« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 06:01:45 PM »
  Better yet ,  who is Shelden Williams!   Oh yeah,  Mr. Candace Parker

Irrelevant NBA Duke Products for $600
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

Re: CHN's top 144
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 08:13:42 AM »
Who's Shelton Williams?

Good catch. I wrote Shelton Jones first time through, can you imagine? Not to mention that Mr Parker was a # 5 pick not a # 4.

PS I always know I've spanked someone pretty good when they start following me around fact checking my punctuation and otherwise humping my leg. Welcome to the club. Once a year there's a little reunion where everyone gets together and compares their psychic scars. Look for your invitation in the mail, and remember, the first six pack of Zima's on me.

Poison

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »
Who's Shelton Williams?

Good catch. I wrote Shelton Jones first time through, can you imagine? Not to mention that Mr Parker was a # 5 pick not a # 4.

PS I always know I've spanked someone pretty good when they start following me around fact checking my punctuation and otherwise humping my leg. Welcome to the club. Once a year there's a little reunion where everyone gets together and compares their psychic scars. Look for your invitation in the mail, and remember, the first six pack of Zima's on me.

Figures, you drink Zima.

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 10:25:48 AM »

Who cares?  Unlike college football where this could actually affect things a little, we prove who we are on the court. Stupid rankings preseason like this don't mean s hit. Let's prove it on the hardwood.

If DeWk had to prove it on the hardwood it'd prove to be NC State.

3 titles, most recently in 2001.  Seemingly countless final fours  I'm pretty damn sure they've proved to be a better program than NC State, yes on the hardwood.  Duke will be mediocre this year, but potentially very good next year.

Since when have I ever been a Duke homer?

Why do you go by Foad rather than GFAK or Fun?
"I drink and I know things"

Foad

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 01:10:38 PM »
Why do you go by Foad

Because it saves time otherwise wasted in polite conversation.

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 04:39:37 PM »
100-Houston
99-North TExas
98-Providence

On a side note, I didnt know that Qa’rrann Calhoun left Houston to play in Europe?

Providence sucks, lets see how Keno does with this team
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:40:38 PM by Marco Baldi »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »
Calhoun had talked about leaving but I didn't know he'd signed a contract.  Good for him I suppose. Where did he go?

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »
Calhoun had talked about leaving but I didn't know he'd signed a contract.  Good for him I suppose. Where did he go?

We'll never hear from this guy again

http://blogs.app.com/insidethepaint/2009/07/08/boys-qarraan-calhoun-to-forgo-senior-season-turn-pro/

Calhoun already has an offer from a team overseas, but declined to say who it was from. He did indicate however the offer is from a team in Poland.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 05:50:21 PM »
We're better than Providence? Is our AD writing this? I find it hard to believe that we'd have anything as good as Curry.

Their class appears to be better than ours on paper.

In all seriousness, hopefully the writer knows something we don't.   

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
We're better than Providence? Is our AD writing this? I find it hard to believe that we'd have anything as good as Curry.

PG (Curry, plus Lacy incoming) is the only spot Providence is stronger.
They lost a lot. I think 5 of their top 7 scorers.

I'll take our 2-5 (SG-C) plus bench over theirs at every other spot.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:10:26 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 07:19:37 PM »

Providence lost Xavier, McDermott, Efijuku, Kale and Hanke, and have no 4 star or better recruits coming in including Dixon and Greedy.  Their class coming in is not ranked nearly as high as this year's jr class was ranked coming out (if you want to compare quantity to quantity) and Omari's ranked higher than all but one of their recruits.  They have two JC's neither of which were JC all americans like Hardy.  But I get your point.  If you don't know what you're talking about it makes perfect sense.

I know KOB loves his guy Dixon but they're in for a difficult season.  Luckily they have a guy who can coach in Keno because they need to replace all their leadership, and most of their scoring and rebounding.  Only Curry, Brooks and Mackenzie played at all last season from what is on the roster now.  Would I trade Malik for him?  Sure, Curry's good but it's not like he's Iverson or something.

Tha Kid

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 07:43:25 PM »

DAVE mentioned it earlier I believe.  Perhaps we're not in the top 144 AT ALL. 

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »

The only BE team not in the top 144 at all will be DePaul.  USF, Rutgers and Providence have shown up.  STJ should be soon.

Tha Kid

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »
I agree with you yank, but ya never know.  I bet we come in asap like 92 or so.

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 08:42:26 PM »

The only BE team not in the top 144 at all will be DePaul.  USF, Rutgers and Providence have shown up.  STJ should be soon.

I agree we should show up soon but then again its possible we won't. I think it would be an oversight if we weren't but who knows.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »
When Marquette shows up and no St. John's, then you can say that CHN thought St. John's is not in the top 144.  But a lot of prognosticators are thinking that returning over 90% of the team's scoring (and minutes, I believe) is a reason to consider St. John's better than some of the others; and Providence lost a LOT of talent, and brought in decent - high mid-major OR low high-major level - talent.  I think Keno can coach them up, but a team has to have serious natural talent to play 5-7 newcomers and be middle of the pack in the Big East. Those guys aren't DeJuan Blair or Greg Monroe or even Junior Cadougan.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »
We're better than Rutgers and USF, and it ain't close.
For my money, we're better than Georgetown too.

We have a lot of question marks, but also have options that we didn't have last year, and more depth than those teams.

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
97. Charleston
96. Alabama
95. St Josephs

Think we might be closer to 70

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 11:58:41 AM »
We're better than Rutgers and USF, and it ain't close.
For my money, we're better than Georgetown too.

We have a lot of question marks, but also have options that we didn't have last year, and more depth than those teams.

I agree with Poison on all points. I said we were and would be better than Georgetown months ago and got ridiculed for it, I wonder where all if all the Baldi haters still think the Hoyas are better?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:13:24 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »
No disrespct, but dont know why y'all is gettin all jacked on some poll.

Maybe if we in the AP top 25 or sometin, but this aint nuthin to hang yo hat on as my garms say.

We aint gonna know nuthin bout this team til mid-Jan in the earliest.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.