Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 504 replies

gonzalo

Re: Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
St. John’s signee Maurice Harkless wasn’t upset when he was bypassed for the McDonald’s All-American game and Jordan Classic, but he was happy to be invited to a pair of other national showcases.

Last month the versatile 6-foot-8 swingman from Jamaica, Queens was selected to the 38th annual Capitol Classic on April 7 in Washington, D.C. and Wednesday he was picked for the inaugural All-American Championship, a showcase featuring four teams of prospects from four regions of the country.

The latter will be held in Houston, Texas at the M.O. Campbell Center, the site of the Final Four on the same weekend as college basketball decides its national champion. The event is two games on Sunday, April 3, with the North facing the South, followed by the East versus the West in the nightcap.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/nod_john_signee_harkless_picks_up_9X92I6Fpwx7xZUZMRTD99N#ixzz1EtVjY0xx

« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2011, 12:47:19 AM »
Per Alex Kline....  Harkless has been seriously ballin' of late.  Wow! 

St. John's bound Maurice Harkless drops 40 points, 11 rebounds and 7 assists tonight in a win for South Kent (CT).

[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/41328031024943104[/tweet]

« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2011, 08:42:20 AM »
Harkless has some nice clips on this video....

Maurice Harkless & Andre Drummond Mixtape

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:42:37 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
Per Rivals....  Harkless was considered one of their top 10 (actually, top 5) midrange shooters.

5. Maurice Harkless
School: South Kent (Conn.) Prep
The Buzz: St. John's will add a dangerous weapon next year with Harkless' midrange scoring ability.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1199910
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:33:49 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2011, 12:39:49 AM »
so so far we have recruits in the top ten in scorers (Deangelo Harrison), defenders (Pointer), and mid range shooters (harkless). I wouldn't be surprised if Pelle is on the shot blocking or athletic lists.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2011, 10:42:19 AM »
so so far we have recruits in the top ten in scorers (Deangelo Harrison), defenders (Pointer), and mid range shooters (harkless). I wouldn't be surprised if Pelle is on the shot blocking or athletic lists.

Harrison was also listed as one of the top 10 "crowd pleasers," per Rivals.

« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »

Poison

« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »
6'9?

Moose

Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2011, 08:33:35 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/04/12/mary-kline-classic-rosters-released/#more-50588

Mo made the Mary Kline Charity all-star game roster

Just a reminder....  He's also playing in the Capital Classic on Sunday.  I'm not sure, whether it's going to be televised or not.  I do recall seeing it on one of the FOX Sports affiliates in the past.

Hopefully, we'll get to see Harkless in action on Sunday.

« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting (Adam Finkelstein)....  Harkless considered one of the top players in the northeast.

Maurice Harkless, SF (Queens/South Kent School)
Harkless is one of six ESPNU 100 players heading to St. John's next year, and while he is already considered one of the top swingmen in the country, what stands out about the New York native is just how much room he still has to develop. An incredibly high-level athlete who makes plays by virtue of his length and athleticism, his upside is through the roof if he can ever develop a consistent half-court skill set.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6388562

Harkless also moved up to #38 on ESPN's recruiting due to Alex Murphy (Duke commit) being part of the 2011 class, instead of the 2012 class.

The most difficult thing to do in evaluating is to take one player from a class and re-insert him into another class. In order to come up with a landing place for Alex Murphy -- who was No. 15 in 2012 -- in our 2011 list, we used Maurice Harkless (Queens, N.Y./South Kent) as the measuring stick in the SF group. Our thinking was that Harkless deserved to be ranked in front of Murphy, therefore Harkless is No. 38 and Murphy checks in two behind him at No. 40.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6389471

« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »
poking around youtube and found this, don't know if its been posted

Maurice and Jevon 12 midnight shootaround

« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2011, 12:18:52 AM »
It has but an oldie but still a goodie
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

DFF6

« Reply #254 on: May 02, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
Nice article in today's Post about Harkless and Sampson and the incoming class.  Can't wait to see these guys in action!!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/st_john_duo_harkless_and_sampson_gekKS4k6s224SkMIX65XSI

« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »
i was next to Jakaar when he was being interviewed by the writter and overheard when he mentioned that they were trying to get Sir Dom in their team.. that would have been a sick team.. they have Tavon Sledge as their point guard.. that kid can can jump

DFF6

« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2011, 11:24:01 AM »
i was next to Jakaar when he was being interviewed by the writter and overheard when he mentioned that they were trying to get Sir Dom in their team.. that would have been a sick team.. they have Tavon Sledge as their point guard.. that kid can can jump

Jerpac -- very cool that you were there for the interview.  Since you were next to Jakaar, can you tell me if he's taller than Harkless, because in the picture, Mo looks slightly taller, which either means that Jakaar's height has been exaggerated (shocking), or Harkless has grown.

« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »

Jerpac -- very cool that you were there for the interview.  Since you were next to Jakaar, can you tell me if he's taller than Harkless, because in the picture, Mo looks slightly taller, which either means that Jakaar's height has been exaggerated (shocking), or Harkless has grown.

when ive seen them play, sampson looks taller, but in their pictures together they are always pretty much identical in height. Id say at least 6'7 but not to far from 6'8
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2011, 12:12:11 PM »

Jakaar  is taller.. he might be leaning back a bit and Mo was closer to the cam.. Mo has wider shoulders and i can see him bulking up like rudy gay.. they have the same frame

kjd01067

« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2011, 09:06:07 AM »
Harkless to play in the 4th Annual Frankie Williams Charity Classic hosted by Frenji Sports June 2nd at the Theodore D. Young Community Center in Greenburgh, N.Y.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/03/future-big-east-players-highlight-frankie-williams-classic/#more-51689