@Providence 1/15

• 240 replies

Johnny23

Re: @Providence 1/15
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2020, 04:03:28 PM »
Heron scored 28 and 20 against and averaged 6 boards against essentially the same Butler roster last year. After being named All-SEC Second Team twice and leading a 26-win first place SEC team in scoring as a soph.

But it’s all on him now and not Anderson🙄

Then he transfers out of Auburn and they make their deepest tourney run ever the following year. I didn't realize Anderson was the on the court playing. Might as well be him with the disappearing act that Heron's pulled.

Marillac

« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2020, 04:24:09 PM »
Then he transfers out of Auburn and they make their deepest tourney run ever the following year. I didn't realize Anderson was the on the court playing. Might as well be him with the disappearing act that Heron's pulled.

Your exceptionally low IQ allows you to see things differently than us normal folk. I appreciate that angle. It’s 100% Heron and has nothing to do with the fact that Anderson is one of the worst half court offensive coaches in the country.

Thanks for the insight. You and the rest of The Squad have become invaluable members of this community. Please send my regards to SJUFan, TonyD, BannerMountainMan, and Celtics11 at your next caucus or group spelling class.

Foad

« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2020, 04:29:07 PM »
Then he transfers out of Auburn and they make their deepest tourney run ever the following year.

Yeah, because Heron transferring that was the only variable that changed. In 2018 Auburn had six upperclassmen. In 2019 they had 12. But Heron transferred, therefore the lack of Heron caused the difference in result - they won four more games. The sun rose today after my alarm clock went off. Therefore my alarm clock caused the sun to rise.

« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2020, 04:47:43 PM »
Your exceptionally low IQ allows you to see things differently than us normal folk. I appreciate that angle. It’s 100% Heron and has nothing to do with the fact that Anderson is one of the worst half court offensive coaches in the country.

Thanks for the insight. You and the rest of The Squad have become invaluable members of this community. Please send my regards to SJUFan, TonyD, BannerMountainMan, and Celtics11 at your next caucus or group spelling class.
Half-court offense has nothing to do Heron missing open shots and air balling threees.

SJUFAN

« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2020, 04:53:34 PM »
Sure some of it can be attributed to lack of talent shooting the ball, but it’s the coaches job to control for that. Figure out a way to get easy shots or at least shots that suit players abilities. That hadn’t happened so far.

It’s not that easy. There is no offense in America that constantly gets you open easy shots. Any open shot is a break down in the opposition defense. As a offense you need players that can make contested shots.

This notion that we don’t run an offense is false. There is plenty of movement off the ball, down screens, back door cuts, etc. That is what you want, opportunities to drive the ball, pass the ball and shoot the ball. You need the players to make plays.

Think about our team...how many players we have can you say are good shooters? How about good ball handlers? Passers? As a team, we are pretty easy to defend. If we are not turning teams over we will struggle in the half court regardless of the type of offense we run. There is a reason we were picked to compete for last place.

Yeah putting Heron on the block may be better but once the defense adjusts then what? You need players to make plays. Anderson isn’t without fault. He is a system coach, he needs players for his system. You may prefer a coach that changes their system based on the abilities of their players, well that’s not Anderson. You know what? Mullin was a system coach as well. So ask yourself, which system do you prefer? My preference is Anderson’s. I believe once he gets his players in here we will compete for the top of the league.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:18:27 PM by SJUFAN »

Marillac

« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »
Half-court offense has nothing to do Heron missing open shots and air balling threees.

False. There is absolutely no plan on offense. Guys are tasked with creating their own shots. All you see with Anderson are wild drives and deep threes off the bounce or pass around the perimeter. That is not Heron’s game. He needs structure and he needs a coach to get him space and inside-out passes. He’d be a f*cking monster on Creighton or Butler.

Literally our best half court offense is a badly missed shot that results in an offensive rebound.

SJUFAN

« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2020, 05:01:44 PM »

You can’t have rational discussion with idiots. They equate offense as the ball going in opposed to the actual action on the floor. I’ve seen plenty of down screens set for Heron and many times the pass isn’t on time, it’s not passed at all, his feet and shoulders aren’t squared on the catch allowing the defense to close out, or he just misses open shots.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:07:59 PM by SJUFAN »

TONYD3

« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2020, 05:06:35 PM »
False. There is absolutely no plan on offense. Guys are tasked with creating their own shots. All you see with Anderson are wild drives and deep threes off the bounce or pass around the perimeter. That is not Heron’s game. He needs structure and he needs a coach to get him space and inside-out passes. He’d be a f*cking monster on Creighton or Butler.

Literally our best half court offense is a badly missed shot that results in an offensive rebound.
You waited all day to post that AGAIN! Good for you. Hope you feel better. A month ago heron was on NBA draft boards as second rounder. Doubt he is there now.

SJUFAN

« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2020, 05:07:09 PM »

The comparison is Anderson vs. Mullin, not Anderson vs Creighton and Butler coaches.

Johnny23

« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »

Guys on every team are tasked with creating their own shots. Heron just happens not to be very good at it. Regressing by the day. The D league is calling.

Marillac

« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
Guys on every team are tasked with creating their own shots. Heron just happens not to be very good at it. Regressing by the day. The D league is calling.

False once again. How many shots did Kellen Dunham create? What about McDermott?

You and your crew of simpletons are a riot. One just said the comparison is Anderson v. Mullin not Anderson v. coaches of the teams he competes against in this league.

Nobody on this board argues that Mullin was a good coach...simply that he was between not awful and okay. Yet The Squad can’t cut the sh*t with the Mullin slights. Anderson has coached for 30 years and you are comparing to him to someone who is no longer coaching after a four-year stint?

By March one of the two will have danced as a coach the last two years. It won’t be Anderson.

The guy can’t coach half court offense. That’s not even debatable.

TONYD3

« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2020, 06:32:48 PM »
False once again. How many shots did Kellen Dunham create? What about McDermott?

You and your crew of simpletons are a riot. One just said the comparison is Anderson v. Mullin not Anderson v. coaches of the teams he competes against in this league.

Nobody on this board argues that Mullin was a good coach...simply that he was between not awful and okay. Yet The Squad can’t cut the sh*t with the Mullin slights. Anderson has coached for 30 years and you are comparing to him to someone who is no longer coaching after a four-year stint?

By March one of the two will have danced as a coach the last two years. It won’t be Anderson.

The guy can’t coach half court offense. That’s not even debatable.
Your boy embarrassed himself. Not because he was a bad or inexperienced coach. He embarrassed himself because he didn’t try. You can justify that any way you want. You can make as many excuses for his lack of effort all you want. It doesn’t change what happened. You and others like you are keeping this relevant.
We have a game tomorrow. We are probably going to lose. The other team is better. Still I think our guys will show up and play hard. That’s not a moral victory.  But we are catching up. That’s what matters.
Chris mullin shouldn’t have taken the job. He took the money he deserves all the Criticism that goes with not doing the job.
20-59. 23 year old Greg St. Jean. Lazy Mitch Richmond. Living in California. Transfer U. Going through the motions. None of those things are part of any winning process.
So you Marillac can continue to behave like you have been. I find it hysterical. Anderson has already proven that he is a good coach. If he fails here it doesn’t make Chris mullin better.
Imagine if he actually went out and recruited like he said he would. Imagine if he behaved like Chris mullin the NYC hero. Imagine if he hired real coaches. Imagine if he tried. Forget mike rice, if he hired a real associate head coach instead of st. Jean he would still be here and everyone including myself would love Chris Mullin.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:40:35 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2020, 07:37:27 PM »

In all seriousness how about some middle ground here, you havnt seen Heron miss a bunch of open shots this year?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2020, 08:54:03 PM »
So if players play well its due to coaches developing them.

If players play poorly its due to them not being good players.

Got it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJUFAN

« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2020, 12:05:16 AM »
So if players play well its due to coaches developing them.

If players play poorly its due to them not being good players.
Got it.

I’ve said the skills of the players are the same as last year, Anderson just uses them differently and their success wouldn’t continue when the level of competition increases. Roberts was a prime example. Have I been wrong?

SJUFAN

« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2020, 01:07:22 AM »
One just said the comparison is Anderson v. Mullin not Anderson v. coaches of the teams he competes against in this league.

Didn’t you say Heron would be a monster under those BE coaches? Like that arbitrary statement somehow validates your claim Anderson does not know how to use him.

How about comparing his production under the previous coach? That would make too much sense. He’s the same player he was last year when he was playing along side one of the greatest scores in school history and the DPOY, he help us to a 7th place finish and a 8-10 conference record in a weaker BE. You know last year when he accumulated zero post season honors. Keep pushing your false narrative and ignoring the facts. You like operating in the world of buffoonery.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:09:12 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2020, 01:16:43 AM »
I fully understand my allegiance to Mullin. I don't understand youze guys allegiance to Anderson. What gives?

« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2020, 01:22:37 AM »
Your boy embarrassed himself
Qualifying for the Ncaa tournament at St. John's is embarrassing yourself? I wish we had more coaches that embarrassed themselves thusly.
Anderson has already proven that he is a good coach. If he fails here it doesn’t make Chris mullin better.
What he's done at other stops is irrelevant. He certainly hasn't proven he's a good coach on the corner of Union and Utopia. I hope one day he does and I'm singing his praises. If he's a proven good coach, why should he fail here?
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:23:27 AM by carmineabbatiello »

Poison

« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2020, 01:37:14 AM »
Qualifying for the Ncaa tournament at St. John's is embarrassing yourself? I wish we had more coaches that embarrassed themselves thusly. What he's done at other stops is irrelevant. He certainly hasn't proven he's a good coach on the corner of Union and Utopia. I hope one day he does and I'm singing his praises. If he's a proven good coach, why should he fail here?

If it’s irrelevant what he did elsewhere why are you asking about his track record?

And BTW, have a look at STJ coaches with D1 head coaching experience and success, compared to STJ coaches without it.

Poison

« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2020, 01:53:54 AM »

Yeah, just pick the two good games Heron had last year, and it’s apples to apples. Lol. He’s bananas. Don’t waste your time.

Heron has now had two supporting casts that he hasn’t been able to connect with. This isn’t coaching. It’s the kid. He should stop being such a black hole and play the same team ball the others are trying to play except for LJ sometimes
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:55:59 AM by Poison »