@Providence 1/15

• 240 replies

Johnny23

Re: @Providence 1/15
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2020, 11:12:23 PM »
You were talking tournament previously.  Why would anyone take anything you say seriously?  Talk about moving the goalposts.

What are you Crackillac's alter ego repeating what he said? Bullshit. Never once did I say we'd make the tourney this year.

Dan

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2020, 11:14:08 PM »
What are you Crackillac's alter ego repeating what he said? Bullshit. Never once did I say we'd make the tourney this year.

I said talking tournament but you sure did take down an argument I didn't make

TONYD3

« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2020, 11:14:26 PM »
I just can't grasp how you can be okay with moral victories.  This guy is a veteran coach, not a guy learning on the job.  I expected a bit more.  Not dominance but coherent play.  The play isn't coherent.
This is not a moral victory. Providence is better then we are right now. They were at home. They were favored. My expectations aren’t that high. I am hoping to make the NIT.
Did you watch the game? It was close.

« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2020, 11:15:01 PM »
All of you said there was no way Anderson was having a winning season this year and if we were in bubble talk it would be great. Interesting how things have changed. I don’t even wanna go back and say the scores of the Providence/St. Johns games the previous 3 years...it’s bad. Your savior Mullin quit. He did not get fired. He quit on all of you defending him and talking bad about the new coach. He quit on his players. This team has played hard, LJ just couldn’t hit tonight, he usually makes 35% of his threes, and if he would’ve tonight then St. johns wouldve won, he just didn’t. No matter how bad you trash a new coach, the new coach isn’t a quitter and has a record of 381-212 while the coach you’re defending has a 59-73 record and a 20-47 Big East record. Not good, if you can’t overcome the fact that the coach you are bashing has won 9 times as many games in the NCAA tourney since St. John’s has won a tourney game, then I don’t know what to tell you. Give the man time, he is bringing in his defensive minded guards and much needed shooters in Vince Cole and stretch big man Isaih Moore. I just don’t know how people defend coaches that quit on their teams.

TONYD3

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2020, 11:17:05 PM »
All of you said there was no way Anderson was having a winning season this year and if we were in bubble talk it would be great. Interesting how things have changed. I don’t even wanna go back and say the scores of the Providence/St. Johns games the previous 3 years...it’s bad. Your savior Mullin quit. He did not get fired. He quit on all of you defending him and talking bad about the new coach. He quit on his players. This team has played hard, LJ just couldn’t hit tonight, he usually makes 35% of his threes, and if he would’ve tonight then St. johns wouldve won, he just didn’t. No matter how bad you trash a new coach, the new coach isn’t a quitter and has a record of 381-212 while the coach you’re defending has a 59-73 record and a 20-47 Big East record. Not good, if you can’t overcome the fact that the coach you are bashing has won 9 times as many games in the NCAA tourney since St. John’s has won a tourney game, then I don’t know what to tell you. Give the man time, he is bringing in his defensive minded guards and much needed shooters in Vince Cole and stretch big man Isaih Moore. I just don’t know how people defend coaches that quit on their teams.
He didn’t quit. SHIT CANNED

Marillac

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2020, 11:21:02 PM »

You 3 days after the Big East season began:

“Ceiling is about 10-8. I'd say most likely is 7-11 or 8-10. Probably a high NIT seed. Upside is sneak in to NCAA tourney and scare the hell out of some team in the first round. If we do Anderson wins BE COY.”

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=11489.0

Let the backtracking begin!

Johnny23

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2020, 11:23:04 PM »
You 3 days after the Big East season began:

“Ceiling is about 10-8. I'd say most likely is 7-11 or 8-10. Probably a high NIT seed. Upside is sneak in to NCAA tourney and scare the hell out of some team in the first round. If we do Anderson wins BE COY.”

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=11489.0

Let the backtracking begin!

"Probably a high NIT seed". No backtracking required.  ;D

Marillac

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »
"Probably a high NIT seed". No backtracking required.  ;D

Yeah, we certainly look like a team that is “probably a high NIT seed” with “upside is sneak in to NCAA tournament and scare the hell out of some team in the first round.” 🙄

Not only are you a horrific troll you can’t even own up to being wrong. A plain reading of your own words leaves absolutely no ambiguity.

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2020, 11:28:46 PM »
Yeah, we certainly look like a team that is “probably a high NIT seed” with “upside is sneak in to NCAA tournament and scare the hell out of some team in the first round.” 🙄

Not only are you a horrific troll you can’t even own up to being wrong. A plain reading of your own words leaves absolutely no ambiguity.
If the season ended today St. John’s would be a high NIT Seed. How is he a troll?

Johnny23

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2020, 11:31:02 PM »
If the season ended today St. John’s would be a high NIT Seed. How is he a troll?

He's a double speaking nice person. He doesn't know how to comprehend simple, clear statements like mine and thinks he's cute trying to call someone wrong when he doesn't even realize he's not.

Marillac

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2020, 11:32:16 PM »

Bubba and Forrest. The bash brothers of JJ!

TONYD3

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2020, 11:34:23 PM »
Bubba and Forrest. The bash brothers of JJ!
Thanks for tonight. Haven’t stopped laughing. Have never had this much fun losing a game.

Marillac

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2020, 11:43:43 PM »
he's cute

☺️ Thanks sugar tits.

Johnny23

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2020, 11:46:40 PM »
☺️ Thanks sugar tits.

Anytime, numbnuts.

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2020, 11:56:44 PM »
I'm with Dan here. The team has looked abysmal on offense all year. We have to be shooting about 35% as a team in Big East play.

Rebounding is very poor.

The only thing we've been good at this year is getting teams to commit turnovers and not have drop offs from players 1 and 2 to 10 and 11.

Now not looking at this team through microscope of this game. I would have said this is an L preseason but still a winnable game. Providence was begging us to come back and we couldn't put anything together.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2020, 12:01:25 AM »

I think the whole old vs new really has no relevance here. I think the focus is now and what is happening with the current team.

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:08 AM »

I think it's fair to say that the team put themselves to make the tournament based on what they did in out of conference play.

It's still within reach if they are able to split the L's and go .500 rest of way.

Do I think that will happen, probably not, but it's possible.

Conference play isn't a sprint but this team needs to get going quick if they want to salvage this season.

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2020, 12:17:29 AM »
+1  Thought we'd win 13 games this year and we just might get there (guess some people don't see the same lack of overall talent that I do). Figgy and Heron are enigmas but if people want to put their poor playing on the coaching I won't argue. This Dan dude saying our recruits suck and are playing poorly-where did he come up with that. They are all playing well but as with all recruits we'll see when they get here.
I hope we get to 13 wins, since we already have 12.  It would be a mighty angry fanbase if we don't get to 13.  Personally? I'm hoping for 16-15 regular season mark. Even if we go one and done in the Big East, it keeps Anderson's streak of non losing seasons alive, since I assume that 16-16 won't get us in the NIT.

Marillac

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2020, 12:37:49 AM »
I think it's fair to say that the team put themselves to make the tournament based on what they did in out of conference play.

It's still within reach if they are able to split the L's and go .500 rest of way.

Do I think that will happen, probably not, but it's possible.

Conference play isn't a sprint but this team needs to get going quick if they want to salvage this season.

We are going to finish in last place unless DePaul sh*ts the bed.

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2020, 03:21:26 AM »
I'm with Dan here. The team has looked abysmal on offense all year. We have to be shooting about 35% as a team in Big East play.

Rebounding is very poor.

The only thing we've been good at this year is getting teams to commit turnovers and not have drop offs from players 1 and 2 to 10 and 11.

Now not looking at this team through microscope of this game. I would have said this is an L preseason but still a winnable game. Providence was begging us to come back and we couldn't put anything together.

I totally agree with you both. Providence is physical and Big, how did Steere not get any burn at all? We had Champagnie on Kalif Young or Watson..... There is absolutely no way that sears is better than him, I just don't get it.

I cannot believe how bad LJ and Heron have gotten. Sad thing is our complimentary players have gotten better, but those two have just been so inefficient it has really killed us on the offensive side of the ball. They both can't create their own shot.

Why are we saying oh it was closer than the loss at Providence last year......WHO CARES!!!! isn't the object of the game to win and us as fans want the team to win?