Lasalle 11/26

• 154 replies
Re: Lasalle 11/26
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2020, 08:31:57 PM »
He’s better than Heron right now.

You're right our freshman off the bench guard is better than former team USA and all Big East player.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »
Or he’s just a good get

How do you know that? Hes played in 2 collegiate games against 2 mid majors? How on earth can you possibly know that hes a good get yet.

« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2020, 11:11:50 PM »
I love how people get on Heron for having a bad year last year mostly cause of injuries. He was pretty productive on our tournament team in 18-19. He averages 14.6 ppl, 4.6 rpg, shot 44 percent from the field, and 40 percent from 3. Thats a pretty good year, but we forget that because he was no where to be found in the play in game. If Wusu comes anywhere near those numbers in any of his years here I will be ecstatic.

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »
Time will tell but my point remains we can't hope to overachieve on literally every single recruit. This doesn't apply to Wasu but we need to be more choosey. No one we've recruited has had an offer from another Big East school. We were their only Big East offer.

Could not agree more. If we are expecting to just develop low level recruits and JUCOs as our main plan we are in a lot of trouble. I was optimistic at first when we hired CMA, but now I totally see what you said from the beginning Dave.

Yeah we beat out mid majors for most of our recruits. Do some of them pan out after good development? Of course, but our fan base loves to overrate most of these players saying that they are perfect fits for our program. This doesn't mean I hate CMA and do not like the players, just think we need to be better of we want the sustained success that we all yearn for.

Poison

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2020, 11:30:16 PM »
I love how people get on Heron for having a bad year last year mostly cause of injuries. He was pretty productive on our tournament team in 18-19. He averages 14.6 ppl, 4.6 rpg, shot 44 percent from the field, and 40 percent from 3. Thats a pretty good year, but we forget that because he was no where to be found in the play in game. If Wusu comes anywhere near those numbers in any of his years here I will be ecstatic.

Heron was so bad it’s completely reasonable to believe that he was throwing games.

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2020, 11:33:22 PM »
How do you know that? Hes played in 2 collegiate games against 2 mid majors? How on earth can you possibly know that hes a good get yet.

You misunderstood my point. Dave said he needs to improve to be good get. Ya know, to go along with his belief that he wasn’t good enough at the time of his recruitment. Or Maybe he’s just already a good get? You seem pretty sure him and others aren’t good players. How could you possibly know that already after two collegiate games against mid majors?

This is really what it all comes down to. You want big time players with big time rankings. I want big time players. I’m trusting the best coach we’ve had in 20 years to pick those players. Not Dave or Scout or ESPN.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 11:37:40 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2020, 11:37:43 PM »
Heron was so bad it’s completely reasonable to believe that he was throwing games.

If Champ put those numbers up this year you would say he should be the BE POY

Poison

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2020, 11:42:13 PM »
You're right our freshman off the bench guard is better than former team USA and all Big East player.

He single-handedly cost us games, and he never made All BE anything.

Probably because he was terrible.

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2020, 11:43:51 PM »
You misunderstood my point. Dave said he needs to improve to be good get. Ya know, to go along with his belief that he wasn’t good enough at the time of his recruitment. Or Maybe he’s just already a good get? You seem pretty sure him and others aren’t good players. How could you possibly know that already after two collegiate games against mid majors?

This is really what it all comes down to. You want big time players with big time rankings. I want big time players. I’m trusting the best coach we’ve had in 20 years to pick those players. Not Dave or Scout or ESPN.

Aren't good enough to compete at a high level in the Big east conference. Our conference is loaded.

You are also misunderstanding my point. I said that a few top 100 guys mixed in with some solid 3-4 year guys that we develop well and overachieve would be ideal under this coach. Since hes the best coach weve had in the last 20 years wouldnt he really be able to develop a top 100 kid well? In case you forgot Lavin had a great track record before coming here too. This is where coaches careers come to die. I am in the boat of being wary of any coach coming here until they prove me otherwise.

So you don't agree with what Dave said that we can't expect to overachieve with every recruit?

Poison

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2020, 11:44:39 PM »
If Champ put those numbers up this year you would say he should be the BE POY

Let’s first see if Champ shits the bed in every big game he ever plays as a Johnny.

Like Heron did.

But he sure was ready to play whenever Sacred Heart came to Queens.

« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2020, 11:45:13 PM »
He single-handedly cost us games, and he never made All BE anything.

Probably because he was terrible.

Ponds cost us games too with forced shots and lack of defense, was he terrible as well? People hate on Heron because he was a big name transferring and a 5 star player. He put up good numbers and had a good year his first year here. Last year.....not so much

Poison

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2020, 11:46:57 PM »
Aren't good enough to compete at a high level in the Big east conference. Our conference is loaded.

You are also misunderstanding my point. I said that a few top 100 guys mixed in with some solid 3-4 year guys that we develop well and overachieve would be ideal under this coach. Since hes the best coach weve had in the last 20 years wouldnt he really be able to develop a top 100 kid well? In case you forgot Lavin had a great track record before coming here too. This is where coaches careers come to die. I am in the boat of being wary of any coach coming here until they prove me otherwise.

So you don't agree with what Dave said that we can't expect to overachieve with every recruit?

Our conference is loaded with G League talent as the NBA draft proved beyond any doubt. I think we’ll be fine.

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2020, 11:48:31 PM »
Let’s first see if Champ shits the bed in every big game he ever plays as a Johnny.

Like Heron did.

But he sure was ready to play whenever Sacred Heart came to Queens.

Oh yeah he really shit the bed against every good team in conference play in 18-19

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mustapha-heron-1/gamelog/9999/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 11:48:45 PM by Aknel79 »

Poison

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2020, 11:48:49 PM »
Ponds cost us games too with forced shots and lack of defense, was he terrible as well? People hate on Heron because he was a big name transferring and a 5 star player. He put up good numbers and had a good year his first year here. Last year.....not so much

I don’t care for players like Heron. He was a terrible fit here from the beginning. I don’t know why you keep pointing to his stats. We all watched him lay an egg here. Look at how he played against real teams.

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2020, 11:50:45 PM »

Again,

“This is really what it all comes down to. You want big time players with big time rankings. I want big time players. I’m trusting the best coach we’ve had in 20 years to pick those players. Not Dave or Scout or ESPN.”

This is all you need to know. It answers every question you ask. You take the 4 recruits he got this year, you do similarly every year, and I have no doubt he can win here.

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2020, 11:52:27 PM »
I don’t care for players like Heron. He was a terrible fit here from the beginning. I don’t know why you keep pointing to his stats. We all watched him lay an egg here. Look at how he played against real teams.

I respect that you didnt care for him but he was not as bad as you say he was. He was a productive player that year and helped us get to the tournament. He did lay an egg at the end of the year in conference play and the tournament but he was still solid.  You keep saying look how he played against real teams and I provided evidence that he had good games against real teams. Isn't stats what this game is based off of?

Poison

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2020, 11:54:28 PM »

Ponds was significantly better than Heron. He wasn’t perfect, but then again UVM didn’t shut him down completely as an upperclassman.

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:55 PM »
Again,

“This is really what it all comes down to. You want big time players with big time rankings. I want big time players. I’m trusting the best coach we’ve had in 20 years to pick those players. Not Dave or Scout or ESPN.”

This is all you need to know. It answers every question you ask. You take the 4 recruits he got this year, you do similarly every year, and I have no doubt he can win here.

I guess we just haver different opinions and I totally respect your views. You have no problem at all with he recruiting so far and I don't think ill change your mind and your won't change mine

« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2020, 11:57:19 PM »
Ponds was significantly better than Heron. He wasn’t perfect, but then again UVM didn’t shut him down completely as an upperclassman.

I totally thought Heron would be better than he was no doubt. But do you hate clark as much as heron? He shit the bed too

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2020, 11:59:51 PM »
I guess we just haver different opinions and I totally respect your views. You have no problem at all with he recruiting so far and I don't think ill change your mind and your won't change mine

Totally fair. Respect your opinion.