UCONN TO THE BIG EAST

• 168 replies

SJUFAN

Re: UCONN TO THE BIG EAST
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2019, 09:22:47 PM »
Yeah no. You're one of those independents who's completely progressive but calls himself an independent to give his allegedly even minded opinions an air of independence. Whereas you're a doctrinaire liberal. Which party you support, the democrat party, is the party of slavery, segregation and sedition. Every civil rights advancement in the history of the united states was the result of conservative activism in the face of left wing recalcitrance. You and your racist fascist friends should at least have the balls to own your racism and fascism. It is after all your heritage.

Hmmmmmm... just because I point out facts on how social policy may have disproportionately impacted one group over another doesn’t mean I want higher taxes to help fund entitlement programs or feel the wealthy should be tarred and feathered and stripped of their wealth upon death. Two wrongs don’t make it right.

SJUFAN

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2019, 09:34:50 PM »
Is UConn moving to Haiti???

Lol back on topic. It strengthens our conference even if they should leave in a few years. The concern that they are a state school and have more resources than the other schools is not a issue for me. This concern wasn’t an issue in the old BE so it shouldn’t be now.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
According to a study by the American Library of Congress, by the end of the 18th century, there were about 40,000 white landowners, 25,000 black or interracial freedmen and 60,000 slaves in the Spanish colony, compared with approximately 30,000 whites, 27,000 freedmen, and at least 500,000 black slaves in its French counterpart. So to answer your question as to the difference? Black people.

More investment went into the Dominican Republic not so much for the dark side.

Your argument is a classic example of confirmation bias.  It works this way: you chose an answer and find the evidence to fit the answer while ignoring evidence that completely undermines that answer.

Haiti's problems are home grown period. Hopefully you are not a scientist ;)

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2019, 10:14:20 PM »
Lol back on topic. It strengthens our conference even if they should leave in a few years. The concern that they are a state school and have more resources than the other schools is not a issue for me. This concern wasn’t an issue in the old BE so it shouldn’t be now.

Wasn’t it the biggest issue?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2019, 11:18:26 PM »
On bended knee UCONN's exit fee is going to be crippling. They're not going anywhere imo, this is a long standing agreement, the exit fee will guarantee it.

More than anything as some have pointed out, reacquiring a 4 time NCAA champion will add to the conference's mystique. Gaining that history back will solidify the conference's standing nationally and most importantly will have a immeasurable impact within the tri state area. BET wknd will have that much more buzz. Rivalries renewed, aside from Syracuse you can't find a better addition towards a 11 team, 20 game season.

Lastly, the all important FOX contract renewal will give the Big East a much needed jolt in negotiations. Down the line when MSG contract is up UCONN's brand will help again as well.
Section 3
Section 116

SJUFAN

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2019, 12:33:14 AM »
Your argument is a classic example of confirmation bias.  It works this way: you chose an answer and find the evidence to fit the answer while ignoring evidence that completely undermines that answer.

Haiti's problems are home grown period. Hopefully you are not a scientist ;)

Well...you posed a question I responded. I haven’t heard any other position on the matter. By all means share yours.

Sure if they laced up their boot straps they would be better. But they didn’t, so now what? Wag your finger at them? Or instead of transferring Billions of wealth to the Chinese, how about building the education system, electrical, water, and sewer systems and moving some of those offshore jobs to Haiti? The laborers are there, if you teach them. It’s not as if they are incapable of learning. They were born into a world of hurt with know idea how to get out. Cost of labor is what prevents most of the infrastructure projects from occurring in the US, not in Haiti. They can’t just wake up and decide one morning that they’re gonna split the atom. They need to be taught.

We could convince the Haitien government to play along if we wanted to. It just doesn’t make much sense why this is not occurring. Consider even the international community...where is the United Nations? Why do they not receive true assistance? I believe it to be retaliatory for being the first true successful black revolution to form their own nation. Well at least from the Slave nations but now they suffer oppression from within. Can’t you imagine what those first 100 years must have been like? The industrial revolution past them by. The international community shut them out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:52:57 AM by SJUFAN »

SJUFAN

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2019, 12:36:22 AM »
Wasn’t it the biggest issue?

I’m not aware if there was an issue have you heard otherwise? To me I see it as private schools choosing not to pony up, not that they could’t.

SJUFAN

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2019, 01:44:49 AM »
On bended knee UCONN's exit fee is going to be crippling. They're not going anywhere imo, this is a long standing agreement, the exit fee will guarantee it.

More than anything as some have pointed out, reacquiring a 4 time NCAA champion will add to the conference's mystique. Gaining that history back will solidify the conference's standing nationally and most importantly will have a immeasurable impact within the tri state area. BET wknd will have that much more buzz. Rivalries renewed, aside from Syracuse you can't find a better addition towards a 11 team, 20 game season.

Lastly, the all important FOX contract renewal will give the Big East a much needed jolt in negotiations. Down the line when MSG contract is up UCONN's brand will help again as well.

The good outweighs the bad. Even if they left down the line it won’t change the economic lift their addition will bring the Big East.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:45:22 AM by SJUFAN »

Marillac

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2019, 12:13:59 PM »
LOL...it’s a analogy. Yes as a nation they could have done things better to help themselves. Doesn’t diminish the outside forces which contributes to the situation.

Don’t pull a muscle reaching for that easy virtue. What’s sad is people like you don’t even understand how racist you are. You have such low expectations for black people that you can only conceptualize their accomplishments and failings based on their association with whites and other races. They aren’t capable of independent action to you and your cohorts.

SJUFAN

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »
Don’t pull a muscle reaching for that easy virtue. What’s sad is people like you don’t even understand how racist you are. You have such low expectations for black people that you can only conceptualize their accomplishments and failings based on their association with whites and other races. They aren’t capable of independent action to you and your cohorts.

Your feeble mind can’t grasp the concept of cause and effect. You don’t even know what the definition of racist is. As far as what I conceptualize is that my forefathers were Kings building pyramids. How is your “reverse engineering” coming along with that?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:56:12 PM by SJUFAN »

derk

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »
what about their FB "dreams"???  Better be a big penalty if they want to leave again.

Women's BB gets big lift.

No should be a HUGE "entrance fee " to let them back in as well as loss of schollies. F... em

Foad

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »
Why do they not receive true assistance? I believe it to be retaliatory for being the first true successful black revolution to form their own nation. […] The international community shut them out.

Haiti has received 13 billion dollars in aid since 2010, which is not true assistance, it's retaliatory, because the international community shut them out, because racism.

SJUFAN

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2019, 02:54:43 AM »
Haiti has received 13 billion dollars in aid since 2010, which is not true assistance, it's retaliatory, because the international community shut them out, because racism.

Haiti received 13 billion? Haiti RECEIVED it? Does that figure include the contributions from the Clinton Foundation as well? Its been well documented the earmarks for projects that never were completed or even started. The times wrote an article on the Red Cross and the reported $500 million the spent. They had brochures depicting housing that they built but when you actually went there it was a hoax. Nothing was built. Its not true assistance. It’s journal entries in a ledger and tax write offs, but that money wasn’t injected into the Haitien economy. So yes it’s racism. 

Foad

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2019, 08:29:32 AM »
Haiti received 13 billion? Haiti RECEIVED it?

Yes, Haiti received it, Haiti received it. I'm going to get the papers get the papers.

"The international community, led by the United States and the United Nations, mounted an unprecedented humanitarian response in Haiti, with donors pledging approximately $10,400,000,000 for humanitarian relief and recovery efforts, including debt relief, supplemented by $3,100,000,000 in private charitable contributions, of which approximately $6,400,000,000 has been disbursed and an additional $3,800,000,000 has been committed as of September 30, 2013.

[…]

Since 2010, a total of $1,300,000,000 in United States assistance has been allocated for humanitarian relief and $2,300,000,000 has been allocated for recovery, reconstruction, and development assistance in Haiti, including $1,140,000,000 in emergency appropriations and $95,000,000 that has been obligated specifically to respond to the cholera epidemic. "

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s1104/text

What Does Haiti Have to Show for $13 Billion in Earthquake Aid?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/what-does-haiti-have-show-13-billion-earthquake-aid-n281661

"there has been $13 billion in aid money given to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_aid_to_Haiti

5 Years After Haiti's Earthquake, Where Did The $13.5 Billion Go?

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/01/12/376138864/5-years-after-haiti-s-earthquake-why-aren-t-things-better

So yes it’s racism.

So first they didn't get any aid and that was because racism and then when it turns out they did get aid but some of it was misapplied that was because racism. It's always racism for people like you who see everything through a prism of race. Or as I like to call people like you, racists.

Dan

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2019, 05:50:37 PM »
Yeah no. You're one of those independents who's completely progressive but calls himself an independent to give his allegedly even minded opinions an air of independence. Whereas you're a doctrinaire liberal. Which party you support, the democrat party, is the party of slavery, segregation and sedition. Every civil rights advancement in the history of the united states was the result of conservative activism in the face of left wing recalcitrance. You and your racist fascist friends should at least have the balls to own your racism and fascism. It is after all your heritage.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

cjfish

« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2019, 06:41:38 PM »
Bullshit. The most important civil rights legislation was passed under LBJ. You’re talking ancient history, Wilson and before.

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2019, 07:20:14 PM »
So guys I heard UCONN was coming back to the Big East. Are we all in agreement that this bodes well for the conference?

Foad

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2019, 07:27:51 PM »
Bullshit. The most important civil rights legislation was passed under LBJ. You’re talking ancient history, Wilson and before.

I don't often LOL, but LOL.

Woodrow Wilson segregated the government. FDR appointed former KKK member Hugo Black to the supreme court. Harry Truman was a member of the KKK. Robert Byrd ("There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time.") was an Exalted Cyclops of the KKK. David Duke - KKK Grand Wizard - won the democratic vice presidential primary in New Hampshire in 1988. George Wallace ("segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever"): democrat. Fire hose Bull Connor: democrat. Theodore Bilbo ("By the denial of social equality to the Negro, the barriers between the races are firm and strong.": democrat. Albert Gore Sr., voted against the civil rights act, passed by republicans: democrat. William Fulbright - Bill Clinton's mentor - who filibustered for three months the Civil Rights Act of 1964: democrat.  Louis Farrakhan, "Hitler was a very great man": democrat. Likely nominee Hairplugs Biden: 'the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean": democrat.  And finally the great Lyndon Baines Johnson, on the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: ""I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

And that's when they weren't making common cause with Stalin, the greatest mass murderer of all time.

LOL.

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2019, 07:49:28 PM »
Farrakhan is truly the scum of the Earth.