@Providence 1/15

• 240 replies

Marillac

Re: @Providence 1/15
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 07:02:09 PM »
We were 11-2 with wins over West virginia and Arizona,I know you haven’t see either of those two teams play over the last ten years but they’ve had a little success.  There was no reason in the world for any of our fans not to be excited at EITHER of those points in each season. Come on a Middle Ground, you are so much better than this.

I am not sure how you don’t see the lunacy of a St. John’s fan going to a SH team site and expressing he has no joy for a team that hadn’t lost in 12 games. I might be wrong, but wasn’t that the best start in program history? We also had one of the best players in program history and it was clear LJ was an absolute Godsent. We were picked pretty high too.

Losing to team from an inferior conference like Vermont, who started 6-5 against D-1 competition this year, is enough for reasonable fans to give up on a team that was picked 9th in the conference. Getting bullied a few games later on a neutral court by a team that won’t make the tournament was more evidence this wasn’t the year.

The poster who made those insane remarks clearly has some childish grudge against Mullin and would rather lose and be right than win and eat crow. Once a fan passes that line, it’s unforgivable.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:36:08 PM by Marillac »

Foad

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 07:06:29 PM »
Right says the guy who continually called out a poster for leaving the board while mullin was winning cause he wasn’t having any fun, just to do the same thing this year. Way to stick to your guns tho!

Interesting non sequitur. Did I say interesting? I meant insipid obviously.

I have repeatedly asked Dave to delete my account here. Repeatedly. And he has refused, repeatedly, because he realizes that my posting here drives his numbers. Other than my occasional drivel appearing here why would anyone wade through the rest of this dreck? Because you people are in the main ignorant, dreary, boring, appalling and awful. And those are your positive qualities. Ask him if you don't believe me.

As to my brief sabbatical as I've already explained: it's because Dave asked that I refrain from calling dimwits such as yourself cunts and not being a barbarian I took a walk, knowing that I'm often not able to contain myself and when I can the digestive disruptions it entails aren't it's not worth it. Because that's the kind of good guest I am. Or was anyway.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 07:07:24 PM »
By January 15th last year, how many ranked teams had we beaten last season?

The two starts aren’t even, but they are certainly comparable.

4-2 with a loss to Vermont isn’t a good start. The attendance confirms that many fans jumped ship and haven’t returned.

12-0! You can’t even wait for one loss before jumping ship? Jesus Christ. We were picked top 3-4 in the coach’s poll, our attendance was amazing, and we had one of the best players in program history.

This is St. John’s not Duke. A tournament berth is a good season.

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 07:10:44 PM »
I am not sure how you don’t see the lunacy of a St. John’s fan going to a SH team site and expressing he has no joy for a team that hadn’t lost in 12 game’s.

No man, I saw the lunacy clear as day! And I also see the hypocrisy this year.

I was fully in Mullin’s corner. Didn’t think he failed. Didn’t want him fired. But objectively I think our coaching situation improved with him gone and Anderson in. But please keep asking for nuance.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:12:25 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »

I have repeatedly asked Dave to delete my account here. Repeatedly. And he has refused, repeatedly, because he realizes that my posting here drives his numbers. Other than my occasional drivel appearing here why would anyone wade through the rest of this dreck? Because you people are in the main ignorant, dreary, boring, appalling and awful. And those are your positive qualities. Ask him if you don't believe me.

As to my brief sabbatical as I've already explained: it's because Dave asked that I refrain from calling dimwits such as yourself cunts and not being a barbarian I took a walk, knowing that I'm often not able to contain myself and when I can the digestive disruptions it entails aren't it's not worth it. Because that's the kind of good guest I am. Or was anyway.

Ohhhh, so you were saying you were the schmuck. My mistake.

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 07:23:33 PM »
I am not sure how you don’t see the lunacy of a St. John’s fan going to a SH team site and expressing he has no joy for a team that hadn’t lost in 12 games. I might be wrong, but wasn’t that the best start in program history? We also had one of the best players in program history and it was clear LJ was an absolute Godsent. We were picked pretty high too.

Losing to team from an inferior conference like Vermont, who started 6-5 against D-1 competition this year, is enough for reasonable fans to give up on a team that was picked 9th in the conference. Getting bullied a few games later on a neutral court by a team that won’t make the tournament was more evidence this wasn’t the year.

The poster who made those insane remarks clearly has some childish grudge against Mullin and would rather lose and be right than win and eat crow. Once a  passes that line, it’s unforgivable.

I did predict change was coming before the season started. As soon as I heard Cragg speak. I knew mullin wasn’t his guy. If I am so insane, why was mullin shit canned?
If carmine is right. Upward trajectory. Sellouts. Our hero getting better as he got older. Why wasn’t he given an extension? Why isn’t part time Mitch still on our sideline? Why didn’t Greg St. Jean get a head coaching position? Or at least a lateral move? He is not even allowed to sit on the bench! 
Started 12-0 with one of the best players in school history and finished 7th? Probably bad luck. School is probably cursed.
Or maybe boy wonder wanted to keep his 400 thousand salary and doctored a schedule to go 12-0.
Providence tonight. I think we have a good Chance. If we win everyone who is butt hurt will be leaving. You guys can post on seton hall’s board.

TONYD3

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »

Just remember I was right!

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2020, 07:26:24 PM »
Hey we all want the same thing, for the johnnies to be relevant year in and year out....I loved Mullin and was sad when he left, but also very happy with the Anderson hire and love his recruiting gets for 2020...with that said, tonight is a huge game and we we need to show up...this is actually a good match up for us and if we don’t play well, I will be the first to criticize him tomorrow....Let’s go Johnnies!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:26:50 PM by Johnnies93!! »

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 07:29:25 PM »
Hey we all want the same thing, for the johnnies to be relevant year in and year out....I loved Mullin and was sad when he left, but also very happy with the Anderson hire and love his recruiting gets for 2020...with that said, tonight is a huge game and we we need to show up...this is actually a good match up for us and if we don’t play well, I will be the first to criticize him tomorrow....Let’s go Johnnies!!!

100 points for middle ground

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »
No man, I saw the lunacy clear as day! And I also see the hypocrisy this year.

I was fully in Mullin’s corner. Didn’t think he failed. Didn’t want him fired. But objectively I think our coaching situation improved with him gone and Anderson in. But please keep asking for nuance.

There is very little hope this season.

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2020, 07:54:20 PM »
There is very little hope this season.

You have claimed countless times how flawed last years team was.

Foad

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2020, 08:16:42 PM »
By January 15th last year, how many ranked teams had we beaten last season?

All of them that we played.

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »
Providence is missing 2 guys down to 7 scholarship players according to their fan site. Holt and reeves

Johnny23

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2020, 08:38:31 PM »
Providence is missing 2 guys down to 7 scholarship players according to their fan site. Holt and reeves

That helps but as I said the other day it's all about containing Diallo and limiting Watson and crew in the paint. Can't let them go off in either area and we'll have a decent chance.

TONYD3

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2020, 08:40:31 PM »
That helps but as I said the other day it's all about containing Diallo and limiting Watson and crew in the paint. Can't let them go off in either area and we'll have a decent chance.
Watson just came off an injury and Diallo I think has a hand injury.

Johnny23

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2020, 08:45:09 PM »
Watson just came off an injury and Diallo I think has a hand injury.

Also we need to watch out for White off their bench. He's their microwave.

TONYD3

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2020, 08:58:07 PM »
Steer must be really bad. We could definitely use some size

lihoop

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2020, 09:01:26 PM »
are the refs home cookin' this game - how does Heron & Champagnie get 2 fouls so early

goredmen

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2020, 09:01:54 PM »
Baffling rotation by Anderson. A lineup of Rutherford, Williams, Caraher, Champagnie and Earlington should never exist

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2020, 09:04:23 PM »
Just how in the world does a 50/50 out of bounds ball ALWAYS go against the Johnnies, ALWAYS.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:04:39 PM by BannerMountainMan »