irrelevant.

SJUFAN

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2019, 08:18:25 PM »
So in other words what nice persons call "climate change" has nothing to do with carbon emissions or the industrial revolution or other man made forces and has everything to do with immutable cosmic forces over which homo sapiens has absolutely no effect or control. Thanks for playing dummy.

Your point, which I agree with, that climate change can and does occur naturally does not eliminate the possibility of it also occurring through man made forces.

cjfish

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2019, 08:22:53 PM »
I don't often LOL, but LOL.

Woodrow Wilson segregated the government. FDR appointed former KKK member Hugo Black to the supreme court. Harry Truman was a member of the KKK. Robert Byrd ("There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time.") was an Exalted Cyclops of the KKK. David Duke - KKK Grand Wizard - won the democratic vice presidential primary in New Hampshire in 1988. George Wallace ("segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever"): democrat. Fire hose Bull Connor: democrat. Theodore Bilbo ("By the denial of social equality to the Negro, the barriers between the races are firm and strong.": democrat. Albert Gore Sr., voted against the civil rights
 act, passed by republicans: democrat. William Fulbright
 - Bill Clinton's mentor - who filibustered for three months the Civil Rights Act of 1964: democrat.  Louis Farrakhan, "Hitler was a very great man": democrat. Likely nominee Hairplugs Biden: 'the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean": democrat.  And finally the great Lyndon Baines Johnson, on the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: ""I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

And that's when they weren't making common cause with Stalin, the greatest mass murderer of all time.
LOL

lol back at you. You point out disgraceful southerners who were dixixcrats, more racist than even republicans. As for LBJ he was a crude man to everyone, not just blacks, and a master legislator who got it done. Many people in the southern states rubbed elbows with the KKK but were not members. Do you have access to their membership lists?  Don’t believe everything you read online in right wing sites fool. If you don’t think LBJ was one of the most important civil rights you don’t know your history. The liberal elite, starting with JFK, are who got it done. Republicans have opposed all civil rights agendas since FDR.   lol

I said

Foad

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2019, 08:40:48 PM »
I said

Nothing of interest and in the meanwhile learn to use the quote function.

Foad

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2019, 08:44:43 PM »
Your point, which I agree with, that climate change can and does occur naturally does not eliminate the possibility of it also occurring through man made forces.

Yes, perhaps climate change has something to do with the climate changing, which does not eliminate the possibility of climate change being caused by the Easter Bunny. Hopefully the next administration addresses the dangers of colored eggs and chocolate jesuses.

cjfish

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2019, 09:06:02 PM »
I don't often LOL, but LOL.

Woodrow Wilson segregated the government. FDR appointed former KKK
member Hugo Black to the supreme court. Harry Truman was a member of the KKK. Robert Byrd ("There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time.") was an Exalted Cyclops of the KKK. David Duke - KKK Grand Wizard - won the democratic vice presidential primary in New Hampshire in 1988. George Wallace ("segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever"): democrat. Fire hose Bull Connor: democrat. Theodore Bilbo ("By the denial of social equality to the Negro, the barriers between the races are firm and strong.": democrat. Albert Gore Sr., voted against the civil rights act, passed by republicans: democrat. William Fulbright - Bill Clinton's mentor - who filibustered for three months the Civil Rights Act of 1964: democrat.  Louis Farrakhan, "Hitler was a very great man": democrat. Likely nominee Hairplugs Biden: 'the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean": democrat.  And finally the great Lyndon Baines Johnson, on the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: ""I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

And that's when they weren't making common cause with Stalin, the greatest mass murderer of all time.

LOL.
[/quote

Well lets try it again after a phone freak out. Short version. Like most rightwing republican fools you will make any irrational argument to support your position. jFK and LBJ created modern liberalism and the civil rights legislation they created set the tone for the the expansion of rights that followed. This legislation was the beginning of the end for the Dixiecrats you so lovingly mentioned. (They becameRepublicans) Republicans have done nothing to expand rights for minorities and currently are working hard to stifle the rights of women. By the way, do you have a membership list for theKKK or are you getting your information from the internet which is shady at best I’m done. Let’s talk hoops

Foad

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2019, 10:09:48 PM »
By the way, do you have a membership list for theKKK or are you getting your information from the internet which is shady at best

A, Jesus dummy, learn to figure out the quote function, it's one button. And B, yes dummy, I'm getting my information from the internet, the greatest learning tool devised by the mind of man since Gutenberg invented the printing press, from where everyone else gets their information. What do you do? Rely on your high school diploma to guide your traverse through hard copies of Richards Topical Almanac? Good grief.

"Truman refused at first, but paid the Klan's $10 membership fee, and a meeting with a Klan officer was arranged."

" [Hugo] Black, a Democrat, joined the Ku Klux Klan shortly afterwards, in order to gain votes from the anti-Catholic element in Alabama."

These are facts. The only people who don't believe them are liberal racists who can't believe that it turns out that they're racist liberals. That would be you. Welcome to the club. Unless you're Jewish, in which case don't bother applying.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:11:12 PM by Foad »

SJUFAN

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2019, 10:14:45 PM »
Yes, perhaps climate change has something to do with the climate changing, which does not eliminate the possibility of climate change being caused by the Easter Bunny. Hopefully the next administration addresses the dangers of colored eggs and chocolate jesuses.

1 point to me. Fine way to not address the point as usual. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration all agree that climate change is occurring and is almost certainly due to human activity.

Marillac

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2019, 10:23:02 PM »
Holy shit! Are you suggesting that Egyptian technology came from Europe? What architectural feet existed in Europe 5000 years ago that would even remotely give credence to that asinine comment?

Oh and DNA evidence may show you, and many others, are related to sub-Saharan Africans...what’s your point?

I have African DNA, yes, but that is separate from our discussion. Do you understand how DNA works?

The Pharaos—who were carefully preserved—have proven to be closely related to modern day Turkish and European people. You don’t think scientists can tell the difference between distant close and remote relatives? Keep clinging to that branch and denying science, King.

Also interesting is that all non sub-Saharan Africans have genetic admixture from Neanderthals and some even have genetic admixture from Denisovans. Sub-Saharan Africans have genetic admixture from at least one unknown extinct humanoid species.

And, yes, I am suggesting that the pyramids were built by non-Africans. That is throughly backed by science  and common sense. Gobekli Tepe was built in Tuekey 12,000 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:24:00 PM by Marillac »