Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #700 on: April 15, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Sorry, Terrapins.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=8&id=27631

According to several reports, the heralded Lincoln High School swingman is expected to make a decision any day now regarding his choice of school.

But Maryland has already been picked as the odd-team out.

« Reply #702 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »
Still, the visit to St. John's went well, by all accounts.

As Stephenson was leaving the campus, one St. John's player asked him, "Alright man, so I'll see you at practice?"

"No doubt, no doubt," Stephenson replied with a smile.

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090415&content_id=1498709&oid=2&vkey=21

by the way when is the last day of the signing period??

sjd8886

« Reply #703 on: April 16, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
memphis in play

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/15/memphis-has-interest-in-lance-famous/

memphis def not in play lol...i saw that, didnt even feel like posting it...thats a new coach trying to be a big shot...why in god's name would lance, who has whittled his list down over the last year all of a sudden want memphis now that cal is gone...YAY, good thing that stupid cal is gone, now i can fulfill my lifelong dream of playing for JOSH PASTNER...and the week that hes finally choosing his school lol, come on...this pastner fella is a douche for even trying at this point

« Reply #706 on: May 01, 2009, 06:46:35 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co..._st_johns.html

Lance Stephenson KO's St. John's
BY Mark Lelinwalla, Roger Rubin, & Ian Begley
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Friday, May 1st 2009, 4:00 AM

Lincoln HS standout Lance Stephenson has been doing the recruiting dance with St.John's for more than a year. Not any more.

According to sources on both sides, the odds are virtually nil that the 6-6 guard from Coney Island will join the Red Storm. And sources say ditto for Maryland, another college heavily recruiting Stephenson.

"At this point (St.John's is) out," a source told the Daily News. "They're not a priority for us. Maryland coach (Gary Williams) embraced Lance, but for some reason that wasn't the right move."

According to a source with knowledge of St. John's recruiting strategy, coach Norm Roberts and his staff have waited patiently but time is growing short. They still want Stephenson but are now fearful that waiting much longer means missing out on others. The Johnnies got a commitment from point guard and Queens product Malik Stith yesterday.

Last week, Kansas coach Bill Self preferred a commitment from Xavier Henry, ESPN'S No. 1 ranked player, over Stephenson.

That leaves Arizona, Memphis and possibly even Kentucky as possible destinations for Stephenson.

Concerns about Stephenson's future are not limited to basketball.

He has a court case scheduled for May 19 at Kings County Criminal Court in Brooklyn, stemming from an alleged incident at Lincoln HS, in which a 17-year-old girl claims he groped her on Oct. 3 of last year. Stephenson's lawyer, Alberto Ebanks, has maintained his client's innocence throughout.

Get rid of lance
« Reply #707 on: May 04, 2009, 02:00:34 AM »
Can we please get rid of all this lance stuff. He does not want to come to SJU. Please remove all the lance hype and lets concentrate on kids who want to be part of our family, not some perp who wants to use us and any other schools to spread his bs hype. ps he does not fit our CLEAN PROGRAM father harrington and mr monasch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #709 on: June 18, 2009, 12:33:58 AM »
Just finished watching Lance at Rucker with Artest's brother on his team they were playing for Sean Bell.  They played blew out  Tru warier Ron Artest;s team(why was Dainel not on his bros team?).Anyway my point is Lance's game has not changed not one bit since he was 15.He  still takes too many plays off, especially on D. Still yells at the refs, he was not yelling at his teammates for the first time history.He really needed a coach like Gary Williams that will hold him accountable for his actions too bad they are not recruiting him anymore.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:36:25 AM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #710 on: June 18, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »
Just finished watching Lance at Rucker with Artest's brother on his team they were playing for Sean Bell.  They played blew out  Tru warier Ron Artest;s team(why was Dainel not on his bros team?).Anyway my point is Lance's game has not changed not one bit since he was 15.He  still takes too many plays off, especially on D. Still yells at the refs, he was not yelling at his teammates for the first time history.He really needed a coach like Gary Williams that will hold him accountable for his actions too bad they are not recruiting him anymore.

Soon Lance will be yelling at teammates who dont speak english

Poison

« Reply #711 on: June 18, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »
What gas station is Lenny Cooke working at?
And are they hiring?

« Reply #712 on: June 18, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »
What gas station is Lenny Cooke working at?
And are they hiring?

I think Dajuan Wagner is the cashier there

« Reply #713 on: June 18, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
Lenny Cooke works at a grocery store the Brooklyn barbers shops say. After he torn his knee in Philippines, he started to lose his love for B-Ball the rumor is.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #714 on: June 21, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »
I think Dajuan Wagner is the cashier there

I saw Wagner in Trenton, NJ in February. He's packed on some weight and let's just say his entourage has dwindled.

He said he hadn't spoken to Cal recently and his father was way down in El Paso, so he doesn't see him that much.

Antonio Williams, who does some scouting for ESPN, said he's seen 6' 10" DeAngelo Collins, who was also in the 2002 draft, actually pumping gas in the LA area.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high_school/2009/06/21/2009-06-21_end_zone_who_wants_lance.html?page=0

The DN did a piece on why schools are staying away from Stephenson. For whatever reason, they didn't use Zagoria's race excuse.

One reporter (not for DN), who has been to the house, told me that house has all the makings of a future NCAA investigation story.

kob24

« Reply #715 on: June 21, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »
Who ever takes lance is gonna get investigated. But kah to say his game didn't grow is crazy

« Reply #716 on: June 22, 2009, 09:12:17 AM »
How funny would it be if Lance stays local,meaning Manhattan or Hofstra?

Poison

« Reply #717 on: June 22, 2009, 10:52:12 AM »
How funny would it be if Lance stays local,meaning Manhattan or Hofstra?

Provided he gets out of jail before the season starts.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #718 on: June 22, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »
Dude's not in jail, won't be going to jail for some touchy-feely on a girl.  I don't know why colleges would be all up in arms about that; his issues have to be the eligibility and his pops.  And even then, I just don't know why other schools aren't trying to lock down a talent who might just give them 20 points every single night.  He's could be like the angry Stephen Curry.

kob24

« Reply #719 on: June 22, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
I would go the Mississippi state way and get a lawyer and sign him. But thatas just me. And by the way mississippi  is gonna get hella investigated with both sidney and riek. And they are gonna be a elite 8 team if they get cleared