Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK

• 491 replies
Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« on: January 20, 2020, 02:20:42 PM »
Dave does not like it when you guys bad mouth our hero and I and others defend him. Essentially hijacking other game threads and such.

I for one will try to keep it here.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 11:32:40 PM by Dave »

Re: MULLIN - Anderson thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:40:37 PM »
debate all day and night in here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 02:48:15 PM »
debate all day and night in here.
Nothing to debate. His record speaks for himself. And it’s worse the norm Roberts.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 04:40:03 PM »
Nothing to debate. His record speaks for himself. And it’s worse the norm Roberts.
His record that counts is far superior to Roberts.

Mullin: 4 seasons - 1 Ncaa tournament
Roberts: 6 seasons - 0 Ncaa tournaments

His record speaks for itself.

The regular season don't mean sh*t except for how it places you in regard to the dance. Everybody knows that.

SJUFAN

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »
His record that counts is far superior to Roberts.

Mullin: 4 seasons - 1 Ncaa tournament
Roberts: 6 seasons - 0 Ncaa tournaments

His record speaks for itself.

The regular season don't mean sh*t except for how it places you in regard to the dance. Everybody knows that.

How is it “far” superior? I see what your doing and it’s pretty pathetic. The only thing you can say that is positive about the Mullin regime is his singular lose in the play in game. You try your best to make it as if that is the only thing that matters and because of that is what makes him great.

Mullin was handed the keys to a relevant program and crashed it.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »
The only thing that matters here is NCAA tournament appearances. That’s it. Maybe we can enjoy a little success and raise the bar on that in the future.

1/4 years is bare minimum. 2/4 and we’ve got something decent. 3/4 and you’re the best coach in 30 years.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 07:15:12 PM »
The only thing that matters here is NCAA tournament appearances. That’s it. Maybe we can enjoy a little success and raise the bar on that in the future.

1/4 years is bare minimum. 2/4 and we’ve got something decent. 3/4 and you’re the best coach in 30 years.
That’s the most absurd thing that you have said in a while. And that’s really saying something.
Once conference play started Mullin was 9-13. Boy wonder doctored the most pathetic schedule in school history only to get embarrassed on Wednesday night not in the final 64, but in Dayton. The fact you losers are proud of that is again is hysterical.
Luckily we finally have an AD.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:21:02 PM by TONYD3 »

SJUFAN

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 09:50:58 PM »
I’m not trying to bash Mullin. I thought he could be successful here if  he brought in the right people. No one should be crucified for simply pointing out what he was doing wrong.

When Mullin took over the program it was in really good shape. We were coming off two consecutive 20 win seasons and an NCAA birth. Most importantly is we were developing relationships with local programs. We were recruiting Europe. When Mullin took over, Ponds, Yakwe, LoVett, Ahmed, Mussini were already tied to the program. They hadn’t signed yet, but they were a done deal. We had Sampson and Samir signed. Still had Obekpa and Jordan. Mullin wasn’t interested in baby sitting or re-recruiting them, fine. That’s his choice, but don’t say he wasn’t left anything. The program was relevant.

Fast forward 4 years and where are we? Yes we were coming off a playin lose, the first winning season in four years, but most importantly are we relevant? What HS/AAU programs are we tied to? Who are we recruiting? Four years later and we are worse off with recruiting than when he took over. We were no longer relevant and it was due to a failed philosophy, one that didn’t appear was going to change. Anderson has to start from scratch. Building relationships with coaches, players. He has to rebuild the program.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 10:42:04 PM »
How is it “far” superior?
Because percentage wise 1 is more than 0 by like a billion or zillion or google or infinity or an undefined number or such.  Wow! That really is far superior.  And in less seasons even.
I see what your doing and it’s pretty pathetic. The only thing you can say that is positive about the Mullin regime is his singular lose in the play in game.
The only positive thing I can say about any Johnny coach this millennium is that their regime had a singular lose in their opening Ncaa tournament game.

You try your best to make it as if that is the only thing that matters and because of that is what makes him great.
Please point out where I said that Mullin was a great coach. Hint: You've imagined it.
Two coaches prior the QC guy was 0 for 6. The immediately preceding coach was 2 for 5 and left Mullin with the worst returning roster in the history of the program. Mullin was 1 for 4.  Describing St. John's as a "relevant program" in the 2000's is laughable and what exactly was crashed?

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 10:44:56 PM »
only to get embarrassed on Wednesday night not in the final 64, but in Dayton. 
Roberts would have given his right testicle to get embarrassed such and Hollywood would have traded a healthy prostate for such embarrassment 60% of the time.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 10:51:14 PM »
Dave, you are letting a handful of guys destroy this board. Who wants to see Carmine debate the same group everyday over Mullin? He’s not even the coach anymore.

A few guys should get short suspensions. I’ll take one for the team and join the group. How many times a day does TonyD have to insult Mullin before something happens? This forum has essentially become his personal diary about how he hates him and it leaves the rest of us with only the option to insult his low intelligence. He has become this generation’s Old Red.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 11:00:33 PM »
Dave, you are letting a handful of guys destroy this board. Who wants to see Carmine debate the same group everyday over Mullin? He’s not even the coach anymore.

A few guys should get short suspensions. I’ll take one for the team and join the group. How many times a day does TonyD have to insult Mullin before something happens? This forum has essentially become his personal diary about how he hates him and it leaves the rest of us with only the option to insult his low intelligence. He has become this generation’s Old Red.
It'll be better now. We can do it all in this separate thread I've created and those readers with lives or half a brain can avoid it altogether.

Nobody should be suspended as the 1st amendment was intended to protect all persons. Even disloyal, treasonous, blasphemous imbeciles.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 11:24:39 PM »

I hear you. I'm cool with containing it to this thread and not beyond. Don't have to read the back and forth here

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 11:29:15 PM »
How is it “far” superior? I see what your doing and it’s pretty pathetic. The only thing you can say that is positive about the Mullin regime is his singular lose in the play in game. You try your best to make it as if that is the only thing that matters and because of that is what makes him great.

We had 1 NCAA Tournament appearance (we really should have made it year before too), produced 2/3 NBA players, attendance was up, donors were up

Far from crashing the program.

Re: Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 12:42:17 AM »
'Our favored son doctored the most pathetic schedule in school history' 
Even you probably know that the conference schedule is set by the league. So I'm assuming you're referring to the out of conference schedule.

So riddle me this: If the out of conference schedule was "the most pathetic in school history" - How did a team with an 8-10 conference record for a 7th place finish qualify for the Ncaa tournament? Over 3 teams that finished ahead of them in the BE even.

SJUFAN

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 02:48:35 AM »
We had 1 NCAA Tournament appearance (we really should have made it year before too), produced 2/3 NBA players, attendance was up, donors were up

I’m referring to the product on the floor Dave. Do you believe attendance and donors would have remained high with a subpar product? I guess it’s possible. Is that all that mattered to the Mullin faithful? Attendance and donors?

We were going to get our teeth kicked in most years. Where were the recruits? Waiting to see who will put their name in the transfer portal isn’t a sound strategy. Ponds was the reason for the little success he had and he wasn’t landing another Ponds type player.

I would have been ok extending Mullin if he brought in Rice and got rid of Mitch for another recruiter/coach. But he didn’t want to.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 05:33:23 AM »
I don't know how some people of here can bash Lavin and praise Mullin. Lavin was way better and more successful. How can you say oh Mullin Left Anderson Mustapah and LJ two preseason all Big east 2nd team players and then turn around and say Lavin left Mullin with the worst roster in school history when Jordan and Obekpa were actually left here. It has to go both ways here on both sides.

Dave, if you had to choose who would you rather have as the coach of your program Lavin or Mullin? I feel like you are unbiased and honest so I will ask you that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:33:48 AM by Aknel79 »

Johnny23

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 07:39:12 AM »

Close doesn't count. You either make it or you don't. We made 1 NCAA appearance under Mullin (as the LAST team in the field) and it was the definition of backing in to any casual observer last year.

Hardly building a consistent anything.

TONYD3

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 08:04:27 AM »
Roberts would have given his right testicle to get embarrassed such and Hollywood would have traded a healthy prostate for such embarrassment 60% of the time.
Agree. Roberts gave a shit and tried his best.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »
Who are the 2/3 NBA players? Ponds was there for what 10 days but ill give you that he will probably bounce from time to time.....Who are the other two?