http://nitology.com/bracket022210.html

4 seed, they have us playing Northeastern

Poison

Re: NIT-ology
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:24:05 AM »
Can we be #65 again?

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:01:22 AM »
We re "solidly" in the NIT bracket according to that projection. Can it be that outsiders have a higher opinion of us then we do?

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:40:04 AM »
this must be driving marillac and kid crazy to see this.

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 06:56:44 AM »
The last nit run was alot of fun. I sent this message from my phone. The phone changed NIT to not. Thats why it made no sense.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:26:01 AM by TONYD3 »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »
Seriously, though, that makes no sense.

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:51:47 AM »

Why would it drive me crazy?  NIT year 6 is not acceptable.  Fr harrington has already seen what can happen if you allow a terrible coach to come back based on an NIT appearance giving people false hope.

"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »

Why would it drive me crazy?  NIT year 6 is not acceptable.  Fr harrington has already seen what can happen if you allow a terrible coach to come back based on an NIT appearance giving people false hope.

Are you referring to Mahoney? I don't think Harrington was too involved back then. He listened to he basketball folks at that point. Mahoney was fired because his players didn't listen to him, and he couldn't convey his message to them-which wasn't off base. The players were just such asses.

Foad

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
Are you referring to Mahoney?

Jarvae

boo3

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 09:07:49 AM »
St.john's vs. Northeastern!    I can't wait..  can we get a bus to go up there?

Poison

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »
Are you referring to Mahoney?

Jarvae

Thanks. Jarvis was a lot of things, but a terrible coach?

Foad

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »
Jarvis was a lot of things, but a terrible coach?

Awful. Four years of the weave while he crouched in front of the bench wincing and rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 10:26:13 AM »

Awful. Four years of the weave while he crouched in front of the bench wincing and rubbing the bridge of his nose.

The weave was a little expected, but his teams played defense.
And he did win a BE tourney with a 6'4 center, and 2 bench players.

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »

LOL  Jarvis was a poor coach....  Worse than Norm?  Nope!  No one in Big East history is worse than Norm.  Nevertheless, Jarvis was a poor coach and a shoddy recruiter, as well.   

He was given the "golden goose" when he got here and turned it into an ugly duckling.  He made matters worse by allowing Omar Cook do whatever he wanted to do, carte blanche.

IMO, Jarvis and Cook destroyed that team.  Albeit, they were young....  There was some decent overall talent on that team and Jarvis garbage coaching and lack of discipline killed that team.

Marcus Hatten saved Jarvis arse for a couple of years.  So, I hope he is giving Hatten some of his money to this date.

You're right, Foad....  I was glad to see Jarvis and his eye flinching, wincing and bridge-of-the-nose rubbing finally get tossed.  I think they should've waited until the end of the season, but mission accomplished.

Foad

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
The weave was a little expected, but his teams played defense.
And he did win a BE tourney with a 6'4 center, and 2 bench players.

That team had two NBA players, Bootsy Thornton, and a 6 6" center who was Mr Basketball in NY his senior year in HS. It wasn't exactly a Hoosiers scenario.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 11:22:54 AM »
That team had two NBA players, Bootsy Thornton, and a 6 6" center who was Mr Basketball in NY his senior year in HS. It wasn't exactly a Hoosiers scenario.
[/quote]

I agree that he inherited a lot of talent, but he was far from the worst coach in the league. At least we were relevant when he was here.

His personality was off putting, and local recruits wanted nothing to do with him. That was his biggest problem.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »
maybe jarvis will come back and we'll win 28 games with norm's players.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 02:06:06 PM »
You're pushing it....26 wins

Tha Kid

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 02:18:05 PM »

I agree that he inherited a lot of talent, but he was far from the worst coach in the league. At least we were relevant when he was here.

His personality was off putting, and local recruits wanted nothing to do with him. That was his biggest problem.
[/quote]

You're getting off-topic.  The point was, Jarvis' team in 02-03 with Hatten was awful and a run to the NIT title saved his job.  Fr. Harrington allowed the NIT run to persuade him to keep Jarvae another year, then had to fire him mid-season, and then all hell broke loose.

If he's inclined to fire Norm, I would think he wouldn't let a NIT run dissuade him from doing so.  Harrington knows as well as anyone that the Pitt scandal didn't happen under Jarvis' watch, though I am sure he loves Norm way more than the Jarvae.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »

You're getting off-topic.  The point was, Jarvis' team in 02-03 with Hatten was awful and a run to the NIT title saved his job.  Fr. Harrington allowed the NIT run to persuade him to keep Jarvae another year, then had to fire him mid-season, and then all hell broke loose.

If he's inclined to fire Norm, I would think he wouldn't let a NIT run dissuade him from doing so.  Harrington knows as well as anyone that the Pitt scandal didn't happen under Jarvis' watch, though I am sure he loves Norm way more than the Jarvae.
[/quote]

Those were Jarvis' recruits and thugs