Lance,Parrom and Stith

• 60 replies
Re: Lance,Parrom and Stith
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »
This is mad tedious: Gary Williams came to NY for an in-home visit with Lance (http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/19/gary-williams-visits-lance-in-home/).

Let's say Norm brings in Parrom and Stith (along with Omari and Dwight Hardy).  Good gets, or too many players, not enough impact scoring?

I would rather take Parrom at this point, he will be here a few years and will not cause the circus that LS will bring with him.

We need a scorer though, we went for minutes at a time without a basket last year. Can Parrom get his own shots and put the ball in the bucket, Lance has certainly proven he can.

Personally, I would rather take the Parrom just for the fact that he will most likely be around more than 1 year.

Lance is a GREAT player but I think the circus he brings with him could be overwhelming for Norm.

Well we already have a clown as coach, so I say bring on the circus!

Didnt you once say Norm needs NBA players to win?

Lance alone isn't enough! Lance and Parrom to go with Kennedy, Horne and Lawrence would normally be a NCAA team. Norm's coaching along with the fact that he still will kiss Mase's but and try to find PT for everyone plus the fact we do not have a BE point guard would not surprise me if the team went 16 or 16 or something like that.
I am all for bringing in good players but ultimately Norm's lack of coaching will rule out in the end.     

Well, certainly talented players can make the coach look a lil better.

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »
This is mad tedious: Gary Williams came to NY for an in-home visit with Lance (http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/19/gary-williams-visits-lance-in-home/).

Let's say Norm brings in Parrom and Stith (along with Omari and Dwight Hardy).  Good gets, or too many players, not enough impact scoring?

I would rather take Parrom at this point, he will be here a few years and will not cause the circus that LS will bring with him.

We need a scorer though, we went for minutes at a time without a basket last year. Can Parrom get his own shots and put the ball in the bucket, Lance has certainly proven he can.

Personally, I would rather take the Parrom just for the fact that he will most likely be around more than 1 year.

Lance is a GREAT player but I think the circus he brings with him could be overwhelming for Norm.

Lance alone isn't enough! Lance and Parrom to go with Kennedy, Horne and Lawrence would normally be a NCAA team. Norm's coaching along with the fact that he still will kiss Mase's but and try to find PT for everyone plus the fact we do not have a BE point guard would not surprise me if the team went 16 or 16 or something like that.
I am all for bringing in good players but ultimately Norm's lack of coaching will rule out in the end.     

Well, certainly talented players can make the coach look a lil better.

The problem is, even if Lance doesn't come, Norm will have a talented team and they bascially all play the same positions. The frontcourt and PG will be a problem and I doubt Norm will be smart enough just to play his best players regardless of position. I envision crazy sub patterns with 5 guys going in and out every 3 minutes like a train at rush hour.
If Norm had 7 talented guys that had defined positions than yes I can see his lack of coaching being minimized. But Norm will have 5 or 6 with Lance of his best players for 2 positions. For a guy with no system or feel for sub patterns this could be a disaster!
BTW I would prefer Norm screw up a talented team as opposed to a talentless team, so I hope Lance and Parrom come though I still doubt either will.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:42:44 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
Latest on the Henry brothers has them not taking a trip to Kentucky and deciding within the next two days:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=937687

Tha Kid

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »
Latest on the Henry brothers has them not taking a trip to Kentucky and deciding within the next two days:

Kentucky can't be in the picture if they arent even going to visit, right?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »

Thats what I was thinking. Henrys to Kansas,Lance to St Johns. Next up , Parrom. COme on KP Stay Home!

pmg911

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »

He does...   tehre is no doubting the kids ability. He would be the best player to sign with St. John's in a VERY long time.

I wouldn't want him because of all of the BS that is going to come with him, that's all.

I could see if the team was close to making a huge jump but I don't think they are close at this point.

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »

well either xavier is sooooo convinced he likes kentucky/calipari that a visit is not deemed necessary OR he is kansas bound...

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2009, 01:17:27 PM »

He does...   tehre is no doubting the kids ability. He would be the best player to sign with St. John's in a VERY long time.

I wouldn't want him because of all of the BS that is going to come with him, that's all.

I could see if the team was close to making a huge jump but I don't think they are close at this point.

I think the team is ready to make a jump in the standings. Maybe not because we are getting that much better, but because most of the top dogs in the Big East are coming back down to earth. Lance, Omari,Mase and our returning juniors might be able to push through and into the top half of the conference. Than anything could happen.

Tha Kid

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »

Normally I'd agree PMG, but if we were somehow able to sign both Lance and Kevin, I don't even know if Norm would be able to screw it up?

Tha Kid

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »

well either xavier is sooooo convinced he likes kentucky/calipari that a visit is not deemed necessary OR he is kansas bound...

Honestly, I  hate con$piracy theories, but if the Henrys go to UK without even visiting (I mean the visit is scheduled in FIVE days, at least wait and pretend it mattered), then I'm convinced they were paid off.

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 01:23:18 PM »

Honestly, I  hate con$piracy theories, but if the Henrys go to UK without even visiting (I mean the visit is scheduled in FIVE days, at least wait and pretend it mattered), then I'm convinced they were paid off.

Yup. I think I read something shady going on with that kid Daniel Orton, something about Ortons father being paid to do speaking engagements. But this happenned while Gillespie was still there.

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
 Carl Henry announced today that his sons are not going to visit UK. And that they should have an announcement in the next 2 days. Very important 2 days coming for St Johns basketball

pmg911

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2009, 01:33:33 PM »

Yup. I think I read something shady going on with that kid Daniel Orton, something about Ortons father being paid to do speaking engagements. But this happenned while Gillespie was still there.

what happened with Orton's father was completely legal with the NCAA but it did cause an uproar with coaches.

I thought I read a while back that situations like that are going to reviewed this summer.

Tha Kid

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 01:41:58 PM »

what happened with Orton's father was completely legal with the NCAA but it did cause an uproar with coaches.

I thought I read a while back that situations like that are going to reviewed this summer.

I read the same thing PMG.

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »
Carl Henry announced today that his sons are not going to visit UK. And that they should have an announcement in the next 2 days. Very important 2 days coming for St Johns basketball

I think this is very big news indeed. However this might mean they might just stay at Memphis  :(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:42:57 PM by Dave »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »

I think this is very big news indeed. However this might mean they might just stay at Memphis  :(

Maybe, but I doubt it.  He was going to Memphis to be at a top notch program with a top notch coach.  He picked them barely over Kansas.  Kansas w/ Self is clearly more attractive than Memphis w/ Josh.

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/20/henrys-to-visit-kentucky-this-weekend/#more-15252

Henrys to Visit Kentucky This Weekend
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 1:53 pm
Despite reports that Xavier and C.J. Henry will not visit Kentucky, the latest news is that the brothers will trip there this coming weekend.

“Now they’re going to visit Kentucky at the end of this week,” Carl Henry said early Monday afternoon. “My youngest son [Xavier] called me and said he wanted to go visit. It just happened thirty minutes ago.”

Carl had initially told reporters the boys would not visit and would announce Wednesday between Kansas, Kentucky and Memphis. Now that decision — and potentially Lance Stephenson’s as well — will be put off. Stephenson could end up at Kansas if the Henrys go to Kentucky or remain at Memphis; and he could go to St. John’s or Maryland if they pick Kansas.

“Both of them get out of school Friday,” Carl said. “They’re both going to go visit [Kentucky].”

Both Kentucky coach John Calipari and Kansas coach Bill Self flew to New York Saturday night to make their recruiting pitch to Xavier.

“I wasn’t there,” Carl said. “I was out of town myself. They just said it was the same recruiting stuff.”

Asked when the boys might decide, Carl said: “I couldn’t tell you, man. I”m so ready for it to be over with.”

Xavier Henry, the No. 3 recruit in the Class of 2009, told me last week he could still end up at Memphis even though he and his brother have secured their releases.

“It depends on if my brother can get out of his thing and go transfer and play his first year,” Xavier said. “If he can’t then I might still play with him at Memphis. I don’t know yet.”

C.J., a walk-on at Memphis, would need to transfer to either Kansas or Kentucky and then appeal the NCAA for a waiver to allow him to play immediately. Yet there’s no guarantee that will happen. Such waivers are only granted in extreme circumstances, such as when a family member is dying.

“It’ll take time,” Henry said. “I don’t know. It could be quick. It could take a long time. It’s just the NCAA, whatever they decide.”

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2009, 10:30:49 PM »

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2009, 11:02:24 PM »
now carl cancels.......

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=84640&cat=6

This guy sounds like hes getting more and more pist at this situation lol

Because of that I think part of him is mad that cal made this whole thing happen instead of just staying where his kids were at.  So me being the optimist assume Xavier to Kansas, Lance to St. John's!!

sjd8886

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »
thats pretty good news...hey, i would rather lance picks us bc he truly wants to be here but its okay to be the fat girl at the bar at 4am, bc regardless of why, at the end of the night you're still getting laid