Hewitt Declines Contract...uh oh

• 42 replies

boo3

Re: Hewitt Declines Contract...uh oh
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »
 Maybe Hewitt wants to get fired from GT first. Collect his money, then sign w/ St.John's.  He wins twice. ;)

Foad

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
i dont think it hurts,.

Yeah, we're not a laughingstock. Keep telling yourself that.

boo3

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »
 Can we blame Norm?

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »
Can we blame Norm?
Ha!

Personally I'm relieved after wading through dozens of GT posters who were orgasmic over the possibility of PH leaving GT.

I want to get a firecracker whose fans will be infuriated because we're taking hiim from them.

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »
Now is when Monasch needs to show is value to the University. Or else this board (and others) will be calling for his job next.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:24:20 PM by Johnny4Life »

sjd8886

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 04:26:08 PM »
if monsach was doing his job he would have spent the last 4 months raising as much money as he could from the boosters for a new coach...and we would have had a big name by now

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »
if monsach was doing his job he would have spent the last 4 months raising as much money as he could from the boosters for a new coach...and we would have had a big name by now

Yup, hes a joke. Might as well send him to the Jimmy Fallon show with Johnny Thunderdick

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 04:46:15 PM »
Isn't that what he's been doing?  He got in contact with his targets pretty quickly, and has $3 milli to offer from a tight-fisted school?  Say what you want about the man, but he obviously has many of his ducks in a row.  It's just that the ducklings around him keep talking. 

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
I would gladly work for $250K and give the rest of my salary to the players.

I would split $1,250,000 among the top 8 players. so $150,000 each a year.  We'd be good in no time.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 05:12:44 PM »
This search is quickly becomng a joke.  Turned down publicly twice.  Wow.  I really wanted Hewitt too.  He became a more attractive option by the minute.

We are going to end up kicking ourselves in the ass over losing Pecora in the end.

I thought Greenberg would be a good choice a few weeks ago, but after flirting with Donovan and Hewitt, he looks like a sh*tty arse tertiary option.

Marillac

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
Who has worse sources, Fordham96, Roger Rubin, or Lenn "Mushball" Robbins?

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »
i still think pitino comes for $3M/yr

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 05:39:59 PM »
i still think pitino comes for $3M/yr

I'm not getting my hopes up.  Greenberg and 18-22 wins for the next seven years.  Yay. 

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
Pretty sad. I thought if we wanted Hewitt, we had him. I was excited about his recruiting skills but not so excited about everything else. Could be a blessing in disguise.

I don't know who we're gonna get now. You have to assume it will be someone on Greenberg's level but maybe the higher ups will panic and offer a big named coach a bigger contract than they were originally willing to give knowing now that they don't have great fallback options anymore.

Let's not panic yet.

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 06:03:53 PM »

Too much hoopla in all the reporting lately. Then again at least they're following the team.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »
I'm sure Mike Francessa is patting himself on the back right now saying "so far I am right"

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »

Mushball would have owned you in the back of Social that night. That why you showed up late?

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 08:07:07 PM »
I'm sure Mike Francessa is patting himself on the back right now saying "so far I am right"
I was thinking the SAME EXACT thing, hes probably sitting back in his chair saying "i told you not to fire norm, unless you had a coach in line, blah blah blah"

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »
Isn't that what he's been doing?  He got in contact with his targets pretty quickly, and has $3 milli to offer from a tight-fisted school?  Say what you want about the man, but he obviously has many of his ducks in a row.  It's just that the ducklings around him keep talking.

Exactly, peter!  Those clowns wanna break a story so, badly that they almost come off like a conflict of interest.

sjd8886

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »
francesa said on the show today he would think about his list tonight for the st johns opening and give it tomorrow on his show...im assuming it will be guys he think might take the job and guys he think would be a good fit...today he kept saying how beilein would be his top choice right now