Seton Hall 1/18

• 111 replies
Re: Seton Hall 1/18
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »
LOL he averages 1 FT a game. It's barely a blip on the radar. C'mon man hardly something to plant your flag on.

He played well today for sure.
He is now 7-27 for the season. Yeah maybe he is a good free throw shooter he just doesn't make them.

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »
You sound insane talking about the NCAA tournament still. You and the rest of the The Squad that were talking about a high NIT seed with a good chance to dance have sh*t all over your faces. To your credit, at least you don’t feel the need to mock a coach we hired with no experience for “only” making the NCAA tournament in order to make your point.

To be fair its not out of the question. We still have good quad 1 wins and have opportunity to erase conference losses and have a split. Its uphill at this point
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJUFAN

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2020, 04:55:35 PM »
Josh Roberts has an NBA ceiling and he fits Anderson’s style perfectly. He needs 15-20 lbs and he needs to add to his game. He hustles his arse off and plays within his ability. Those are priceless attributes. He had also been the best front court athlete in every game but one this year.

He does play hard. Your focusing on his potential but that doesn’t help today.

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2020, 04:59:22 PM »
He is now 7-27 for the season. Yeah maybe he is a good free throw shooter he just doesn't make them.

Again its not something I've taken particular notice of. Coming into this game in 15 of 18 games this year he's not attempted more than 2 free throws. If he goes 0-1 or 1-2 in a game its not something that stands out.

It's something that's on the radar where he is a liability in end of game situations.

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2020, 05:01:08 PM »

He does play hard. Your focusing on his potential but that doesn’t help today.

Today he was 8-11 shooting for 16 points and 8 rebounds in 25 mins. The production & potential were equally on display.

What else more do you want from the sophomore?

Marillac

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2020, 05:15:04 PM »
To be fair its not out of the question. We still have good quad 1 wins and have opportunity to erase conference losses and have a split. Its uphill at this point

It is out of the question. It’s time to face reality.

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »
It is out of the question. It’s time to face reality.

If we win 5 games in a row then all of sudden we're a 6 seed. College basketball is crazy.

We very well might lose the next 5 games.

You can be realistic while keeping hope.

SJUFAN

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
Today he was 8-11 shooting for 16 points and 8 rebounds in 25 mins. The production & potential were equally on display.

What else more do you want from the sophomore?

He played well today. I’m not complaining about him I’m only pointing out his limitations and from a defensive perspective how that makes it more challenging on offense for us. Even if he never develops offensively if he gets stronger he will be valuable.

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
Josh Roberts has an NBA ceiling and he fits Anderson’s style perfectly. He needs 15-20 lbs and he needs to add to his game. He hustles his arse off and plays within his ability. Those are priceless attributes. He had also
been the best front court athlete in every game but one this year.

Totally agree marillac..

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »
I know the creators of the site but I don't understand the point you are trying to raise.

LJ and Mustapha are two of the best players in conference. Name duo's who you'd take over them?

Powell, McKnight, Cale vs LJ, Mustapha, Dunn

While I think Seton Hall has edge that's comparable.

Gill vs Roberts

Again I go to war here.

Rhoden & Reynolds vs Earlington & Williams

Talent wise we can go punch for punch but Seton Hall plays more consistent.

Powell gives SH the edge, he is a tremendous college player, we don't have anyone close, especially in the clutch. We shocked them in the first half, Powell went to business in the second half and we couldn't stop him, regardless of who we put on him.

Foad

« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2020, 06:45:40 PM »
maybe he is a good free throw shooter he just doesn't make them.

Right. Because your FT percentage is what you maybe is are except when you just don't make them.

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2020, 06:49:40 PM »
Right. Because your FT percentage is what you maybe is are except when you just don't make them.
Thanks for spelling out what I was trying to say.

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2020, 08:30:56 PM »

He played well today. I’m not complaining about him I’m only pointing out his limitations and from a defensive perspective how that makes it more challenging on offense for us. Even if he never develops offensively if he gets stronger he will be valuable.

Find me a player who doesn't have limitations.

SJUFAN

« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2020, 08:41:35 PM »
Find me a player who doesn't have limitations.

Jesus Christ not to this extent up and down the roster. There is a reason we were picked to finish 9th. It’s not because our roster is just as good as other BE teams roster.

HKD

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2020, 08:55:51 PM »
Love the effort today all around..... just have to hit the free throws.  I was at game, so not sure if talked about and maybe way off.  When Powell scored the and 1 with 90 seconds to go ahead was that not a double dribble?  I was a few rows up on that end of court and swore it was as did people around me.  Obviously I don't have the best view! 

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2020, 08:57:47 PM »
Eh Myles Powell is ions better than anyone we have. Switch him with one of our better players and it is a world of difference.

Heron/Figgy have been much more like Q and Cale.

Seton Hall has more quality depth, more size, more experience and a true star player in the running for national POY.

I know the creators of the site but I don't understand the point you are trying to raise.

LJ and Mustapha are two of the best players in conference. Name duo's who you'd take over them?

Powell, McKnight, Cale vs LJ, Mustapha, Dunn

While I think Seton Hall has edge that's comparable.

Gill vs Roberts

Again I go to war here.

Rhoden & Reynolds vs Earlington & Williams

Talent wise we can go punch for punch but Seton Hall plays more consistent.

« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2020, 09:02:41 PM »
Jesus Christ not to this extent up and down the roster. There is a reason we were picked to finish 9th. It’s not because our roster is just as good as other BE teams roster.

How does Roberts stack up to other 4/5 in Big East?

I think new coach and not a lot of returning minutes was the reason we were ranked 9th. Not lack of talent.

HKD

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2020, 09:06:13 PM »
How does Roberts stack up to other 4/5 in Big East?

I think new coach and not a lot of returning minutes was the reason we were ranked 9th. Not lack of talent.

Come on... They lack size, a ball handler who can score, and shooters..... they have two slashers who can score the ball who have been inconsistent and you hope someone else comes up big each time out.  Dunn the last few and today Roberts.  There are some guys getting minutes who should not be on Big East team but it is what it is.

« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2020, 09:06:34 PM »
Eh Myles Powell is ions better than anyone we have. Switch him with one of our better players and it is a world of difference.

Heron/Figgy have been much more like Q and Cale.

Seton Hall has more quality depth, more size, more experience and a true star player in the running for national POY.

Myles Powell is probably best player in the country and agree with everything you said.

The point still remains we have enough talent to go punch for punch and hang with them. We might lose both fights but we have enough to win.

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2020, 09:13:57 PM »
Come on... They lack size, a ball handler who can score, and shooters..... they have two slashers who can score the ball who have been inconsistent and you hope someone else comes up big each time out.  Dunn the last few and today Roberts.  There are some guys getting minutes who should not be on Big East team but it is what it is.

Is "they" St. John's?

We have size. From 1-5 we have more than enough size.

Shooters we are lacking but we are more than capable. I also think our offense doesn't yield a lot of open perimeter shots.

Ball handler. Well I'm not sure what exactly you mean here. We actually take care of the ball pretty well. I'm pretty sure we are #1 in TO differential and AST:TO ratio in conference.

I think we give Nick Rutherford too many minutes which devalues the production we get out of the PG position.