West Virginia Game Discussion

• 286 replies
Re: West Virginia Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2019, 06:53:04 AM »

I have no enthusiasm for the program this year. Zero. 

Why not?
You’ve said how much better we are 2-5 this year.

You said how important 2 all BE upperclassmen are.

You said we are deeper and more experienced.

You said Anderson is 2 games better than mullin with equal rosters.

You’ve pleaded forever to have our guys go after the offensive glass and 9 games in we have the most in the #$%^in country. So why aren’t you excited?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2019, 08:10:11 AM »
If plenty of people grew tired of his act, why did they continue to come out IN DROVES to watch his teams play up to and including his last ever BE tournament game?  Now I can hear crickets at the games.

My guess is your projecting your own warped, distorted anti-Mullin believes on to the masses when in fact it's a view shared by you and maybe 2 other disloyal others that frequent this board.
Their is no board carmine. What is their 10 people left? Your boy killed it. Imagine if lazy ass came back, would we even have full roster. Like Matt or hate him he was the only one recruiting. Our only recruit never even spoke to anyone else from the staff.
What were the chances that coach Mullin  would make a good hire replacing Matt,  so another person could try and do his job for him.

TONYD3

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2019, 08:14:55 AM »
Have you seen a photo of the guy?  Weak-chinned is a charitable description.  He's a lightweight decision-maker as well. He just tries to emulate what his superiors did at Duke.  We aren't Duke.  Raising ticket prices when there is no energy or expectation for the team is a ridiculous blunder.

Mullin was somewhere between okay and just short of okay.  His lack of experience made it likely that he would get better over time.  He already showed signs of learning from some mistakes.  He was not horrible  by any reasonable measure.  Your act is exhausting and old. Grow up. We all want to win, but you need to be somewhat reasonable.

I have no enthusiasm for the program this year. Zero.  As a coach, I think Anderson was a terrific hire.  However, his lack of roots in the area and the sheer amount of pressure and b.s. he will be subjected to make me think he's gone within two years.

As multiple Arkansas/Missouri fans have told us, Anderson needs superior athletic talent to win. He's not the type of coach that will win games as a tactician.  That should be obvious to everyone at this point.  To be fair to him, though, we have the worst PG situation in the Big East.  It's hard to win games with just one decent PG let alone none.  I had high expectations for McGriff and even higher for Posh next year.
No one believes your non sense. Last year you were excited? Your bi weekly updates on Miami if Ohio were amazing. Their are a few fans from Arkansas. Most are positive. As usual you are full of shit.
Your boy did nothing ok. He was the least capable coach in sports history. At first he got players because of his name. If you think that would have lasted you are even a bigger door (I believe that’s what you called me) then I thought.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:20:13 AM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2019, 10:14:25 AM »
I don’t think their will be a good crowd Saturday, I think it will be ok with a lot of yellow.
I am all for playing games at the garden. But some are going to be empty. Without looking at the schedule DePaul will be empty. And their will be a few others. If and when the team gets better fans will come. But it’s going to take some time. When the old big east ended we lost plenty of attendance. 
Carmine is partially right. Plenty of fans miss mullin. But how long would that have lasted? If you think mullin would have had a good season this year or next, I am done debating, but It’s just not true. What fans are going to keep coming back for a last place team?

Next year we add a home game with UCONN and we need to add another big time home game or 2. Season tickets needs to be improved.
The team needs to be good. And we need to play a better schedule. People will (might) pay for big time basketball.
In Lavin’s first season, (from memory) Georgetown was the first game and it was a week night. That game wasn’t close to being full. By the time we go to PITT the garden was sold out.
Lavin year 3-4 the the garden was less then half full. Marquette, creighton, and butler couldnt sell any tickets. 6/7 years ago seton hall wasn’t even worthy of a garden game.

Its hard to say but in my heart if Mullin was coach this year I believe Justin Simon stays and so does Mack and this team is top 5 in conference.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2019, 10:16:28 AM »
Yeah, forgot about him. But, first 9 games, Harkless wasn’t much better than Champagnie. Moe certainly took some lumps early on as a freshman. I was at the Northeastern game.

Whoa lets slow down here. Moe was putting up 20 on Duke not a dozen against St. Peters.

Champagnie is a pleasant surprise but there is a huge difference between him and Harkless.

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2019, 10:18:16 AM »
Its hard to say but in my heart if Mullin was coach this year I believe Justin Simon stays and so does Mack and this team is top 5 in conference.

I’ll trade Champagnie for Mack

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2019, 10:22:48 AM »
I’ll trade Champagnie for Mack

I think you're looking at this wrong. McGriff for Mack?

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2019, 10:57:43 AM »
Whoa lets slow down here. Moe was putting up 20 on Duke not a dozen against St. Peters.

Champagnie is a pleasant surprise but there is a huge difference between him and Harkless.
Try 30 which most likely propelled him into the draft.

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2019, 11:12:43 AM »
hopefully attendance will be decent but I think it will be around 7 to 8 thousand max  :(

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2019, 11:21:02 AM »
I think you're looking at this wrong. McGriff for Mack?

I was looking at it as Mullin and co weren’t recruiting Champagnie.

Mack is talented but I prefer my point guards to shoot much better from the line and turn it over less. Mgriff I’m not sure about.  Like what little I’ve seen but how he is able to run a college team is completely up for debate. Him and posh both coming in as frosh will be interesting to see.

Johnny23

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2019, 11:28:24 AM »

So you replace Ponds with Mack (who has no experience in Mullin's "system") and bring back Simon from a team that finished 7th in conference and you think they improve to 5th in the league? Sounds like wishful thinking.

TONYD3

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2019, 12:39:22 PM »
In my heart. 3 more guys quit or transfer out. We lose 15 straight big east games. We play the season with 7 scholarship players And finish in last place again.
Their is 0 reason to think Mack comes to st. Johns
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:43:53 PM by TONYD3 »

goredmen

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »

Matt left before Mullin decided to step down. Mack wasn't coming here without Matt

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2019, 01:12:15 PM »
Matt left before Mullin decided to step down. Mack wasn't coming here without Matt

Came here to say exactly that - Mack decommitted before Mullin resigned.

Matt leaving was the final nail in the coffin, Cragg knew that without Matt on the road recruiting, this house of cards was going to fall down.

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2019, 02:46:37 PM »

Lets see.
If Mullin was here we wouldn't be tied for 3rd in offensive rebounding, Roberts and Earlington would still be riding the bench this year, and there would be no Champagnie.

Look at how bad we finished last year with Ponds, Simon, and Clark still here.
It was time for a change, sorry.

SJUFAN

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »

Mullin was somewhere between okay and just short of okay.  His lack of experience made it likely that he would get better over time.  He already showed signs of learning from some mistakes.  He was not horrible  by any reasonable measure. 

Do you actually believe the shit you write? Humor us, what signs did he show? Since when is a coaches win/lose record not a reasonable measure of success? Last time I looked Mullin had a conference record of 20-52, thats a 38% winning percentage...that is horrible.

derk

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2019, 03:59:58 PM »
WV by 14.

Ouch !. I was hoping the Garden, a string of decent play, and our best crowd of the year would give us a decent shot against the man beast team they have. If we can keep it between 5- 7 points we'd have done a good job.

Foad

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »
Humor us, what signs did he show?

In four short years Mullin went from a winning percentage of .25 to .61, from 8-24 to 21-13 and from last place in the conference to the NCAA tournament. Those kinds of signs. Are you humored yet?

TONYD3

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »
In four short years Mullin went from a winning percentage of .25 to .61, from 8-24 to 21-13 and from last place in the conference to the NCAA tournament. Those kinds of signs. Are you humored yet?
Yeah signs of the worst coach in school history. Imagine if coach mullin had to play in the old big east.

Foad

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2019, 07:26:03 PM »
Imagine if coach mullin had to play in the old big east.

I don't have to imagine Coach Mullin playing in the old big east stupid. He played in the old big east and was three times BE player of the year.

I expect you were trying to make a different point but being a completely stupid illiterate nice person you were unable to express it coherently. Feel free to try again.