Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies

Marillac

Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #620 on: March 28, 2009, 07:51:02 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/28/sherrod-wright-on-the-mason-visit-lance-named-co-mr-ny-basketball/#more-14039

What I’m saying right now is I’m coming back,” said Collins, who added that he is in fine shape financially and has the blessing of his family to return.

All we need is Cole to stay @ Kansas & they are maxed out with scholarships , NCAA better watch for some funny business.

Do you have any idea how college works? Scholarships are renewed annually.  Self can choose to not renew any player he wants. There will be room.  Heck, they could make room for five Lances if they had to.  There is no "funny business."

Norm cannot get a kid that another school really wants.  It's that simple.  He could be all over a kid for three years and all Pitino has to do is walk in his gym or living room once and it's all over.  Norm sucks. 

« Reply #621 on: March 28, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »
yea it has never been a problem...all schools find a way to do it..make a kid a walkon and pay for his tuition

« Reply #622 on: March 30, 2009, 02:40:21 PM »
Nope never knew that  :-\ , I thought as long as a player had academic success  & showed good player conduct on & off the court he was stuck on the team for all four years.

This is great news , can someone give me a situation where a coach took away his kids scholarship who could not afford to walk on to the team ?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #623 on: March 30, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
players walking on is rare.  players being asked to transfer isn't.

« Reply #624 on: March 30, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »
lance stephenson is said to make his announcement tomorrow on his decision to attend Kansas next year

« Reply #625 on: March 30, 2009, 06:50:07 PM »
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/McDonaldas-All-American-Practices-Day-One-3155/

Both teams are down to 11 players right now, as Lance Stephenson missed his flight and may be at somewhat of a disadvantage this week considering that he already missed two of the three days of practices.

« Reply #626 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »
so is he announcing tmrw at 1145 or wednesdsay during the game?

Marillac

« Reply #627 on: March 30, 2009, 09:47:53 PM »

Who cares?

« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »

Who cares?

thanks for answerin the question bud. appreciate it

« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2009, 10:03:32 PM »

Who cares?

I care....i know what the answer is going to but once it is official i move on. I don't think Lance is going to come to a program not ready to compete when he has one or two years at the college level. Odds are pointing to Kanas but strangers things have happened. He is not a savior but it would be nice to see Omari and Lance play together.

« Reply #630 on: March 30, 2009, 10:49:14 PM »
Lance and Wall to Kansas?

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/30/calhoun-bennett-to-virginia-smith-to-uconn/

**Andy Katz says John Calipari is close to taking the Kentucky job. IT will be interesting to see if DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall follow him. Wall is reportedly down to Memphis and Kansas and one source told me he’d be surprised if it wasn’t Memphis. If Cal leaves for Kentucky, Wall could pick Kansas or potentially follow Cal to Kentucky. Imagine if Kansas lands both Wall and Lance Stephenson? Watch out for the Jayhawks if that happens

« Reply #631 on: March 31, 2009, 08:45:19 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/31/now-lance-wont-announce-this-week/

Now Lance Won’t Announce This Week

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 8:18 am
Amazingly, this Lance Stephenson Saga still isn’t over and apparently won’t end at the McDonald’s All-American Game.

Lance Stephenson Sr. called the McDonald’s PR people Monday night and told them his son wasn’t yet ready to announce his college decision. The 6-foot-5 Stephenson was expected to announce for Kansas today at media day.

“Following [Monday night's] POWERADE Jam Fest, the McDonald’s All-American Games staff learned that Lance Stephenson will not make his college decision at media day, Tuesday, March 31 at 11:45 a.m. or during the game on Wednesday, April 1 at the BankUnited Center in Miami,” the statement read.

« Reply #632 on: March 31, 2009, 09:03:08 AM »
how many spots does kentucky have open? lance may want to play for calipari.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #633 on: March 31, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »

Amazingly, this Lance Stephenson Saga still isn’t over and apparently won’t end at the McDonald’s All-American Game.

Lance Stephenson Sr. called the McDonald’s PR people Monday night and told them his son wasn’t yet ready to announce his college decision. The 6-foot-5 Stephenson was expected to announce for Kansas today at media day.

“Following [Monday night's] POWERADE Jam Fest, the McDonald’s All-American Games staff learned that Lance Stephenson will not make his college decision at media day, Tuesday, March 31 at 11:45 a.m. or during the game on Wednesday, April 1 at the BankUnited Center in Miami,” the statement read.
AAAAGGGHHHHHH

WHAT THE PLUCK, MAN!  Sweet Jesu this kid loves the f**king attention!  GET IT OVER ALREADY!

You know what?  For all of y'all who hear the rumors or think you know where this kid is going, I don't think HE knows where he's going.  or why not announce at the Garden?  Why not announce at McD's?  He doesn't know.  What does he need to be ready?  One more surgery seminar?  This ain't surgery!  Just drop a hot damned name and be quick with it, son!

« Reply #634 on: March 31, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »
this has everything to do with calipari, xavier henry might decommit from memphis and sign with kansas, leaving lance out. i think we still have a small chance.

pmg911

« Reply #635 on: March 31, 2009, 10:06:02 AM »
this has everything to do with calipari, xavier henry might decommit from memphis and sign with kansas, leaving lance out. i think we still have a small chance.

I wouldn't be so sure about Herney walking away from Memphis. Doesn't his brother go to school there already..?

Memphis would also have to release him from his LOI.

« Reply #636 on: March 31, 2009, 10:35:10 AM »
What about John Wall?  I thought he was down to Memphis and Kansas...

Also, looks like Henry would be looking to leave according to Zags...

http://blog.zagsblog.net/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:47:52 AM by B-Squared »

« Reply #637 on: March 31, 2009, 11:11:43 AM »

I wouldn't be so sure about Herney walking away from Memphis. Doesn't his brother go to school there already..?

Memphis would also have to release him from his LOI.

I've read reports that Memphis already said they would grant him a release if Calipari left
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #638 on: March 31, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »

AAAAGGGHHHHHH

WHAT THE PLUCK, MAN!  Sweet Jesu this kid loves the f**king attention!  GET IT OVER ALREADY!

You know what?  For all of y'all who hear the rumors or think you know where this kid is going, I don't think HE knows where he's going.  or why not announce at the Garden?  Why not announce at McD's?  He doesn't know.  What does he need to be ready?  One more surgery seminar?  This ain't surgery!  Just drop a hot damned name and be quick with it, son!

I think you're right. What's the hold up?
SJU and Maryland might not be out of the mix yet.

Maybe he wants payment in advance from shady Europe.

« Reply #639 on: March 31, 2009, 11:56:18 AM »
when is he going to announce now and what venue will it be at?