West Virginia Game Discussion

• 286 replies

TONYD3

Re: West Virginia Game Discussion
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2019, 09:52:52 AM »
Are you Tony D stupid? It seriously pains me to respond to you nice persons.

You just wrote “Humor us, what signs did he he show” and “Since when is a coaches win/loss record not a reasonable record of success.”  By your own goddamn choice of measurement Mullin improved each year.

8-24 year 1
14-19 year 2
16-17 year 3
21-13 and an NCAA berth in year 4

He didn’t go backwards a single year. If overall record is to be used afainst a coach then who the hell would ever take over a mess like what Mullin inherited year one? Hoiberg is a great illustration of why context matters. He walked into a great situation at Iowa State and did well inmediately with no experience.  With years of coaching experience under his belt his team sucks at Nebraska this year. Is he any less of a coach if he loses 24 games this year?

If you want more signs that Mullin was learning outside of objective measures, he stopped recruiting international players, he was looking into changing his staff, he was going after more physically stronger players (Earlington and Steere), etc.

Improvement- Lavin wins 20 games 3 years in a row. Mullin didn’t improve on that. It took him 3 years just to get back to the same place (with a ridiculous easy schedule) How is that improvement?

Besides that He made 10 million not to improve. He was paid to win. As a big east coach he should be a master at his profession. At the very least he should have some idea what he was doing.
After 4 years with the worst staff in sports history, he was looking into changing it. That’s hysterical. So you are saying finally he would hire competent people to do his job for him? I doubt that. Greg St. Jean would be stomping his feet today if Mullin was still in charge. Mitch would still be sitting their grimacing. All 3 useless men earning millions.

Marillac- I have asked you a few times. I can’t believe your answer. Did you ever see the hero in person? I can’t believe you would post anything like this if you did.
 Keep up the crusade. Most are tired of it. Very funny to me. Please for me. Post this non sense on other forums. Holy land of hoops is one place.  Join Twitter, plenty of St. John’s fans there. They would love to hear your feelings on the hero.

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2019, 10:07:16 AM »
I also am Mr. PG. I think Anderson is too. We have an undersized SF who can slash in Dunn and pile of dog sh*t in Rutherford. This is precisely why I predicted 7 and 4 for McGriff, who I actually like.

I do think we are better 2-5. But last year’s one was an all-time great.

So what’s your expectation for win total?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »
I also am Mr. PG. I think Anderson is too. We have an undersized SF who can slash in Dunn and pile of dog sh*t in Rutherford. This is precisely why I predicted 7 and 4 for McGriff, who I actually like.

I do think we are better 2-5. But last year’s one was an all-time great.

So Dunn is a small forward now? Well done Florida.

cjfish

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »

You just wrote “Humor us, what signs did he he show” and “Since when is a coaches win/loss record not a reasonable record of success.”  By your own goddamn choice of measurement Mullin improved each year.

8-24 year 1
14-19 year 2
16-17 year 3

He didn’t go backwards a single year. If overall record is to be used afainst a coach then who the hell would ever take over a mess like what Mullin inherited year one? Hoiberg is a great illustration of why context matters. He walked into a great situation at Iowa State and did well inmediately with no experience.  With years of coaching experience under his belt his team sucks at Nebraska this year. Is he any less of a coach if he loses 24 games this year?

If you want more signs that Mullin was learning outside of objective measures, he stopped recruiting international players, he was looking into changing his staff, he was going after more physically stronger players (Earlington and Steere), etc.

I was a Mullin fan for the first two years since Lavin left him with very little.  However, by year 4 I realized the naysayers were correct.  The fold in Feb of year 4 was unquestionably due to his poor coaching, lack of preparation and failure to develop a bench.  I consider year 4 his worst year, he had talent and did nothing with it.  Should have been a 24 win team at least with a 5 to 7 seed.  instead in March we had a fatigued team with no confidence.

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2019, 10:36:28 AM »

I was a Mullin fan for the first two years since Lavin left him with very little.  However, by year 4 I realized the naysayers were correct.  The fold in Feb of year 4 was unquestionably due to his poor coaching, lack of preparation and failure to develop a bench.  I consider year 4 his worst year, he had talent and did nothing with it.  Should have been a 24 win team at least with a 5 to 7 seed.  instead in March we had a fatigued team with no confidence.

Yup.  Im not sold on coach mike just yet but I really like what he has done w/ penny, roberts and earlington so far. 

Today will be a good test to see where we are.  Very excited for tipoff at noon.

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2019, 10:44:37 AM »
Zero press?  There is practically an article about us everyday in the Post. I’m not worried about press as SJU always gets significant attention whenever we have a decent season. And I think the fans will show up if we show any semblance of a season.

Bad attendance.

Zero press.

Mediocre recruting.

Get used to it.

Poison

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »
Zero press?  There is practically an article about us everyday in the Post. I’m not worried about press as SJU always gets significant attention whenever we have a decent season. And I think the fans will show up if we show any semblance of a season.

The only time we weren’t covered was when Norm coached.

TONYD3

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2019, 11:25:41 AM »

I apologize for any antagonization I sent your way. Excellent posts lately.

ras

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »
They should have never hired Mullin to begin w because he had zero experience as a coach. After Slice left the problem was compounded by having Mitch as Associate head coach ,also w zero coaching experience, Matt w no coaching experience other then recruiting and the youngster St Jean had little experience. Not a recipe for success.

Poison

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2019, 11:42:28 AM »
They should have never hired Mullin to begin w because he had zero experience as a coach. After Slice left the problem was compounded by having Mitch as Associate head coach ,also w zero coaching experience, Matt w no coaching experience other then recruiting and the youngster St Jean had little experience. Not a recipe for success.

Truth.

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2019, 12:00:02 PM »

8-24 year 1
14-19 year 2
16-17 year 3

and Mullin got out just in time as even he knew the upward trajectory was over but I guess you are still in denial. Pretty easy to increase wins when you start with 8. 21-13 in year 4 with our talent with a weak OOC schedule in a down year in a watered down big east and a poor future outlook. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Johnny23

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2019, 12:03:34 PM »
Champagnie starts the scoring by drilling that 15 ft j again.

Johnny23

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »
Rutherford with nice dribble drive and dish to Roberts. Josh needs to convert that chippy.

Poison

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2019, 12:06:52 PM »
Rutherford with nice dribble drive and dish to Roberts. Josh needs to convert that chippy.

Roberts is a step behind today. He’s gotta wake up fast.

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »
Intensity and D is unreal

goredmen

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2019, 12:11:08 PM »
Well that was certainly an interesting first 4 mins

« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2019, 12:12:09 PM »
Rutherford should not be allowed back in the game.  He stinks.

If penny the best 15-18 ft jump shooter in the country?

I like the start.  We look ready to play.  We need the duke in there to bang w the big boys down low.

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
If we had last years offense with this years D...

Poison

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2019, 12:15:29 PM »
What the hell is Heron doing?

Johnny23

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2019, 12:16:12 PM »
Intensity and D is unreal

Yup and rebounding on both ends. These are the biggest improvements I've seen under Anderson to this point in the season.