Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #640 on: March 31, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
You know that Taco Bell across from the West 4th courts?  There.  Right before the summer leagues start.

No, wait, on the can at Jay-Z's club.

No, wait, on an east river helipad...

« Reply #641 on: March 31, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »
I know for one thing the recent revelations means we are out & him changing his mind to announce is directly connect with Kentucky , Memphis & Kansas

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #642 on: March 31, 2009, 12:21:04 PM »
well if it is connected with only Kansas Kentucky and Memphis then we arent out then. If Wall goes to Kansas because of Calipari going to Kentucky then Lance obviously does not want another highly touted recruit stealing his spotlight.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #643 on: March 31, 2009, 12:28:17 PM »
Or maybe Lance wants to play with the best.  If he's really serious about wanting to "win a championship," why not recreate a version of the Fab 5?  I mean, imagine if one team had 3-4 of the top ten recruits in the country and won the NCAA championship?  That team would be talked about for years.

Marillac

« Reply #644 on: March 31, 2009, 01:08:34 PM »
this has everything to do with calipari, xavier henry might decommit from memphis and sign with kansas, leaving lance out. i think we still have a small chance.

Bingo.  Cousins, Henry, and Wall are all now considering Kansas.  I think Self takes any of the three over Lance.

« Reply #645 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »
this has everything to do with calipari, xavier henry might decommit from memphis and sign with kansas, leaving lance out. i think we still have a small chance.

Bingo.  Cousins, Henry, and Wall are all now considering Kansas.  I think Self takes any of the three over Lance.

bottom line. this young man is lost in his recruiting. cmon lance, suit up in red.

« Reply #646 on: March 31, 2009, 01:50:31 PM »
we have a chance, small, but still a chance.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/31/now-lance-wont-announce-this-week/#more-14216

Stephenson Says He’ll Hold Off (UPDATED)
Posted on Mar 31, 2009 8:18 am
There will be no college announcement from Lance Stephenson today.

Apparently the coaches at Kansas, Maryland and St. John’s — as well as their fans — will have to wait until Stephenson finalizes his plans.

“Me and my family and I have decided that we are going to wait it out and I’m going to make the best decision for me and my family,” Stephenson told the media assembled at the McDonald’s All-American media day.

Lance Stephenson Sr. called the McDonald’s PR people Monday night and told them his son wasn’t yet ready to announce his college decision. The 6-foot-5 Stephenson was expected to announce for Kansas today at media day.

This marks the second time Lance has delayed his announcement. He was originally supposed to do it March 21 at Madison Square Garden, but held off.

“It wasn’t a change,” he said. “It’s just been hard for me and my family to make a decision. I’m just going to wait it out.”

He added: “This is my life. I want to go somewhere that I’m comfortable and I can play at.” It remains unclear if John Calipari’s pending move to Kentucky has anything to do with Stephenson’s decision. If Calipari were to take the Kentucky job, several of his recruits, including wing Xavier Henry, could follow suit.

But Calipari did not recruit Stephenson at Memphis, so it would seem like Kansas would still have the upper hand.

It could also be that Stephenson wants to see what Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich are doing before committing to Kansas, but indications are that Aldrich will return. Stephenson has long said he wants to play with a talented big man.

Stephenson said he had no timetable for deciding. The late signing period begins April 15.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:51:26 PM by buckeyestorm »

« Reply #647 on: March 31, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »
why does everyone think he delayed? Its funny on Kansas' site they are all ready to bail on Lance in favor of Xavier Henry. Funny how the tide turns and do you think Self said Lance we're going to have to wait to see how things play out?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #648 on: March 31, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »
I wonder if this Lance delayed decision had anything to do with the so called "Norm meeting" last night

« Reply #649 on: March 31, 2009, 03:08:46 PM »
I wonder if this Lance delayed decision had anything to do with the so called "Norm meeting" last night

Marillac

« Reply #650 on: March 31, 2009, 03:53:08 PM »

We don't even know if that metting took place.  Secondly, I don't thin STJ factored into it at all.  It was all about Kansas.

Honestly, even if he doesn't choose Kansas I still don't think he comes here.  We are a bridesmaid and nothing more.

« Reply #651 on: March 31, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »

Marco... care to elborate or explain how you know that Lance and Norm had a meeting last night?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #652 on: March 31, 2009, 04:32:12 PM »
Someone mentioned it on one the other boards from a second source.  I think it was PMG, can't remember.

« Reply #653 on: March 31, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
link please!

« Reply #654 on: March 31, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »

Marco... care to elborate or explain how you know that Lance and Norm had a meeting last night?

That might have been interpreted the wrong way. Supposedly Norm met with Monasch with his agent, but as this point im not even sure that happenned. It probably had nothing to do with Lance anyway, i was just throwing that out there

« Reply #655 on: March 31, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/31/now-lance-wont-announce-this-week/

Watch this interview, when asked what are his top 3 choices-Lance says St Johns right away. For him to mention us first might be a good thing. At the end Tony Danza asks him what is the most important things hes looking for-Lance's reply 1-tradition 2-coach 3-players surrounding him. Lets go kid, COME TO ST JOHNS!

« Reply #656 on: March 31, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1116123.html

Near the bottom of the article.

Even if KU was to get a commitment from Stephenson or Henry, the fact remains that the Jayhawks would have 15 scholarships occupied if Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich return to school. That’s two over the limit of 13. Kansas would have to cut two scholarships either through Collins and/or Aldrich’s early defection to the NBA or players transferring this offseason.

It is also possible that a returning player could volunteer to give up his scholarship. It has long been rumored that Lawrence native and KU basketball legacy Brady Morningstar would make that sacrifice. Morningstar told The Star in January that he would be open to that option if it made the team better

sjd8886

« Reply #657 on: March 31, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »
now its NOT about who will go further into the ncaa tournament???...i cant follow this story anymore, its too stressful, this kid changes his mind too much...when he announces he announces...i will be 1000000000000 times more excited for a new coach than lance anyway

« Reply #658 on: March 31, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
hes is so destined to be here.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #659 on: March 31, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »
 :o ;D

Because he doesn't know what he's doing?