Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)

• 365 replies
Re: Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2019, 01:49:44 AM »
This isn’t even a top 20 worst loss over the last 30 years.

St.Francis in 04-05 was awful. That’s the worst loss in program history.

Other strong contenders are Cal Irvine in the final Lapchick tournament, Incarnate Word in Mullin’s first season, and Delaware State at home in Mullin’s second season.

You didn't even mention my choice for worst loss, which was when Niagara blew out the Lopez/Artest team (the only year they played together) in the Holiday Festival.

I think we won the rebound battle by around 20, and the turnover battle by around 10, but lost by about 25, because we could not make a shot.  All night, we would get 4 or 5 shots at the rim on one possession, come away with nothing, then when Niagara would finally get the ball, they would hoist up a 3 about 5 seconds into the shot clock, and hit nothing but net.

We may have missed more shots in that game, then in any other game in SJU history.  Not necessarily our worst shooting percentage game, but the most number of missed shots.

TONYD3

« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2019, 08:36:52 AM »
Your hero was incompetent and quit. There is no point to the constant attendance comparison.
He was shit canned

TONYD3

« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2019, 09:22:27 AM »
St John's Vermont recap http://www.bigeastboards.com/
Didn’t read the entire thing. But you are complaining about shot selection? Guys reaching and not defense? I guess you missed the previous 4 years

Marillac

« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2019, 10:08:46 AM »

TONYD3

« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2019, 11:09:33 AM »
So was Anderson.
True. But Anderson got another job. Imagine if the providence job opened and someone suggested Chris mullin. Their  fans would riot. Besides you and a few old timers on here the entire basketball world looks at him as a joke.

Poison

« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2019, 11:21:07 AM »
Jesus, does every single post have to be about Mullin?

Coach Anderson got kicked in the teeth on Saturday. His team wasn’t ready to play, and it showed.

Why don’t we give him a few games before we evaluate him, and the team? If we’re still playing like this in January, then yeah, it’s cause for concern, but we need to see what CMA focuses on now. The entire team stunk on Saturday. The d was poor, and offense was worse. Can’t fix it all at once, but we have every right to evaluate the improvement.

Only there won’t be any improvement to evaluate today.

SJUFAN

« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2019, 11:55:50 AM »

Coach Anderson got kicked in the teeth on Saturday. His team wasn’t ready to play, and it showed.

Why don’t we give him a few games before we evaluate him, and the team? If we’re still playing like this in January, then yeah, it’s cause for concern, but we need to see what CMA focuses on now. The entire team stunk on Saturday. The d was poor, and offense was worse. Can’t fix it all at once, but we have every right to evaluate the improvement.

Only there won’t be any improvement to evaluate today.

This is a team that was picked to finish 2nd to last. Think it’s best to temper expectations and project what it will be once CMA is able to bring in and develop his players.

« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »
There is no point to the constant attendance comparison.
The point is that I'm defending him against board interlopers by chronicling an area of excellence that Mullin excelled at. Putting fannies in the seats and money in the coffer. Granted that doesn't mean much to the average bleacher seat fan, but to management it's really all there is.

« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2019, 12:11:30 PM »
That same team with pre season BE player of the year candidate Ponds and Defensive player of the year in Simon finished in 7th place.

That same team with pre season BE player of the year candidate Ponds and Defensive player of the year in Simon finished as one of only 4 BE teams to qualify for the Ncaa tournament. You must be omitting other very positive aspects of the season.  As you know if not for the ever rare "clockgate" scandal, we finish 3rd I believe.
What gift exactly is being left?
Two outstanding talents selected as 2nd team All-BE candidates and a couple of others that look pretty good. Compared to what Mullin started with we look like Tark's UNLV.

You think being picked to finish 2nd to last in the BE means Coach was “gifted” a great roster or a 8th place finish roster?
I think it means that the other BE coaches don't know nor have much respect for CFC. If Mullin was still here we would have been picked to finish much higher.

Foad

« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2019, 12:22:47 PM »
Didn’t read the entire thing hmm mmm

Yeah sorry, I do tend to use a lot of three syllable words.

« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2019, 12:28:07 PM »
Besides you and a few old timers on here the entire basketball world looks at him as a joke.
Yeah, because being so honored by being admitted into the Naismith memorial basketball hall of fame is proof positive that "the entire basketball world looks at him as a joke".

How could one poster by so consistently wrong?

« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2019, 12:31:59 PM »
If it bothers you I will try my best to cease and desist.

TONYD3

« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2019, 01:16:40 PM »
Yeah sorry, I do tend to use a lot of three syllable words.
2000 words to say nothing. Great job!

TONYD3

« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Yeah, because being so honored by being admitted into the Naismith memorial basketball hall of fame is proof positive that "the entire basketball world looks at him as a joke".

How could one poster by so consistently wrong?
Pick any team you want. Go on there fan board and suggest Chris mullin as their next coach. He would be bringing his top lieutenant coach Mitch also. See what happens.

« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2019, 02:47:31 PM »
Pick any team you want. Go on there fan board and suggest Chris mullin as their next coach. He would be bringing his top lieutenant coach Mitch also. See what happens.
What about my point?  YOU wrote "the entire basketball world looks at him as a joke".  He's in the basketball hall of fame like Wilt Chamberlin and Michael Jordan.  Care to explain?

« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »
The point is that I'm defending him against board interlopers by chronicling an area of excellence that Mullin excelled at. Putting fannies in the seats and money in the coffer. Granted that doesn't mean much to the average bleacher seat fan, but to management it's really all there is.
Yeah it was so important to management that as Tony likes to say he was shit canned.

Foad

« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2019, 04:25:47 PM »
2000 words to say nothing. Great job!

That means a lot coming from a middle aged man who spells phonetically.

Poison

« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »
I was surprised to see Caraher glued to the bench. CMA must really think he can’t keep up on d, because in 5 minutes, he only had one turnover.

TONYD3

« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2019, 05:05:01 PM »
That means a lot coming from a middle aged man who spells phonetically.
My dad is about your age (69). Sometimes I try to  imagine him sitting on a computer writing nasty messages from a made up persona “fxck off and die”. Then I just can’t. His name is Pete. He would find it just ridiculous to have people know him as foad. My dad does like baseball and at times likes to talk about it. But he wouldn’t understand why a person his age would want to be a tough guy on the internet. But you be you.
I occasionally find your little blog funny. But only when you mention me. Your analysis is almost always wrong because you are so biased.
My spelling sadly is getting worse. The only time I write anything is on my phone. Nothing i type on my phone is that important. I am ok with it.

TONYD3

« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »
I was surprised to see Caraher glued to the bench. CMA must really think he can’t keep up on d, because in 5 minutes, he only had one turnover.
Where is going to play? LJ and heron play the same position.