Connecticut Postgame Discussion

• 63 replies
Re: Connecticut Postgame Discussion
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 06:38:09 PM »
i give a lot of crap to sean evan but this was probably one of the best games i have seen him play. One of the rare time this year they put a team away. great win
Hear. Hear.
Evans:
28 minutes
7/9 field goals
5/5 from the line
19 points
10 bounds (4 offensive)
3 assists
2 steals
Great game!

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 06:49:34 PM »
I still think Norm's gone unless we make the semifinals.
I think if we win tomorrow, he's back. And that's not based on anything, other than my gut.
Marquette coach was all  that ball screen "offense"  last time. Very well coached team.
He's a relentless recruiter for a head coach. An acquaintance said that Buzz has had all three assistants on the road for the past few weeks and he's been doing a lot of video work w/ the kids.

I hope the kids enjoyed the impressive win and Calhoun retires (but I doubt he will at this point).

kob24

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »
came back from the game. player of the game to me was malik boothe. that is the real malik we saw today. i dont know who the hell was that these past few years. everyone balled i loved it omari played well i loved justin tech. and above all miss or made we was trying to dunk everything and we caught a few bodies. i dont want to here nothing about u conn sucks this year. they have 3 or 4 mcdonalds all americans 4 or 5 nba players and they got whipped today

Poison

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
came back from the game. player of the game to me was malik boothe. that is the real malik we saw today. i dont know who the hell was that these past few years. everyone balled i loved it omari played well i loved justin tech. and above all miss or made we was trying to dunk everything and we caught a few bodies. i dont want to here nothing about u conn sucks this year. they have 3 or 4 mcdonalds all americans 4 or 5 nba players and they got whipped today

Anytime you beat Uconn it's a great win.

They have way too much talent for excuses.
It's great to hear that Malik played so well. He's a great kid.

You have to wonder, why is it that we show up on occasion and play great bball, and other times we go through motions?

I don't think Norm deserves to be back, but I could see an argument for slight improvement, if we win tomorrow and take a couple in the NIT.

boo3

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »
 No offense KOB, but Justin's technical foul was just plain stupid.  you have a team on the ropes, up 11 or 12 (i forgot the exact amount), you can't give them a break like that arguing a refs bad call. Walker missed one of the free-throws luckily.
   There was nothing good about that tech.  sorry.

kob24

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
i think it showed that he was tired of the bull shit. it showed emotion. be fore that i think it was 8 to 3 on the foul calls the refs wasnt calling nothing. he got fed up i loved it

boo3

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »
i think it showed that he was tired of the bull shit. it showed emotion. be fore that i think it was 8 to 3 on the foul calls the refs wasnt calling nothing. he got fed up i loved it

The refs were pretty bad, i'll give you that. I'd rather see the coach get the T in that scenario. Plus you don't want Jb to get another one and then get ejected.
  it doesn't matter anyway.

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 08:14:37 PM »
i give a lot of crap to sean evan but this was probably one of the best games i have seen him play. One of the rare time this year they put a team away. great win
Hear. Hear.
Evans:
28 minutes
7/9 field goals
5/5 from the line
19 points
10 bounds (4 offensive)
3 assists
2 steals
Great game!

Evans 5 for 5 from the line.  This really was our day.

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
I just noticed he was 5-5 from the FT line. Thats amazing. Great job Sean. He played within himself for the most part today. He had 1 bad fast break where he forced it but for the most part he got all nice points within the paint and got good position for boards. Also he made such a pretty pass to DJ for a jumper...I don't think I've ever seen him kick it out before. I was going nuts.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »
Team played great and I loved the effort! But the TECH was dumb and SELFISH! At the time we could have got our lead up to 15/16. After tech they could have cut the lead to less then 10 if they scored and hit free throws. Justin has to be smarter even though it was a bad call!

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 08:30:39 PM »
keep the momentum going and ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK..>>>thats all i want to see tomm

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
The tech was dumb but lets not dwell on it. Refs were just as bad too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
JB1 was an idiot with that tech as the call was an obvious, no brainer team control foul on us.

sjd8886

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
we played with very high intensity on defense, drove hard to the basket, and hit our open jumpshots...what we need is a coach who can get this effort out of these guys about 32 times or so next year

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »
As I said in the other forum...... I am absolutely baffled at what we did today.  Can't explain it, at all.

Malik played excellent, and this is coming from a guy that strongly dislikes what he brings to the table on a daily basis. 

Wish we converted on more of those dunks though lol.

Can we win tomorrow? 

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
Why was Hilton (34 min.) still in the game at the 1:44 mark with a 21 point lead?  Was Malik II (36 min.) still in at that point?  Prez? We should have been resting our players.  This is 5 game in 5 day tournament, right?

I missed the 2nd half.

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
Proud of the way we competed....nice win. I listened to Mike Kay and he felt Norm earned the right to coach the seniors in their last year. Interesting scenario especially if we can find away to win 2morrow.

kob24

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »
JB1 was an idiot with that tech as the call was an obvious, no brainer team control foul on us.
huh?????? was u at the game

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 10:01:55 PM »
The tech was ill-advised but people - isn't that the Justin we saw freshman year?  Passionate, into the game, a little hot-tempered?  And when they're like that and confident, they play hard, look crisp, make plays (most of the time).

Nice game.

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 10:11:35 PM »
huh?????? was u at the game

KOB were u floor level under/behind one of the baskets?