Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #600 on: March 22, 2009, 01:05:48 AM »
Lance Sr. now saying that Europe is still an option:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/sports/basketball/Will-Lance-Stephenson-Go-to-College.html

Wow makes sense I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to go to Europe to play as long as they give me my money up front.Wow could that be the surprise he puts on a CSKA Moscow hat  :o
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:07:21 AM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #602 on: March 22, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »
“If I keep playing hard and pick the right college and show my talent, I think I’ll be here again.”

If he picks the "right" college he'll definitely be here again.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #603 on: March 22, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »
doubt he meant that.  the question asked was "was this your last home game at msg?"

« Reply #604 on: March 22, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »
he probably meant playing in the NBA in that answer
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #605 on: March 22, 2009, 01:42:50 PM »
Lets not make Lance out to be aristotle with these quotes.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #606 on: March 22, 2009, 03:30:22 PM »
Or even an idiot savant like Manny Ramirez

On that note, is there any recent word on whether Lance will be qualified?
The whole recruitment may be moot.

« Reply #607 on: March 22, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »
Or even an idiot savant like Manny Ramirez

On that note, is there any recent word on whether Lance will be qualified?
The whole recruitment may be moot.

he has said he's qualified.  who knows though..

« Reply #608 on: March 22, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »
Has any player won 3 state titles? I know rice won 3 out 4 state titles in 96, 98 & 99 did they have one player on all 3 of those championship teams ?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #609 on: March 22, 2009, 08:18:15 PM »
Once again, Lance will commit to either St. Johns,Kansas or Maryland-maybe even play overseas. My sources also tell me he will announce at or around the Mcdonalds All American game...

« Reply #610 on: March 22, 2009, 09:51:31 PM »
All Signs Point to Lance Landing at Kansas

Posted on Mar 22, 2009 9:24 pm
Lance Stephenson says he’s already chosen his college, and at this point all signs indicate he’ll end up at Kansas.

Go to Zags for more....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/22/all-signs-point-to-lance-landing-at-kansas/#more-13817

edited buckeye please include links to your sources and do not copy and paste entire content thanks.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:37:41 PM by Dave »

« Reply #611 on: March 22, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »
Yup, nothing we all didn't know. He wont be coming to SJU-and NR needs to go now.

« Reply #612 on: March 22, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
Yup, nothing we all didn't know. He wont be coming to SJU-and NR needs to go now.

« Reply #613 on: March 23, 2009, 12:55:39 AM »
There's little point in retaining Roberts if he couldn't get Stephenson. The only reason to retain him would be if the school is so poor that it couldn't bring in a better alternative, which would be hard to believe.

He's an inept bench coach and a below-average recruiter. As it is, the next guy is going to have to figure his way out of the skewed scholarship situation created by the massive rising junior class.

The problem is that there are quite a few good jobs open and likely to open that Monasch better have his short list ready in order to act and react, depending upon the initial feedback.

« Reply #614 on: March 23, 2009, 03:19:58 PM »

Posted on Mar 22, 2009 9:24 pm
Lance Stephenson says he’s already chosen his college, and at this point all signs indicate he’ll end up at Kansas.

Go to Zags for more....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/22/all-signs-point-to-lance-landing-at-kansas/#more-13817

“Maybe I’ll get drafted to the Knicks, who knows? If I keep playing hard and pick the right college and show my talent, I think I’ll be here again.”

If he won’t play at the Garden again until he’s on the Knicks, he’s not likely to suit up for the Johnnies.

So Lance is out but I was able to face it last week :'( .

However  with the signing of Omari & Hardy ,the return of Mase & with  Paris Horne having a break out season, I thought this team had enough perimeter fire power & didn't need Lance anyway because he is not a PG or a PF or C with any kinds of post moves.

As for the Jayhawks if Sherron stays like most mock drafts have him doing, does Lance start over there next season? The Jayhawks would then return 3 starting guards to their line up & he is not a 4 in college.

« Reply #615 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08:04 PM »
right..we don't need the number one high school player in the country.

we are... mediocrity,

sjd8886

« Reply #616 on: March 24, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
we need a new coach more than the #1 recruit in the country

« Reply #617 on: March 26, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »

How about Plato, Socrates or Dr. Kennedy?  :D

« Reply #618 on: March 26, 2009, 07:24:05 PM »
we need a new coach more than the #1 recruit in the country

I agree I would trade a Big name coach for Lance anyday

« Reply #619 on: March 28, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/28/sherrod-wright-on-the-mason-visit-lance-named-co-mr-ny-basketball/#more-14039

What I’m saying right now is I’m coming back,” said Collins, who added that he is in fine shape financially and has the blessing of his family to return.

All we need is Cole to stay @ Kansas & they are maxed out with scholarships , NCAA better watch for some funny business.